Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Year's Resolutions- 2011

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
on: December 31, 2010, 04:36:45 PM
This year I have decided to make a change to a lifelong bad habit I have had.  I have been drinking Coke or Pepsi almost constantly for as long as I can remember.  I don't drink coffee, I don't drink milk, and i have Coke or Pepsi (whatever is available, I don't really care which) with almost every meal and whenever I am thirsty.

I won't cut it out completely as it is still far too convenient a drink, and I rarely cut anything out of my life completely, but I think a couple of liters a day is excessive, and I've felt this way for a while.  I also suffer from a fair bit of gastronomic issues that I believe is not helped by drinking that much soda pop.  So, this year I resolve to drop my consumption of sugary sweet drinks to a bare minimum.  This goes for all of them- Coke, Pepsi, Sprite, Ginger Ale, root beer etc.

I've actually been doing this for a week or two now, and I have pretty well replaced my soda pop addiction with Perrier,  drink many people can't stand but I have always liked.  For those not familiar with it, it's just plain old water that has been carbonated, and I like the carbonation.  But, it has no fat, no calories, no sugar, no chemicals and no caffeine.  It is somewhat more expensive than the others, but sometimes you have to ask what's more important, your health or your wallet?

I'm also resolving to work out more this year and I've lost ten pounds already since the beginning of December, so I think I've got a good start.  We'll see whether I keep it up or not!  :D

Anyone else making any resolutions this year?  Maybe we can all work together to help ourselves keep them!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Millhouse

• No Life Club
  • This isn't me, but I'm just as dysfunctional
Re: New Year's Resolutions- 2011
Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 04:53:13 PM
I'm not going to buy any multi tools or flashlights in 2011.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 04:57:19 PM by Millhouse »
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 05:16:45 PM
I'm not sure that's a resolution I, or anyone else here can help you keep...  :pok:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline rlocock

Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 05:17:37 PM
My New Year's Resolution for 2011 is not to make any,as I never keep to them anyway.

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
  • When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.
Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 05:28:02 PM
I have never liked the taste of carbonated water. But I barely drink any carbonated drinks, mostly water and fruit juices...
And I agree that it's much better than all of the sugar and caffeine they put in coke.
Good luck with losing weight and staying in shape!  :tu:
Chuck Norris' preferred iron supplement is rebar.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 05:32:21 PM
Having just had a filling yesterday I'm resolved to keep better care of my teeth. :-\
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 05:33:55 PM
I stopped making new year’s resolution many years ago since I don’t really believe in the “new year – fresh start” that so many of my friends are chanting about on facebook and why should the beginning of a new year have any impact on promises and decisions we make to ourselves?

But enough of me being so negative :P Good luck with your resolutions guys!
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 05:37:04 PM
I drink about a can or two of soda a day, so I don't generally feel it's "a lot" I think it's the couple beers that follow that seem to be the issue  :P :drink:
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 06:16:17 PM
To do a better job of avoiding women with mental issues ::)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 06:31:40 PM
To do a better job of avoiding women with mental issues ::)

Same as last year's then eh? :pok: :D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 06:41:47 PM
And the year before, and the year before that....

Def

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 07:14:57 PM
The wife and I are going to just try and live a more healthy lifestyle. No huge changes at the start but slowly try to work them in.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

gb Offline ryan1835

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • buh
Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 08:16:06 PM
go gym more eat less smurf be more open save more money and where my retainer more
I

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 08:45:48 PM
Make it to next year :D

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 08:58:15 PM
eat less smurf
but what will we do about the overpopulation of smurfs?
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Reply #15 on: December 31, 2010, 09:01:05 PM
I'm not going to buy any multi tools or flashlights in 2011.
  :ahhh :ahhh  :ahhh  :ahhh  :ahhh  :ahhh  :ahhh

No new knives or multi-tools makes Homer mad!

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #16 on: December 31, 2010, 09:19:39 PM
I'm going to workout more.  Get bigger, faster, and stronger.  This year I am going to do my first century ride, if I have enough time  to train for it.  And last but not least, I've become too timid, I need to be meaner. >:D

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #17 on: December 31, 2010, 09:57:14 PM
I'm going to try my best to make it to 2012 :D

I don't do new year's resolutions :)
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

us Offline Swiss Man

• No Life Club
  • WIFE APPROVED
Reply #18 on: January 01, 2011, 12:09:40 AM
This year I have decided to make a change to a lifelong bad habit I have had. I have been drinking Coke or Pepsi almost constantly for as long as I can remember.  I don't drink coffee, I don't drink milk, and i have Coke or Pepsi (whatever is available, I don't really care which) with almost every meal and whenever I am thirsty.

We are brothers of a different mother, I do the exact same thing but mine is Diet (the sugar drives me nuts) :ahhh

I won't cut it out completely as it is still far too convenient a drink, and I rarely cut anything out of my life completely, but I think a couple of liters a day is excessive, and I've felt this way for a while.  I also suffer from a fair bit of gastronomic issues that I believe is not helped by drinking that much soda pop.  So, this year I resolve to drop my consumption of sugary sweet drinks to a bare minimum.  This goes for all of them- Coke, Pepsi, Sprite, Ginger Ale, root beer etc.

