Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Pistol Grip Keyhole Saws

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Pistol Grip Keyhole Saws
on: February 18, 2022, 06:20:38 AM
I pick these up anytime they are cheap.  I like the shape.  Boys and their guns I guess.  :D

Millers Falls, Corsair by Great Neck and Stanley Handyman H1275. 
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Pistol Grip Keyhole Saws
Reply #1 on: February 19, 2022, 01:48:22 AM
Nice group! I need to get one. I've been using a Milford Midget mini hacksaw for most saw jobs, but it's not a keyhole saw.

I wonder if the saw blade of the Stanley Handyman will fit in a fixed blade utility knife? I found a 1960s carpentry book around the house (it's been my go-to for some beginning projects), and it shows a Stanley fixed blade utility knife with a similar saw blade installed in the handle. With that hole in the center and the notch at the spine of the blade towards the back, it looks like it might.

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #2 on: February 19, 2022, 05:59:06 AM
Nice group! I need to get one. I've been using a Milford Midget mini hacksaw for most saw jobs, but it's not a keyhole saw.

I wonder if the saw blade of the Stanley Handyman will fit in a fixed blade utility knife? I found a 1960s carpentry book around the house (it's been my go-to for some beginning projects), and it shows a Stanley fixed blade utility knife with a similar saw blade installed in the handle. With that hole in the center and the notch at the spine of the blade towards the back, it looks like it might.

Quite possible.  I also like the Eclipse 10 and 12 handles. 
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Online Adam5

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 19, 2022, 11:17:23 AM
We used pistol grip saws for cutting out boxes in drywall back when I started working with my dad. My sister was still using one until recently. For the life of me I can't remember the brand. I assume it was Stanley but I don't know for certain.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #4 on: April 02, 2022, 05:48:36 PM
They should call these "saw grips". They're around way before pistols, who really took their shape from these saws.

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59
Site Currency: USD