Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What do we have on the way?

Benner · 26150 · 1393509

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: What do we have on the way?
Reply #25470 on: January 16, 2021, 02:26:21 PM
 :like:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #25471 on: January 16, 2021, 05:57:46 PM
Hultafors Chisel knife
(Image removed from quote.)

and another set of 4mm to 1/4" bit adapters, since the first one was not delivered.

Was I the only one reading that as "Hultafors Cheese knife"?

:facepalm:

I need a sandwich...

:D :D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline pipedreams

• Improvisational Engineer
Reply #25472 on: January 18, 2021, 01:38:27 AM
The green Pioneer X I ordered from Switzerland should arrive this week...fingers crossed. It arrived in NYC this past Friday.
-Todd

Every moment is an adventure. Are you equipped?

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #25473 on: January 19, 2021, 05:28:29 PM
 :like:

Some nice items coming to you fellas. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline pipedreams

Reply #25474 on: January 19, 2021, 05:30:56 PM
The green Pioneer X I ordered from Switzerland should arrive this week...fingers crossed. It arrived in NYC this past Friday.
Is there any better text message than “Out For Delivery”?
-Todd

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #25475 on: January 19, 2021, 05:53:05 PM
Is there any better text message than “Out For Delivery”?

"Delivered".

8) 8)

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline pipedreams

Reply #25476 on: January 19, 2021, 06:48:05 PM
 :cheers:
-Todd

us Offline pipedreams

Reply #25477 on: January 20, 2021, 01:24:17 AM
It’s a thing of beauty...
-Todd

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #25478 on: January 20, 2021, 02:00:27 AM
It’s a thing of beauty...
It is that, it is that  :tu:
They don't like it up 'em!

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #25479 on: January 20, 2021, 05:49:07 AM
 :iagree: :tu:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #25480 on: January 20, 2021, 05:17:55 PM
 :drool:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #25481 on: January 21, 2021, 12:47:21 AM
A Byrd Crow knife. 
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline cody6268

Reply #25482 on: January 21, 2021, 03:13:25 AM
An SAK lot I really didn't need. I probably, at $50 set my bid too high. But, $15 in rewards points saved my butt; and it ended up costing me just $30. There are two Wengers, which gives me more choice for the upcoming Delemont challenge. And on the Wengers, scale tools still appear to be in place. One used to be able to buy Wenger scale tools, even a few years after Vic ceased producing Wenger for about the same price as Vic--now they're rare as hen's teeth.

In the lot appears to be the following:  Believe it or not, I ID'd most on my own with only having to look at the SAK Wiki for the EVO Wenger.

Left column:

Classic SD
Gardener/Florist
Secretary (I bid high partly because I thought it was a watch case opener model, it's not)

Right Column:

Companion
Wenger Golfer
Wenger EVOS101

us Offline cody6268

Reply #25483 on: January 25, 2021, 02:34:03 AM
My first real chopper knife, a Condor Moonshiner.   Nine inch, 3/16 inch thick 1075 blade; and a leather sheath. Cost, less than $50. Machetes are too long for me to reasonably carry, and Kabars aren't really suited to what I do (but great utility knives). Hatchets are kinda too heavy for some jobs.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #25484 on: January 25, 2021, 05:39:52 AM
 :like: :tu:

us Offline cody6268

Reply #25485 on: February 02, 2021, 06:14:41 PM
Stanley SL10 Trapper.  Camillus made these for United Cutlery (who had licensed the Stanley name) in the early 2000s. The unusual thing about this pattern is the fully serrated spey/skinner blade. It was only $20 shipped , and given these are sorta uncommon, I couldn't resist!

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #25486 on: February 03, 2021, 05:16:32 AM
Green plus scales for my Explorer are en route from their homeland  :tu:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #25487 on: February 03, 2021, 05:30:03 AM
Stanley SL10 Trapper.  Camillus made these for United Cutlery (who had licensed the Stanley name) in the early 2000s. The unusual thing about this pattern is the fully serrated spey/skinner blade. It was only $20 shipped , and given these are sorta uncommon, I couldn't resist!

:like: Very neat knife.  The serrated spey blade is not something I've seen before.  Thanks for showing this. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #25488 on: February 04, 2021, 10:15:26 PM
Well, it’s not a multitool or sak, but the kid got close enough with his savings to where we’re chipping in since his bdays coming up and we ordered his custom computer, all built from individual parts he picked and not just a specific model, so it’s not a dell or other brand, total gaming comp, I sooo can’t wait to see this thing and what it can do, he complains on how his current one drags and the graphics suck, well, that’s because we bought it for him just for school work and didn’t think he would push it this far, but since he won’t need his other comp that means we can have it and play sims, lol, well just need to get a cheap monitor, mouse and keypad, :D
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline cody6268

Reply #25489 on: February 05, 2021, 03:52:43 AM
Well, it’s not a multitool or sak, but the kid got close enough with his savings to where we’re chipping in since his bdays coming up and we ordered his custom computer, all built from individual parts he picked and not just a specific model, so it’s not a dell or other brand, total gaming comp, I sooo can’t wait to see this thing and what it can do, he complains on how his current one drags and the graphics suck, well, that’s because we bought it for him just for school work and didn’t think he would push it this far, but since he won’t need his other comp that means we can have it and play sims, lol, well just need to get a cheap monitor, mouse and keypad, :D
JR

Nice!

