Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My dog badger

chip · 72 · 1984

ca Online Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: My dog badger
Reply #60 on: November 13, 2021, 08:21:18 PM
Sorry to hear this man.  I have been there, and it was absolutely devastating.

If you want to talk, we are all here for you.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #61 on: November 13, 2021, 10:01:31 PM
Thanks, I have been here before. Badger came to me a couple of weeks after going through this with my previous dog tiger. I have been blessed with some wonderful dogs in my life and have loved them all dearly. Give your pets an extra fuss from me.

Thank you all for your kind words, especially as I have not been around much lately.
It’s greatly appreciated.
My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #62 on: November 14, 2021, 12:02:52 AM
I just went for a late night walk without my dog and I had to turn around and come home. Because it felt weird going for a walk alone, and it made me feel very sad thinking about it was only last night I was doing the same walk with my badger.

I don’t know if I have said this before, but I live alone and have not worked for a few years due to depression after being a full time carer for a friend who eventually passed from cancer. So not only was badger great company for me but he was the reason I left the house most days for a walk.
Also Most evenings weather permitting I would make a cup of tea and sit in the garden with my headphones on for twenty minutes while he had a good sniff and bedtime wee before we went to bed.

I had a good friend who lived locally who was always up to well into the night who was more than happy for me to knock if her light was on and come in for a cup of tea and a chat in the early hours of the morning, she also kept dog treats for badger so he was always pleased to see her, but she passed earlier in the year.

So I am feeling a little lost right now.

My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #63 on: November 14, 2021, 02:04:47 PM
The loss of a good friend, regardless of how many legs they have is not easy as you know.  The actual event, in my opinion, is extremely hard, but it isn't the hardest part.  The most difficult part comes afterwards, when you do things like going for a walk that you don't normally do alone, step over someone who isn't there anymore, find a toy, trinket or even a fluff of hair that unexpectedly hits you in the gut just when you thought you were doing better.

There is absolutely nothing anyone can say or do that will help at this point, and the only thing I have learned from my experiences, is that while things will never be the same, they can, in time, be good again.

I'm surrender on vacation without Megan's dog here, and I am very much missing having to take him out before bed every night.  And, he's not even "my" dog.

Since my Daisy passed away two years ago I have been without a dog of my own for the first time in over 20 years, and I have to say, it's been hard.

I keep looking at the local shelters pages on FB for a new buddy, and there have been more than a few that I have strongly considered, but with me spending 12 hours a day at work lately, five days a week, another dog just isn't in the cards for me.

Hang in there man- we are here for you, and when you are ready (only you can decide when that is) you should start looking for a new friend.  You'll never forget the ones that are gone, but, as they say, there is no therapy better than a puppy licking your face.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #64 on: November 14, 2021, 03:11:15 PM
Thank you def, sorry to hear about daisy.
I know what you mean about stepping over a friend who is not there. When I put my feet down from the recliner to stand up i keep looking down first to make sure I don’t step on badger, then realise he’s not there.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #65 on: November 15, 2021, 01:57:08 PM
Well said Grant   :tu:

I lost my Rosie this spring and decided not to wait too long this time to get another buddy. I still miss Rosie but my new pup Cassie has eased the pain and is a joy.

Like Grant said when you are ready ...

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #66 on: November 15, 2021, 05:55:49 PM
Hi Steve, sorry for your loss and hope Cassie and you have many happy years together. The longest I have been without a dog before now is 2 weeks, and I agree that while you can never replace a dog you soon grow to love your new friend just as much as the one you have lost.

I would have another dog tomorrow but I have to think also of my cat and be sure that taking in a new dog does not negatively effect her. She is missing her friend too. And as well as looking around for him she is constantly seeking my attention since he passed. Her being settled and happy again is my priority right now.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #67 on: November 16, 2021, 12:26:39 AM
One day at a time Chip. I agree with what Def said. I have had pets for most of my life. I was absolutely gutted when I lost both of my cats. I have been tempted to get another, but angrily remember how every vet in town turned me down seeking medical help for my last girl because they would not accept new clients. I could not in good conscience get a pet I wouldn't be able to care for medically if needed. With that said, I still have my partner's cat to sooth any pains I have...but realise that she is also getting old. My partner will not be getting another either for the same reasons I cannot take up another family member.

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #68 on: November 16, 2021, 01:34:28 AM
That’s terrible Chako that you could not find a vet able to treat your cats. I have known my vet for 16 years since she first took over the practice. I think a good vet is like a good mechanic, once you find one you trust stick with them.

I hope one day you are in a position to give a home to another.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #69 on: November 16, 2021, 02:44:19 AM
One day at a time Chip. I agree with what Def said. I have had pets for most of my life. I was absolutely gutted when I lost both of my cats. I have been tempted to get another, but angrily remember how every vet in town turned me down seeking medical help for my last girl because they would not accept new clients. I could not in good conscience get a pet I wouldn't be able to care for medically if needed. With that said, I still have my partner's cat to sooth any pains I have...but realise that she is also getting old. My partner will not be getting another either for the same reasons I cannot take up another family member.

There is only one thing worse than losing your best friend,  and that's the thought of so many in shelters never having the chance to have a best friend.

Def

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #70 on: November 16, 2021, 11:18:09 AM
I completely agree. Just in the Sault, no Vets are taking in new patients. Odd thing that, seeing as there are more veterinary practices here then there ever was, and this was not an issue in the past.  :dunno:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline Fireman

• No Life Club
  • Truck Monkey
Reply #71 on: November 18, 2021, 12:09:40 PM
Give your pets an extra fuss from me.

Will do, and very sorry about Badger.  Dogs are the best, but they live too short a time.  Maybe that's so we know how lucky we are to have the time we have with them.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%