Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

If you could only have one MT, what would it be?

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Re: If you could only have one MT, what would it be?
Reply #30 on: December 19, 2013, 02:11:19 AM

Oh my, this is a tough one. It would be between my SwissTool and my MUT. If you can carry a SAK, then I'd choose the MUT. If not, then the SwissTool.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Not the TTi ???
Haha, I know eh. My most carried tool, and it didn't even make the cut.

The thing is, the TTi as an only tool lacks so much compared to the SwissTool. That, and the SwissTool is just plain sexy!

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #31 on: December 19, 2013, 03:53:09 AM

Oh my, this is a tough one. It would be between my SwissTool and my MUT. If you can carry a SAK, then I'd choose the MUT. If not, then the SwissTool.

Not the TTi ???

The thing is, the TTi as an only tool lacks so much compared to the SwissTool. That, and the SwissTool is just plain sexy!

Hey, your Canadian is showing :pok: :rofl: :rofl:  Oh I couldn't resist ;)  You make a good point though.  I would probably feel better equipped with my Spirit in comparison to my Wingman, especially if I thought I could really use that extra versatility.  The sexiness is a plus too :tu:
K-Tibbs

us Offline colt 1911

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #32 on: December 19, 2013, 06:09:44 PM

Not the TTi ???

Hey, your Canadian is showing :pok: :rofl: :rofl:  Oh I couldn't resist ;)  You make a good point though.  I would probably feel better equipped with my Spirit in comparison to my Wingman, especially if I thought I could really use that extra versatility.  The sexiness is a plus too :tu:

It's about time you came around !  :twak: :cheers:
CHEERS

us Offline colt 1911

Reply #33 on: December 19, 2013, 06:54:49 PM

If I could have only one tool, I would pick the Victorinox Spirit plus (the one with the butterknife, and the small ratchet/bits).

Or is the ratchet considered as a second tool ... ?  :think:

If you don't mind me asking, Why that style blade ? Is that model harder to come by ?

I believe this was the first type of Spirit that came out, and the Spirit X (with "normal" knife) came later.  I own 3 Spirits with the butter-knife, and two with the normal knife, and I use one of the "butter-knife" versions for my edc. 

At first I had my doubts about this knife, but now that I carry it every day, I've really started to like it, in my view it has no downside compared to the knife on the Spirit X,  it still has a usable point, it has a nice serrated part, and thanks to the fact that the plain edge part of the blade is not on the point, like with other half serrated knives, but on the other side, it can still be used for "finer" work, and it looks even less threatening than the knife on the Spirit X, even though it looks and feels a bit beefier than the X version.

Just my 2 cents  ;).

Thanks for your info, I have the butter knife but have never used it, I carry a dedicated folder so the knife does not see any action. Thanks again, maybe I'll drop the folder and give it a try.

Swiss Army knives .

CHEERS

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #34 on: December 19, 2013, 10:28:37 PM

Not the TTi ???

It's about time you came around !  :twak: :cheers:

Ha, yeah, I won't deny that I would feel better equipped with the Spirit or Rebar as they can be more versatile, but in my normal daily life, I really don't require that.  Of course, I do tend to carry far more than I need anyway, and whatever my Wingman may lack, is more than likely covered by my SAK and whatever else I carry :tu: 

However, since this is a thread discussing the possibility of only carrying one MT, I may be better off to carry one that is more versatile just in case.  That one would probably have to be either the Spirit or Rebar for me.  I'm not sure I can pick between the two easily, but I think I would be leaning more towards the Spirit :think:
K-Tibbs

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #35 on: December 19, 2013, 11:22:29 PM
In the house: Leatherman Surge with bit set
On the go: Victorinox Spirit with bit set

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #36 on: December 20, 2013, 01:03:17 AM
In the house: Leatherman Surge with bit set
On the go: Victorinox Spirit with bit set

I'll agree with kkokkolis tho I don't have a Surge just yet.  It seems like a great heavy hitter for home and work.  My Spirit is the only MT I carry on my off days. 
Esse Quam Videri

au Offline PPCAPache

Reply #37 on: December 20, 2013, 11:52:26 AM
For me it world be my LM Surge, which would be carried in my Skinth OG (currently, just waiting for my Skinth Plus sheath to come) so would therefore have my Bit kit, Bit Extender, LM Micra.

Just got your message on my Galaxy Gear and sent this reply via my Note 3 injected with Tapatalk.

Founder & Chief UAV Pilot at Elevated Drone Control Zone

Rotation EDC: LM MUT, LM OHT, Fenix LD12 / LD22, Benchmade Mini Griptilian, Bit Card, Bit Extender, TEC Ti-Pry Bar, Garmin Tactix Delta, LM Tread LT, iPhone XS Max, iPad Pro (2020) 12.9”,

Other EDC: LM Surge, LM Wave, LM Wave BO, Skeletool & Skeletool KBX Coyote Tan, The RIT [Rapid Intervention Tool], Zippo Lighter,

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #38 on: December 20, 2013, 01:23:28 PM
Leatherman knifeless Fuse. My companion for many years and has never let me down.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline Rs217

• Please send coffee
If you could only have one MT, what would it be?
Reply #39 on: December 21, 2013, 07:17:13 AM
Leatherman knifeless Fuse. My companion for many years and has never let me down.

Is there a locking knife law where you are?

gb Offline Spatha

• d---^__^---b
Reply #40 on: December 22, 2013, 03:17:45 AM
Depends which way the wind is blowing.   :D  Seriously, if you asked me tomorrow you would probably get a different answer.  There are a lot of capable multitools out there so it's not easy to choose between them, but if pressed, I think I would have to choose the Spirit.  Tomorrow probably the wave.   :whistle:

us Offline kc8emd

Reply #41 on: December 22, 2013, 09:48:57 PM
Leatherman PST II.  Its the perfect size for to edc in my pocket, has the right tools, and is durable.

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #42 on: December 22, 2013, 11:45:07 PM

Is there a locking knife law where you are?

Yes, he works in a school.

Offline rickboone

Reply #43 on: December 22, 2013, 11:47:05 PM
Tough question...

I like the feel of the Wave with the handles.  But the light(er)ness of the Rebar, compared to the Wave.  I like the spring action of the Wingman and Sidekick.  And, I like the outer accessible tool of all above, minus the Rebar. 

Hmm...  Very touch question.  I guess I'll choose SAK. 

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Reply #44 on: December 23, 2013, 07:59:36 AM
Two banana slugs mating

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $0.00
PayPal Fees: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Below Goal: $300.00