Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Which SAK is getting pocket time today?

k12cop · 43684 · 1549023

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Re: Which SAK is getting pocket time today?
Reply #150 on: February 12, 2013, 06:39:25 PM
Thank God for sheaths which allow me to carry 3 SAKs with me each day  :climber: :sak: :tool:
SAW

us Offline colt 1911

Reply #151 on: February 12, 2013, 07:02:36 PM
Thank God for sheaths which allow me to carry 3 SAKs with me each day  :climber: :sak: :tool:

I have thought of two, i go with some type of plier MT and a sak. Do you have a lot  redundancy ? You probably have some trick set up huh !
CHEERS

us Offline sawman

Reply #152 on: February 12, 2013, 07:07:14 PM

I have thought of two, i go with some type of plier MT and a sak. Do you have a lot  redundancy ? You probably have some trick set up huh !
There is redundancy, given I carry an Explorer, a Pioneer and a Rambler, but I need them all for not only tools but fondling purposes  >:D
SAW

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #153 on: February 12, 2013, 08:17:57 PM

There is redundancy, given I carry an Explorer, a Pioneer and a Rambler, but I need them all for not only tools but fondling purposes  >:D

Same for me :D  I carry a plier MT and still manage to carry a couple SAKs.  Of course I don't "need" all of that, but I like to have them available for tinkering/playing/fondling. 
K-Tibbs

us Offline colt 1911

Reply #154 on: February 12, 2013, 09:02:50 PM

Same for me :D  I carry a plier MT and still manage to carry a couple SAKs.  Of course I don't "need" all of that, but I like to have them available for tinkering/playing/fondling.

Snap Snap Snap love that sound
CHEERS

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #155 on: February 12, 2013, 09:11:25 PM

Snap Snap Snap love that sound

Yes indeed :tu: :sak:
K-Tibbs

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #156 on: February 12, 2013, 09:21:46 PM
My Explorer is getting pocket time today because of the Explorer appreciation thread.   :tu:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline sawman

Reply #157 on: February 12, 2013, 09:51:28 PM
My Explorer is getting pocket time today because of the Explorer appreciation thread.   :tu:
Cool  :cheers:  :D
SAW

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #158 on: February 12, 2013, 10:13:57 PM
Cool  :cheers:  :D

:cheers:  Love that Explorer!  The awl on it has gotten a good amount of use today opening boxes actually.
K-Tibbs

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #159 on: February 12, 2013, 11:20:59 PM
Super Tinker on a P-7 clip again!  Went with the three layers!

I wish I could get used to the four layers of my Explorer but I havent been able to so far so I dont carry it.....and it bugs me cause I love that SAK!  :drool:

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #160 on: February 12, 2013, 11:38:18 PM
Desert camo huntsman. :tu:

Ash's mobile on the move.

us Offline colt 1911

Reply #161 on: February 12, 2013, 11:51:35 PM

I wish I could get used to the four layers of my Explorer but I havent been able to so far so I dont carry it.....and it bugs me cause I love that SAK!  :drool:

It is to big to pocket for me, here are a few options. The Gerber nylon lays down flat.
CHEERS

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #162 on: February 13, 2013, 12:02:18 AM

It is to big to pocket for me, here are a few options. The Gerber nylon lays down flat.(Image removed from quote.)

Yeah, I know I can go with the belt carry but for sak's, I hate that idea!  I never figured I would carry a MT on my belt, not a sak!  Dunno what I will do!

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #163 on: February 13, 2013, 12:49:09 AM
My Evo S14 came in the mail today... it's now going to be my primary pocket carry SAK... 

It's also my first regular sized Wenger, and I like it a lot!  Very nice knife!  Excellent fit and finish, and the I think the snap is even snappier (if that makes sense  :think: ) than on some of my 91 mm Vics!

Now I have to get an S557!   :whistle:
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

us Offline colt 1911

Reply #164 on: February 13, 2013, 01:50:57 AM
My Evo S14 came in the mail today... it's now going to be my primary pocket carry SAK... 

It's also my first regular sized Wenger, and I like it a lot!  Very nice knife!  Excellent fit and finish, and the I think the snap is even snappier (if that makes sense  :think: ) than on some of my 91 mm Vics!

Now I have to get an S557!   :whistle:

Lucky !
CHEERS

us Offline 82brutus

Reply #165 on: February 13, 2013, 04:45:35 AM
After watching an episode of MacGyver, I decided I would carry whatever model he used in the episode so I carried a tinker today.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
“We shall neither fail nor falter; we shall not weaken or tire...give us the tools and we will finish the job.” - Winston Churchill

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #166 on: February 13, 2013, 09:59:06 AM
Back to Vic Harvester today, I really like this one. And, yeah, choosing which model is such a pain!  :D

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #167 on: February 13, 2013, 12:02:26 PM

My "SAK du jour" was a vanilla (non-locking) Evo16 (Phillips replaces corkscrew). Gotta love them Wengers, they are a very nice pocket size bit of gear. The Evo scales are growing on me, Guess I'm lucky that they fit my hand. I can see them being uncomfortable if they didn't.
Might even try and pick up something in an EvoGrip.

us Offline colt 1911

Reply #168 on: February 13, 2013, 03:09:56 PM
Going with the super tinker with plus scales upgrade and a new lanyard because of the simple lanyard is best thread.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 03:20:23 PM by colt 1911 »
CHEERS

• No Life Club
Reply #169 on: February 13, 2013, 07:56:37 PM

My "SAK du jour" was a vanilla (non-locking) Evo16 (Phillips replaces corkscrew). Gotta love them Wengers, they are a very nice pocket size bit of gear. The Evo scales are growing on me, Guess I'm lucky that they fit my hand. I can see them being uncomfortable if they didn't.
Part of me is wishing I had gotten the S16 instead of the 14... without a hook the corkscrew looses a bit of its functionality for me; my primary use of both the corkscrew and hook is doing my boot laces, as I do a fair bit of hiking.

