Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Announcement

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Announcement
on: July 02, 2007, 12:59:00 AM
As many of you know, SOSAKOnline is officially two whole years old as of this month.  That's a whole heck of alot of SAK stories to tell!

Now, what you may not know, is that Multitool.org is officially one year old this month as well!  It was July 14th last year that I officially said "To heck with further development, let's fly this puppy" to Esteban, and the rest is history.

There's a long list of folks that are worth mentioning, and who helped get this site off the ground.  It probably could have been done without their help, but it would have been much more difficult, and less interesting.  If your name isn't on this list, then I either forgot you (hey, it happens!) or I BS'ed you about how important you were.  But don't worry, it was probably me forgetting you.  Really.  It sure couldn't have been the other one.  Not you, cuz yoodaman!  ;D

Here's a list- not complete, but definitely the folks we would be lost without.

Esteban- It's often said that success is ten percent inspiration, ninety percent perspiration.  Well, thanks Esteban, you ol' sweatbag you!

Inky- As soon as I figure out what you do around here, I'll have it engraved on a medal for you!

Dave- If you hadn't let me steal your hard work from days gone by, it would have taken me another few hours to get where we are now!

Tim- Keep taking my money, really, it's not like I need food or anything!

Bob- The best thing I ever stole from Bladeforums.  Of course, also the only thing I ever stole from Bladeforums, but don't let that cheapen the moment for you!

The Moderator/Admin staff- Guys, the effort you put in here is greatly appreciated.  The thoughtful way you jumped on those spammers (after copying their links) saved many other members from suffering at the hands of augmented boobies and Asians willing to do anything.

And to the members, past, present, and possibly future, I say thanks for putting up with all of our nonsense, and enjoying the slight bit of relevant information we actually provide!  I am personally going to raise a glass of good Canadian beer to each and every one of you who wastes your time in front of the computer, enjoying this site!  And, if any of you should find yourselves in my neck of the woods, drag your arses over for a beer and a bit of charred meat on the barbeque!  I promise, I'll flip your hot dog with a Surge!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Re: Announcement
Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 02:12:10 AM
I guess I'll be the first to say: Thanks to all those listed, and all those forgotten, and also a special thanks to... Def!  :) It's been fun to be able to hang out here with other multi-minded folks in a place we can call home, not just mooching off some other forum where tools are the sideshow.  :multi:

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 03:05:08 AM
Happy birthday, multitool.org!

Thanks for birthing it, Def.     :)
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 03:26:20 AM
Happy upcoming birthday Multitool.org, and congratulations Def! I wasn't around at the very beginning, but this place has came a loooong way since I first visited last September! The main site is something to be proud of, the forums are filled with great discussion and intelligent members, and the entire operation is operated in a professional manner.

Gentlemen, a toast: To Multitool.org, may its second year be as grand as its first!  :cheers:

Bob
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 03:35:20 AM
Well, without your help, we'd be at least 3,061 less posts!

Seriously, you are absolutely right- the site has come a long way and I am certain that the second year will be much more interesting.  As more and more of the announced tools hit the street (Spyder and Byrdwrench, Zilla, Guppie, Freestyle etc) I think we will have no where to go but up!

And with all you guys helping out, I don't think even the sky is a reasonable limit!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 08:59:58 AM
Congratulations Def.....Multitool.org is the first place I go when I fire up my computer when I get home from work.  It's something I look forward to all day. Thanks for all the hard work and time all you guys put in. I look forward to the future.
"

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 06:22:12 PM
This is an excellent site, and made all the better by the great community you have fostered here Def. Even though I am not a collector of multitools I still read most posts in the forums, multitool.org really has given me a lot of knowledge and a new interest.

Offline plowboy

Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 06:34:11 PM
I enjoy both the SOSAK and Multitool site very much.  I have learned so much.  I'm also coming to learn how useful SAKs truly are.

Thanks to you Def.  Also, my thanks to all of you that have helped and have contributed to these sites.

:)

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 07:50:29 PM
Happy upcoming birthday! Beer and ribs at Def's place! :cheers: Thanks especially to Def and Estaeban for bringing the site life,and more for Def for keeping the tone from getting combative or abusive,unlike some other sites that will remain nameless
I

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 07:59:47 PM
This site is about tools so it's CONstructive.  Those other sites are about tactical weaponry so they are DEstructive.

Plus there has to be at least one forum online without acne faced 45 year old virgins sitting in front of their computers in Mommy's basement talking trash about everyone else!

I'm certain if I keep looking I'll find it eventually!  >:D

Def

us Offline Fred

• I'm the one they call Dr FeelGood
Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 02:42:30 AM
But don't worry, it was probably me forgetting you.  Really.  It sure couldn't have been the other one.  Not you, cuz yoodaman!

thanks you had me worried there for a minut
Yabba dabba doo!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 02:53:22 AM
Hell no Fred, we'd never BS you about how important you are....  Yoodaman!

Def

us Online David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 03:36:55 PM
Thanks to all the little people out there too, we always need reviews from long time members as well as newbies. This site cannot grow with just a handfull of joes flying by the seat of thier pants...well maybe they can.

David

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 03:58:43 PM
Little people?  :twak:

You never call them that in public!  They might take offense and think that we actually think of them as little people! :P

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%