Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Coleman Collection?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Coleman Collection?
Reply #30 on: June 03, 2018, 03:45:37 AM
Nice stove Pacu!  I haven't seen one in that color!

I have used my WhisperLite a few times now and I really like it but I haven't tried it with different fuels yet. So far I've been content to use it with Coleman fuel/white gas/naptha as that's what I have for other stoves.  I love it but I really wish the hose was longer- I'm super paranoid about having the fuel bottle that close to the flame!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: June 04, 2018, 03:36:56 AM
Nice stove Pacu!  I haven't seen one in that color!

I have used my WhisperLite a few times now and I really like it but I haven't tried it with different fuels yet. So far I've been content to use it with Coleman fuel/white gas/naptha as that's what I have for other stoves.  I love it but I really wish the hose was longer- I'm super paranoid about having the fuel bottle that close to the flame!

Def

Just make an Aluminium Wind Screen for it if you're worried about the bottle getting hot. I had a motorcycle pannier literally on fire with my whisperlite fuel bottle in and it thankfully didn't go. You can basically boil water in a plastic bottle on a fire, can't you, before the plastic melts?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #32 on: June 04, 2018, 03:44:39 PM
Thankfully it is a steel bottle, not plastic.  It's one of these:

https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5043-881/Fuel-Bottle-1L

The metal makes it less likely to catch fire, but I still get paranoid, and apparent;y I am not the only one.  If you Google the WhisperLite it is perhaps the number one complaint about the product- everyone is paranoid about it, which makes me feel a little better, especially since it hasn't actually seemed to happen to anyone.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%