Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swiss Army Knights Banner

au Offline Echotech

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Swiss Army Knights Banner
Reply #2850 on: August 12, 2021, 12:18:07 PM
Welcome Zapd0s, compact is a great SAK :like:

us Offline TonySal

• join The American Legion Family - since 1919
Reply #2851 on: August 12, 2021, 10:11:49 PM
 :salute: and  :cheers: to all you noble, wonderful Knights!
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline Sos24

Reply #2852 on: August 12, 2021, 10:39:26 PM
Welcome all new Knights.

au Online Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #2853 on: August 13, 2021, 08:09:08 AM
Aris Sir Zapd0s

Welcome to the Holy Order of the Swiss Army Knights.

Thou hast a mighty useful sword with thee which I have been oft known to carry myself.

us Offline hsherzfeld

Reply #2854 on: August 31, 2021, 08:36:41 PM
I, hsherzfeld, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.
IMG_0323.jpg
* IMG_0323.jpg (Filesize: 246.8 KB)
Current SAKs: Explorer, SwissChamp, Handyman (modded), Climber, Super Tinker, Tinker, Woodsman (modded), Electrician, Pioneer, SwissTool, Executive, Ambassador, Champion Plus
Current Leatherman tools: PST, Original Wave, Wave, Wave+, Blast, Bond, Curl, Style PS, Micra

Boomer Sooner!

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #2855 on: September 02, 2021, 03:20:06 AM
I, BPRoberts, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

Pictures are my EDC Rambler, and my longest serving SAK, a Hiker. The Hiker went above and beyond today while disassembling a love seat, with the cap lifter serving as both a pry bar and a chisel.
saks.jpg
* saks.jpg (Filesize: 189.89 KB)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 03:25:29 AM by BPRoberts »

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #2856 on: September 02, 2021, 05:40:05 PM
Welcome to the order, all new Sir Knights!  :salute:

Yes, I know I've been slacking...  ;)
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

us Offline TonySal

Reply #2857 on: September 02, 2021, 05:40:45 PM
 :salute:    :cheers:    :tu:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

au Online Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #2858 on: September 12, 2021, 01:06:57 PM
Arise Sir BPRoberts and Sir hsherzfeld - We are delighted to welcome you to the Holy Order with your excelllent applications and fine daily companions

Apologies for the delay in your knighthoods - But we have been away in the crusades rooting out and combatting the dreaded Cnock-offs

us Offline TonySal

Reply #2859 on: September 13, 2021, 03:15:29 AM
Arise Sir BPRoberts and Sir hsherzfeld - We are delighted to welcome you to the Holy Order with your excelllent applications and fine daily companions

Apologies for the delay in your knighthoods - But we have been away in the crusades rooting out and combatting the dreaded Cnock-offs

:salute:  :cheers:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

nz Offline Storm

Reply #2860 on: September 13, 2021, 11:21:02 AM
Welcome new Knights :cheers:
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are "

us Offline Acuphys1

Reply #2861 on: September 13, 2021, 12:39:17 PM
Welcome new Knights, prepare for fun and adventure!   :cheers:

:SAKnight:     :climber:

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Use what you have to get what you want.

us Offline hsherzfeld

Reply #2862 on: September 14, 2021, 04:20:44 AM
Many thanks, good sirs! 'Tis an honor, to be sure! :climber:
Current SAKs: Explorer, SwissChamp, Handyman (modded), Climber, Super Tinker, Tinker, Woodsman (modded), Electrician, Pioneer, SwissTool, Executive, Ambassador, Champion Plus
Current Leatherman tools: PST, Original Wave, Wave, Wave+, Blast, Bond, Curl, Style PS, Micra

Boomer Sooner!

us Offline MrPink

Reply #2863 on: September 23, 2021, 04:03:45 AM
I don't practice EDC with my SAK's.  I'm EMC now (Every Minute Carry).  Legit.  Even in pajamas.  Only exceptions are in the shower and having this "system" next to me on the nightstand when sleeping.  Okay, you can point to snorkeling and airplanes if you wish, sheez, c'mon, stay with me.  But really.  Used to EDC more stuff (and still CC if departing the homestead) but have reduced to items I can have with me at all times.  Currently, and always, that means my right pocket has a Microstream flashlight and an SAK.  At the office, it's an Explorer model.  On the weekends, or when traveling, it's a yellow Evogrip S18.  At night, in the PJ's, it's a Tinker model. 

Why these models for my EMC?
The S18 seems, for me, the best all around tool set.  The small size let's me take it to most other places/countries in checked baggage, not all, when traveling and it has something for everything.  However, it's the locking blade that makes it superior to others.  Yeah, the scissors aren't quite as good as standard Vic scissors, but they work well enough.  And yes, the saw has actually come in handy.
The Explorer has such a great tool set for nearly any setting, but the lack of a locking blade means it's not the last to go if I gotta give 'em all away.  The S18 would stay to the end.  My Explorer has Gadsden Flag scales which is so choice...
The Tinker is only two layers but has the basics and will open a toy's battery compartment in the evening without pulling down my pajamas.