I've actually been doing this for a week or two now, and I have pretty well replaced my soda pop addiction with Perrier,  drink many people can't stand but I have always liked.  For those not familiar with it, it's just plain old water that has been carbonated, and I like the carbonation.  But, it has no fat, no calories, no sugar, no chemicals and no caffeine.  It is somewhat more expensive than the others, but sometimes you have to ask what's more important, your health or your wallet?

I'm also resolving to work out more this year and I've lost ten pounds already since the beginning of December, so I think I've got a good start.  We'll see whether I keep it up or not!  :D

Anyone else making any resolutions this year?  Maybe we can all work together to help ourselves keep them!

Def

Next week I have a CDL physical for my work and I just took my blood pressure last night I believe it was 170 over 80  :twak:

Since I have been going back to the gym I went from 296 to 276, my heart rate is down and I feel and sleep better so I figured that my blood pressure would follow suit.

WRONG, so between now and my doctor visit I gave my wife permission to pick out my meals when we go out and she has limited me to ONE pop per day (diet) and not a 32oz or bigger. :pok:  Seems that even though it is Diet it is LOADED with sodium and caffeine.
So my resolution is to take better care of my heart, I think that is one I could live with. :tu:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 12:17:19 AM
Not being dead of a heart attack seems like a good resolution Aaron- and I plan to hold you to that one!

Def

us Offline Swiss Man

• No Life Club
  • WIFE APPROVED
Reply #20 on: January 01, 2011, 12:27:27 AM
Not being dead of a heart attack seems like a good resolution Aaron- and I plan to hold you to that one!

Def

I appreciate the help and I am sure the wife does also, even though she has A LOT of life insurance on me. :cheers:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #21 on: January 01, 2011, 12:38:58 AM
Yes, I am also in the "Worth More Dead Than Alive Club" but I doubt what she'd get for turning in my head would be enough to pay for a full time chauffeaur, cook, maintenance guy, mechanic etc!  :P

Def

us Offline EZ822

Reply #22 on: January 01, 2011, 01:03:04 AM
Well this isn't a resolution but more of a goal. I want to get off diabetes medication. I already started working on this since September and so far so good. I've been eating healthier and working out 4 days a week(sometimes 5) for 90 minutes each session . The doctor told me my long term blood glucose levels have lowered significantly and at this rate I may be off the meds by March.  :drink:
Erick

us Offline Swiss Man

• No Life Club
  • WIFE APPROVED
Reply #23 on: January 01, 2011, 01:18:34 AM
Well this isn't a resolution but more of a goal. I want to get off diabetes medication. I already started working on this since September and so far so good. I've been eating healthier and working out 4 days a week(sometimes 5) for 90 minutes each session . The doctor told me my long term blood glucose levels have lowered significantly and at this rate I may be off the meds by March.  :drink:

That is an awesome goal to have, :tu: great job on the current accomplishments. Can't wait to hear the good news this March. :cheers: 

gb Offline ryan1835

• buh
Reply #24 on: January 03, 2011, 08:55:13 PM
the beginning of my "health kick" starts tomorrow, i bought new lights for my bike so i can cycle to work again not looking forward to getting up earlier but i know for a fact it get s me more awake for work.

cat eye lights have a god bike connection on them :)
I

us Offline Swiss Man

• No Life Club
  • WIFE APPROVED
Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 01:53:09 AM
Here is an update since 31 Dec.

I have had (thanks to the wife the food Nazi) one 16oz glass of Root Beer.

While at work I drink water and been even reading and thinking about what to eat at fast food places.

I have cut out salt as much as I can (it is everywhere).  And tonight (at the gym) I took my blood pressure and it was 158 over 80.  down 12 points, still not great but at least it is going in the right direction.

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 06:49:00 AM
Sort of an early resolution, but I actually cut out sugary soft drinks (and most soft drinks altogether) since the end of October.  I've already lost 8 pounds.

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 09:04:02 AM

Buy only "one" knife this year.

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 01:04:19 PM
All this CRAZY talk of not buying MT's , knives or torches  ??? ??? ???. Am I in the right place  :think: :P :D :D.

Def if you stay of the soft drink/soda pop mate your weight will FLY off , that stuff is liquified ,concentrated sugar with caffeine on top. Have you noticed the caffeine withdrawals  :think:. I like the occasional Vanilla Coke but coffee is my major vise.

Me I desperately need loose weight I have been running at 100-105kg for the last couple of years , would love to get too 90kg. I gotta do it this year  :rant: :rant:.   

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #29 on: January 04, 2011, 03:03:46 PM
I'm on tablets for high blood pressure so I'm going to take better care of myself this year . I eat way too much chocolate , drink far too much ( Rum , Beer and wine ) and I dont exercise enough .I'm doing ok so far .

Dunc

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $160.46
PayPal Fees: $9.45
Net Balance: $151.01
Below Goal: $148.99
Site Currency: USD