Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

Juice Club 67446

Sr. Member Posts: 423
Re: Juice Club
« Reply #720 on: March 11, 2017, 05:33:00 AM »
20170309_151027 by Poncho 65, on Flickr

20170309_151008 by Poncho 65, on Flickr

:like: :like: :like:

I didn't know about this color...I had only seen the solar yellow KF4.   

:cheers: :cheers:
Wielder of the Bow of Banishment. Admin Team Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 28,595 El Presidente del Fan Club Micky D
« Reply #721 on: March 12, 2017, 02:26:52 AM »
Very nice Poncho. :tu:

Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 25,708
« Reply #722 on: March 12, 2017, 05:25:59 AM »
I have a Solar yellow as well :cheers: I am a fan of grey more than most colors and I was lucky to get this one NIB several years ago :dd: Besides the Juice Pro the Kf4 is the only of the Juice series I own and if you replace the serrated blade with scissors I would carry this one a lot more :tu: Still an awesome MT for how compact it is :like:

« Reply #723 on: March 12, 2017, 05:26:15 AM »

« Reply #724 on: March 12, 2017, 07:59:05 PM »
I have a Solar yellow as well :cheers: I am a fan of grey more than most colors and I was lucky to get this one NIB several years ago :dd: Besides the Juice Pro the Kf4 is the only of the Juice series I own and if you replace the serrated blade with scissors I would carry this one a lot more :tu: Still an awesome MT for how compact it is :like:

My first Juice purchase was the Original Orange Juice S2 after watching the Nutnfancy YouTube video.  I was definitely intrigued by the combination of scissors, blade, pliers and drivers (even got the multi-bit slip-on adapter).  Multiple purchases later, I discovered that the Victorinox scissors were superior when the CS4 I was using couldn't make progress in opening a plastic mailer that was covered in excessive packing tape.  I reached for my Explorer and easily cut through the tape & mailer.  Not willing to accept the obvious conclusion, I tried to cut other parts of the mailer/tape target using multiple Juice models (XE6, Pro, 5 of my S2s) but was unsuccessful.  I grabbed three different SAKs and each got the job done easily.  My point?  Keep your KF4 and use a SAK for scissors tasks.

BTW, I don't accept defeat easily and spent time sharpening the CS4 scissors to the point where it was making better progress cutting the difficult target package.  I stopped (temporarily) since I did not want to reprofile the CS4 scissors.  I might continue on the redesigned (new style) S2 (my least favorite S2).

During the process described above, I gained a whole new respect for SAK scissors.

:climber:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 08:00:25 PM by NorCalJim »
« Reply #725 on: March 13, 2017, 03:31:57 AM »
SAK scissors are definitely awesome but it is great if I can just carry 1 thing sometimes (like on weekends where I want to go lighter) never normally happens though :whistle: but  I am all over a good SAK and MT combo :tu:

« Reply #726 on: March 13, 2017, 05:48:35 AM »
SAK scissors are definitely awesome but it is great if I can just carry 1 thing sometimes (like on weekends where I want to go lighter) never normally happens though :whistle: but  I am all over a good SAK and MT combo :tu:

I have to admit that my fail example is a bit unusual and I haven't encountered another ordinary task that the Juice scissors couldn't handle.  Now if I had encountered this problem earlier, I would not have purchased so many Juice models.  On the plus side, my fail example led to a Victorinox EDC.  :)
« Reply #727 on: March 13, 2017, 05:56:33 AM »

I have to admit that my fail example is a bit unusual and I haven't encountered another ordinary task that the Juice scissors couldn't handle.  Now if I had encountered this problem earlier, I would not have purchased so many Juice models.  On the plus side, my fail example led to a Victorinox EDC.  :)

I carried a Vic Executive for years just for the add of the scissors (I like the size of that range better than the 58mm) :cheers: I carry the larger Vic Ranger now as I love the tool layout of it so well :tu: Vic makes some very good stuff and I always am glad to have one with me and my LM :D

