Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

If you watch no other videos on Youtube this week...

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
If you watch no other videos on Youtube this week...
on: November 13, 2018, 04:03:22 PM
Make the time to watch this one.  Hell, make your kids watch it.  Sit your coworkers down and duct tape your manager to his chair if you have to, but watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH9xGn5cIkQ&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0XtHoT6HQxeTUghNrq5haKP61ILHi82NqoQOf5hZAyQcMiTYcdOVFEquI

These disabled veterans paddled 226 miles down an extremely dangerous section of river, and they did it blind.  All they had to guide them was their faith in their friends, and they have done what many able bodied and sighted people have failed to do.  If this does not prove that the world is a better, stronger place when we work together then nothing will.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

be Offline Top-Gear-24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: If you watch no other videos on Youtube this week...
Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 04:38:21 PM
Okay ...

That was truly impressive ...  :sa:

Respect  :hatsoff:.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 04:43:22 PM
I have been through rapids almost as bad as that, and I was scared poopless... and I could see what I was doing.  not knowing where you are and not seeing what is about to hit you would be absolutely terrifying.

Sure, you can hear the water that you are headed for, but not what is after it, or after that.

Simply amazing.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 04:54:35 PM
Holy F&#$, I’ve been out there just not down there, and I know that trips absolutely one if not “the” best for one who does that! And to see someone especially vets who lost their vision finally get to do that, just wow,, I’ll have to show the wife and post it on Facebook..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline GrandpaPatch

Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 05:07:42 PM
 :like: Very Cool. Thanks for sharing that. I had never of Team River Runner.
The SAK Whittling Club |
Is it better to carry a 'paddle' or to be "up a creek" without one?

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 05:53:03 PM
Me either, which is a bit of a surprise given how many veteran's organizations we have worked with in the past and still work with today.  And, how much kayaking I do. 

I would have loved to help on a trip like that, and it is one of my dream trips.

Def

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 06:15:59 PM
Me either, which is a bit of a surprise given how many veteran's organizations we have worked with in the past and still work with today.  And, how much kayaking I do. 

I would have loved to help on a trip like that, and it is one of my dream trips.

Def
I hear you!
That was one reason I actully liked working at Lowe’s, just to help some of the customers fix some of their plumbing problems, “some!”
One of my dreams is to travel the US, I’ve been from here to there, from there to here, and traveled a few. On the other hand the Mrs really never seen out of one state. So it was my dream to just take her everywhere and see some of the places I’ve been.. my grandparents kinda did th same, in service for 27yrs worldwide, then 20yrs state. Lived 20min from the Alamo yet never seen it, until they sold the house and car, bought a camper and truck and just traveled the US. for 7yrs, kept going back to AZ, sold it all and bought in..
This isn’t what they did but similar to what I’d wish, just will never happen.. and hell, if I could help a program like that I sooooo would, but with my problem, someone else would have to be controlling part time..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%