As much as I like it, I'm considering putting it up for a trade for an S16.  For what I'll be using it for, having the backside phillips will be useful, even though I don't particularly care for them.

I'm wanting an S17 now for pocket carry for hiking and camping.  A saw blade is pretty useless to me for urban EDC, but for outdoors activities, even things like just walking my wife's poodle, it can be useful at times.

I've also put an S52 and S557 on my want list.  Not sure which I'll get first.  I'm leaning toward the S557, as it would be most useful to me as an EDC tool. 
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

us Offline colt 1911

Reply #170 on: February 13, 2013, 08:05:18 PM

Part of me is wishing I had gotten the S16 instead of the 14... without a hook the corkscrew looses a bit of its functionality for me; my primary use of both the corkscrew and hook is doing my boot laces, as I do a fair bit of hiking.

As much as I like it, I'm considering putting it up for a trade for an S16.  For what I'll be using it for, having the backside phillips will be useful, even though I don't particularly care for them.

I'm wanting an S17 now for pocket carry for hiking and camping.  A saw blade is pretty useless to me for urban EDC, but for outdoors activities, even things like just walking my wife's poodle, it can be useful at times.

I've also put an S52 and S557 on my want list.  Not sure which I'll get first.  I'm leaning toward the S557, as it would be most useful to me as an EDC tool.

what about the 18 ? no hook though. I want the s557 also, i think the wrench can come in handy. Fat edc might have to belt carry.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 08:07:55 PM by colt 1911 »
CHEERS

• No Life Club
Reply #171 on: February 13, 2013, 08:49:52 PM

what about the 18 ? no hook though. I want the s557 also, i think the wrench can come in handy. Fat edc might have to belt carry.
For me, the 17 is better because I'd carry it most often when I'd be out on a hike, walking my wife's dog, or the like.  The corkscrew and the saw are a more useful combination to me in those kinds of situations.  The times I'd find the backside phillips more useful are usually times when a saw is a useless tool for me.

Although, the S52 would be a good choice for outdoors activities for me, as the pliers and saw together would both be useful.  I often use the pliers on one of my Vics for doing stitching tasks with thicker or tougher material, so having them in an outdoors pocket SAK would be a bonus, but I don't feel like I'd need to have them.  Regardless, I still want an S52 even though I honestly don't think I'd have any need for one compared to an S17 or an S557.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #172 on: February 14, 2013, 05:39:46 AM
Today was the Explorer.  I'm really thinking about getting a clip to hang it in my pocket.
K-Tibbs

us Offline 82brutus

Reply #173 on: February 14, 2013, 05:45:15 AM
Pocket carried a Vic Champion with a home made pocket clip.
“We shall neither fail nor falter; we shall not weaken or tire...give us the tools and we will finish the job.” - Winston Churchill

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #174 on: February 14, 2013, 05:58:21 AM

How and with what did you make your pocket clip?
K-Tibbs

tw Offline KTesh

• We4ishe2me pu3to1nghua4 bi3 yi1ngyu3 ge4ng na2n?
Reply #175 on: February 14, 2013, 06:58:51 AM
For now, both knives are getting to ride...  But on a lark, I did a little digging tonight, and found that my "old" Ranger is OLD by my knife standards... 

Looks to have been made between 1980 and 1985.  I got it new at a knife shop just outside of Phoenix Oregon (looks to have been closed since I was last down there) back in the early 2000's to replace a (newer model) knife that was stolen from me.

That explains why the knife is missing the chisel and the parcel hook.

If you can't fix it with duct tape, a hammer, a screwdriver, bailing wire, zipties, or a Swiss Army Knife, it's broken and irreparable.

us Offline 82brutus

Reply #176 on: February 14, 2013, 08:50:43 AM

I just bent a piece of metal into a pocket hanger with a loop at one end so I can switch saks by using the key ring.  There are a couple of topics where people have made some nice pocket hangers using brass and old spoon handles.  I've been watching ever since for a nice old spoon to convert.

• No Life Club
Reply #177 on: February 14, 2013, 09:55:29 AM

I just bent a piece of metal into a pocket hanger with a loop at one end so I can switch saks by using the key ring.  There are a couple of topics where people have made some nice pocket hangers using brass and old spoon handles.  I've been watching ever since for a nice old spoon to convert.
A few months ago Lynn started a thread about using binder clips as pocket suspension clips for SAKs.  It's a pretty easy and cheap way to go in fact.  You just have to have the binder clips that you can take the wire arms off of and put them back on.  Take one arm off, put it through the keyring of your SAK, then reattach the arm to the binder clip, and put the clip on the edge of your pocket.

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #178 on: February 14, 2013, 11:54:40 AM
Blue Alox Rambler today, but the S14 was in my bag along with my Wave in case any real cutting tasks cropped up.

Tomorrow it will be the newly arrived this afternoon Cybertool 34 (2nd hand, but still one hell of a good looking piece of gear. :D

us Offline colt 1911

Reply #179 on: February 14, 2013, 03:45:49 PM
Super Tinker, Sidekick, C33

CHEERS

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79