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 16,107

Zed gb

« Reply #728 on: March 19, 2017, 09:53:43 AM »
Great pics guys,after having 4 juices ,starting with a kf4 great tool but like scissors, stupidly traded it  :-\ then got a s2 actually liked it's size but lacked a few tools,then got a xe6 cool but big and heavy,so now I've ended up with a cs4, like it other than the CS that I don't use, wish I still had my kf4 but you live and learn ,juices are a bit like Sak's there's plenty of models but usually a tool you don't need but no MT or sak is perfect  :tu:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 09:54:53 AM by Zed »
« Reply #729 on: March 23, 2017, 09:38:44 PM »
Great pics guys,after having 4 juices ,starting with a kf4 great tool but like scissors, stupidly traded it  :-\ then got a s2 actually liked it's size but lacked a few tools,then got a xe6 cool but big and heavy,so now I've ended up with a cs4, like it other than the CS that I don't use, wish I still had my kf4 but you live and learn ,juices are a bit like Sak's there's plenty of models but usually a tool you don't need but no MT or sak is perfect  :tu:

Yes, no MT or SAK is perfect but I find that I really don't need perfect.  Like Tim the Tool Man Taylor, I like more power!  After seeing a video challenging the durability of the Surge, I started to look around for the best deal.  Coming to my senses, I realized that bigger is not always a better fit.  My Charge Al & TTI are perfect MTs for my needs.  My strange obsession with the Juice models has resulted in easy availability of several very useful tools.  I don't need them to be perfect.  I just need them to handle some ordinary tasks  For example, I decided to get a Zippo lighter and a butane insert to seal paracord (I'm a non-smoker).  The flame was way too big and needed adjustment.  I hadn't gotten around to putting a small screw driver in the corkscrew so I reached for a Juice to use its small flat head screw driver--it worked perfectly!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 10:53:18 PM by NorCalJim »
Hero Member Posts: 985 Born to multitask.
« Reply #730 on: March 24, 2017, 06:50:18 AM »
Well, I know this is getting ridiculous, but there is a Juice in the pic.  ::) I'll take more of each tool, but it'll have to do for now.

« Reply #731 on: March 25, 2017, 03:40:30 AM »
Some nice LM there RP :o :like: :like:

« Reply #732 on: March 25, 2017, 04:10:01 AM »
 :cheers:

And the Schrade isn't too bad either.
« Reply #733 on: March 25, 2017, 05:49:03 AM »
Really pleased with the Juice I got. It cleaned up nicely, and the snap is great.

One thing I am not too sure about are the flatheads. They seem to be difficult to pull out at times, and boy they are sharp. One drew blood.  :think:
« Reply #734 on: March 25, 2017, 02:53:25 PM »
:cheers:

And the Schrade isn't too bad either.

Yeah you are right the Tough Tool is mighty fine as well :D :like: :like:

« Reply #735 on: March 25, 2017, 02:54:27 PM »
Really pleased with the Juice I got. It cleaned up nicely, and the snap is great.

One thing I am not too sure about are the flatheads. They seem to be difficult to pull out at times, and boy they are sharp. One drew blood.  :think:

I have heard that from several people about the flat head drivers :o Bloodthirsty little devil from what I hear as well :D

Newbie Posts: 41
« Reply #736 on: March 25, 2017, 04:37:50 PM »
Today my little girl wanted to drive her bike. I was wearing trousers and didn't want something bulky  on my pockets so I took the Juice S2. I realized that she was ready to change her training wheels to a higher position. Juices are so good for specific situations. Their compact size seems to cause a misunderstanding of their capabilities. Of course they are not for some tough uses where a large MT could be proper but, thy are  so handy and stronger than they look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Reply #737 on: March 26, 2017, 04:42:22 AM »
« Reply #738 on: March 26, 2017, 04:47:28 AM »
The philips is squared!  :salute:

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $95.00
PayPal Fees: $5.38
Net Balance: $89.62
Below Goal: $185.38
Site Currency: USD
33% 
March Donations

Community Links