I own several others that occasionally, but for rarer purposes, substitute.  For example, I take a Hercules hiking at times.  I often have an SD Classic on the keychain and on some jackets as zipper pulls.  There are others I wish to have as well, and may, someday.  I love SAK's and even obtained a vanity ham radio station ID just to have "SAK" in my call sign.  I use "Swiss Army Knife" as my phonetic spelling even though it's not quite correct, but everybody accepts it without correction.  I cannot envision a day where I don't have one with me.  '

Oh!  Almost forgot:  I, Jay Barr, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

(Forgive me, brand new here so pic is an attachment as I couldn't quite figure out how to include it in the post after clicking the "insert image" button.  Tried pasting between the brackets, no go.)
My EDC which is EMC.jpg
* My EDC which is EMC.jpg (Filesize: 116.46 KB)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 04:22:06 AM by MrPink »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline MrPink

Reply #2864 on: September 23, 2021, 04:04:26 AM
I guess it worked.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

au Online Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #2865 on: September 24, 2021, 01:42:26 AM
Arise Sir Pink

Thou hast made the finest submission to join our ranks and thy armaments are of the highest order and well worthy of a Knight

We are hounoured to welcome you to the Holy Order of Swiss Army Knights and to commune with you amongst us.   
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 10:10:56 PM by Huntsman »

us Offline TonySal

Reply #2866 on: September 24, 2021, 02:22:37 AM
Many thanks, good sirs! 'Tis an honor, to be sure! :climber:
   :salute:  :cheers:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline TonySal

Reply #2867 on: September 24, 2021, 02:23:25 AM
Arise Sir Pink

Thou hast made the finest the finest submission to join our ranks and thy armaments are of the highest order and well worthy of a Knight

We are hounoured to welcome you to the Holy Order of Swiss Army Knights and to commune with you amongst us.
   :salute:   :tu:    :cheers:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline proletenstahl

Reply #2868 on: November 01, 2021, 12:36:50 PM
I, proletenstahl, being of mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

* saklineup-scaled.jpg (Filesize: 39.2 KB)

Offline Jakkobond

• New User
Reply #2869 on: November 01, 2021, 03:27:16 PM
Who wants to be a Swiss Army Knight?

Yes, you can post in this forum if you aren't a Knight, but if you get a banner (see the banner on the left) then everyone will know your dedication to the Swiss Army Knights!

How do you get one?  Simple- declare your dedication to the Swiss Army Knights by reciting The Oath and posting a photo of your EDC SAK.

I, _____your name here_____, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

If that oath looks familiar then you must be an old school SOSAK member!  :SAKnight:

Def

* CIMG0399.jpg (Filesize: 271.79 KB)

us Offline TonySal

Reply #2870 on: November 01, 2021, 09:38:54 PM
I, proletenstahl, being of mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.
   :salute:   :cheers:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

au Online Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #2871 on: November 01, 2021, 10:17:56 PM
Arise Sir Proletenstahl - Thou art most welcome to the Holy Order with thy fine selection of swords

au Online Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #2872 on: November 01, 2021, 10:25:12 PM
Hello Jakkobond,

Welcome to the Swiss Army Knights and MTo.

We don't have many rules here - However to receive the SAK banner, reciting the oath correctly and posting a picture (which is often forgotten!) is one of them.

Please can you recite the oath with your name.

Another rule we do have is that moderators cannot edit members posts - unless they break the content rules.
However, if you give me permission - I would be happy to update your post above to make the correct recital.   
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 03:15:07 PM by Huntsman »

Offline kjh1962

Reply #2873 on: November 02, 2021, 02:27:44 AM
I, kjh1962, being of worn mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

IMG_20211101_212037.jpg
* IMG_20211101_212037.jpg (Filesize: 138.51 KB)

cz Offline z1913

Reply #2874 on: November 11, 2021, 09:43:36 AM
I, z1913, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

Attached one of my usual combination - Rambler on keys, alox Bantam (with added leather pouch to overcome the bitterly missing key ring) in the 5th pocket.
The other combination is very similar - alox Minichamp on keys, Waiter in the 5th pocket.

* IMG_6514.jpg (Filesize: 111.54 KB)

us Offline Farmer X

• Master of the unexciting
Reply #2875 on: November 12, 2021, 05:54:20 AM
Time for me to take the oath...

I, Farmer X (real name: Dan A.), being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

I had to give some thought as to what to include in the photo. Should it be my current carrier? The one with the most carry time? Every one I've carried and still own? After a discussion with Def, I decided to show one in every size I've carried. From top to bottom: Wounded Warrior Project Classic SD, Knife Center Alox Bantam, Super Tinker (semi-retired from carry after going everywhere with me for over 12 years), and Farmer X (my current carrier; it was also my carrier when I joined this board, thus my user name).

USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #2876 on: November 12, 2021, 07:33:50 AM

Nice SAK! KM knives are fairly uncommon :tu:
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

00 Offline NeleDo

Reply #2877 on: November 16, 2021, 07:32:55 PM
Welcome all new Knights!  :salute: :cheers:

us Offline TonySal

Reply #2878 on: November 16, 2021, 10:56:25 PM
Welcome all new Knights!  :salute: :cheers:
    :salute:   :cheers:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

it Offline Andrew

Reply #2879 on: November 20, 2021, 11:19:33 AM
I, Andrew, being of relatively sound mind and body, hereby entreat the powers that be to consider me for membership in good standing in the Swiss Army Knights and promise to place no knife before my trusty Swiss Army till rust do us part.

Here are my SAKs for now: a Swiss Champ, an old First Victorinox Plus with nylon scales and a Wenger Junior S11 Scouts

* sak re.jpg (Filesize: 85.67 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD