Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

UK Legal Carry Thread! 96690

Jr. Member Posts: 53
Re: UK Legal Carry Thread!
« Reply #690 on: October 23, 2018, 11:02:29 PM »

That's essentially correct. The non-locking blade under three inches is the definition of a knife that can be carried as a general pocket knife. If you have a specific and genuine reason for "more" or for a fixed blade, you're perfectly entitled too, which is the point often overlooked in internet discussion. If you need a billhook for hedging, machete for clearing a vacant lot, fixed blade for fishing or food prep while camping, then go for it. Just be sure that you can justify the reason for carrying more than that sub-3" slippie.

Another example: As I have some health issues which affect my coordination and other motor skills, I would probably be able to put the case forward for having a locking blade over a slipjoint knife, but wouldn't have a cause for carrying longer than a 3" blade. Having submitted this reason, the onus would then be on the police to disprove this, or to prove that I was carrying it with nefarious intent, or was for example using it in an intentionally threatening manner, or making threats to harm someone with it.

The short version, is that you can carry whatever you need, but if you don't have a specific need, the law protects your right to carry a reasonable pocket knife everywhere which doesn't have specific "no blade" restrictions.

Almost completely correct, however only a judge can decide guilt and or intent  :tu:

Not quite :D

Magistrates (2 or 3)  or a district judge but only if you hit a a magistrates’ court  might pass judgement

but if you go to a crown court the judge is there to define points of law, direct the jury and pass sentence

The Jury decides guilt

« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 11:06:16 PM by SAKPal »
Newbie Posts: 26
Re: UK Legal Carry Thread!
« Reply #691 on: February 25, 2019, 09:31:22 PM »
Boom.. And I'm back with my new favorite UK legal pocket knife.... The Bestech Junzi  :climber:

(with companion Huntsman)

[]

« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 09:34:58 PM by Moose »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $110.00
PayPal Fees: $7.87
Net Balance: $102.13