While TS2 and TS4 (the latter loaded down with mods too) run fine on basically any PC I've tried with at least an i5; TS3 runs horrid on most computers, even on low spec models. These days, the games I'm noticing being listed are being more and more hardware intensive. More and more are recommending i7 or equivalent AMD processors, and I noticed one on Steam the other night that recommended the i9. I've had a long line of toasters intended for consumer use. I bought an Acer gaming PC, but it was crap. It was apparently refurbished, and no one told me, since the "one-year" warranty had started in May, but the PC was bought in Oct. Also, Acer used a too-small power supply, which caused it to crash under any load. I tried to fix the problem myself and probably shorted something out, as it didn't work when I got everything back together.   I'm getting a proper gaming PC, and am aiming for about a $700-800 budget.

I had a newer Asus with an i5 that went kaput, and before getting a computer like you bought for your son (since I suck at computer repair; so I can't build one myself), bought a refurbished Dell Optiplex workstation as an interim to do college work on until I can get a good PC for gaming. It has a 3rd gen i7/16GB of RAM, which is the first I've seen that is able to run TS3 well and not crash. But, that old Intel can't run most games; due to its internal graphics not being supported by current-gen Direct X. And, the solid state drive is just 250GB. I have a handful of games on it (TS2, TS3, TS4), some older games from GOG, as well as several indie titles off both Steam and GOG, and, my hard drive is about 200GB full. I may have to pick up an external drive.

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #25490 on: February 05, 2021, 04:32:03 AM

Nice!

While TS2 and TS4 (the latter loaded down with mods too) run fine on basically any PC I've tried with at least an i5; TS3 runs horrid on most computers, even on low spec models. These days, the games I'm noticing being listed are being more and more hardware intensive. More and more are recommending i7 or equivalent AMD processors, and I noticed one on Steam the other night that recommended the i9. I've had a long line of toasters intended for consumer use. I bought an Acer gaming PC, but it was crap. It was apparently refurbished, and no one told me, since the "one-year" warranty had started in May, but the PC was bought in Oct. Also, Acer used a too-small power supply, which caused it to crash under any load. I tried to fix the problem myself and probably shorted something out, as it didn't work when I got everything back together.   I'm getting a proper gaming PC, and am aiming for about a $700-800 budget.

I had a newer Asus with an i5 that went kaput, and before getting a computer like you bought for your son (since I suck at computer repair; so I can't build one myself), bought a refurbished Dell Optiplex workstation as an interim to do college work on until I can get a good PC for gaming. It has a 3rd gen i7/16GB of RAM, which is the first I've seen that is able to run TS3 well and not crash. But, that old Intel can't run most games; due to its internal graphics not being supported by current-gen Direct X. And, the solid state drive is just 250GB. I have a handful of games on it (TS2, TS3, TS4), some older games from GOG, as well as several indie titles off both Steam and GOG, and, my hard drive is about 200GB full. I may have to pick up an external drive.

It could have been a powersupply failure, you can test that by shorting a couple of the pins on the PSU to see if it spins up. I know that building a PC can seem daunting, but a little bit of caution and patience and it's really not that bad, the hardest part is neat cable management for me (always buy hude cases >.>)
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #25491 on: February 05, 2021, 04:38:42 AM

Nice!

Huh :think:
All I got was blah blah blah, $700-800 budget blah blah blah,, I don’t know the first thing about technology, so I have no clue what you just said,I just old school..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

Offline Rab21

Reply #25492 on: February 06, 2021, 05:04:13 PM
Waiting on Spyderco UKPK Salt edition SE and Lil Native slipit.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #25493 on: February 06, 2021, 07:39:18 PM
I had to take a closer look on these

[It's not failure if you learn something from it]

au Offline Echotech

What do we have on the way?
Reply #25494 on: February 07, 2021, 06:38:27 AM
GEC H30119 Woodland Muslin Hunter

Been after a decent fixed blade for general use and every time I see Aloha post a pic I’ve really liked it, seems like a good balance of weight and utility, don’t need anything any larger or for heavy duty.
US/Australia $ exchange rate isn’t bad at the moment so just ordered it from TKC :like:

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #25496 on: February 14, 2021, 02:02:50 PM
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #25497 on: February 14, 2021, 06:25:52 PM
Nice. I literally used one fifteen minutes ago.
:like: Just arrived.

I shall see how it fares over the next few weeks and over the FX Challenge  :tu:
They don't like it up 'em!

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #25498 on: February 15, 2021, 11:58:33 AM
Nice. I literally used one fifteen minutes ago.

:D :D

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #25499 on: February 15, 2021, 01:17:29 PM
Oh no she did not! :ahhh
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%