Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Should I? Or shouldn't I? weird mt at ALDI

au Offline munecito

Should I? Or shouldn't I? weird mt at ALDI
on: September 02, 2021, 02:06:00 AM
They are bringing them back this year.

They are being sold for much more money elsewhere under different brands. More commonly "gentleman's hardware"

Three multitools that may or may not be of acceptable quality. The box is kind of cool though

At $17 each. Should I? It shouldn't I?

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/special-buys-sat-4-september/saturday-detail-wk35/ps/p/mens-tool-gift-box/

Does anyone own these? Reviews? If you go by the ones online they are better than LM and SAK combined  :rofl:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Re: Should I? Or shouldn't I? weird mt at ALDI
Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 11:31:19 AM
They are bringing them back this year.

They are being sold for much more money elsewhere under different brands. More commonly "gentleman's hardware"

Three multitools that may or may not be of acceptable quality. The box is kind of cool though

At $17 each. Should I? It shouldn't I?

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/special-buys-sat-4-september/saturday-detail-wk35/ps/p/mens-tool-gift-box/

Does anyone own these? Reviews? If you go by the ones online they are better than LM and SAK combined  :rofl:

Never saw these, but I have an Aldi close by. Dude, you're gonna make me go there!

:facepalm:

I like them, except the hammer one. Don't look to bad, for a tool you can have in a toolbox as a spare or to lend to someone else. Thanks for sharing.

:cheers: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

au Offline munecito

Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 03:17:11 PM
Never saw these, but I have an Aldi close by. Dude, you're gonna make me go there!

:facepalm:

I like them, except the hammer one. Don't look to bad, for a tool you can have in a toolbox as a spare or to lend to someone else. Thanks for sharing.

:cheers: :tu:

I'm still undecided.

I tried to pay this in the Facebook group but it got deleted. I don't know why as I am not selling anything.

Just to be sure. That is ALDI Australia. I'm not responsible for people in other countries running to ALDI. :whistle:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 03:30:17 PM
We shop Aldi biweekly, but mostly for the food, we belong to a group that spills the beans on what’s good or not and most thing are good, one item went upperclass and did a taste test against the real item that it was suppose to be, and they ruled it was better, now as far as not food but other thing, sometime you can get lucky, I mean we candles LOADS, of them, and they have them in good scents cheap, yeah the last like 10% sucks flickers and kinda burns out so that parts a waist, but for as cheap as they are they are worth it, I picked up a stainless steel cup, not bad, so it’s a toss, not a bad store..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

au Offline munecito

Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 12:50:54 AM
We shop Aldi biweekly, but mostly for the food, we belong to a group that spills the beans on what’s good or not and most thing are good, one item went upperclass and did a taste test against the real item that it was suppose to be, and they ruled it was better, now as far as not food but other thing, sometime you can get lucky, I mean we candles LOADS, of them, and they have them in good scents cheap, yeah the last like 10% sucks flickers and kinda burns out so that parts a waist, but for as cheap as they are they are worth it, I picked up a stainless steel cup, not bad, so it’s a toss, not a bad store..
JR

Don't get me wrong. I used to do catalogues for ALDI and got to see everything they have on sale 8 weeks in advance.

You should see how much ALDI stuff we have at home. They also do 60 days money back so I may pick them up and report back.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.

au Offline munecito

Reply #6 on: September 03, 2021, 10:01:53 AM
Talk about serendipity. :like:

Ha. I was coming to say that.

He may have seen this post and decided to do his review. :think: :think: :think: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: September 03, 2021, 11:35:13 AM
I've seen a muti from the same company. Not much info online, not great enthusiasm from MToers, either.

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,87676.0.html

:think: :think:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #8 on: September 03, 2021, 12:44:30 PM
I have this one that is somewhat similar. Actually a nice sturdy multi-tool.

20210903_062443A by Chako, on Flickr

20210903_062537A by Chako, on Flickr
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: September 03, 2021, 01:48:53 PM
I have this one that is somewhat similar. Actually a nice sturdy multi-tool.

20210903_062443A by Chako, on Flickr

20210903_062537A by Chako, on Flickr

I see lots of differences. How is it for tool precision and quality? How's the edge on the cutting tools?

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #10 on: September 03, 2021, 02:00:52 PM
 It is not  the same tool...which is why I said somewhat similar. Actually, this one is not that bad. It is big and heavy. There is a lot of steel here. I posted this because it looked a little similar to one of the tools mentioned. This tool appears to be a lot better built and designed compared to the other similar looking multi-tool in that video review.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: September 03, 2021, 05:32:18 PM
It is not  the same tool...which is why I said somewhat similar. Actually, this one is not that bad. It is big and heavy. There is a lot of steel here. I posted this because it looked a little similar to one of the tools mentioned. This tool appears to be a lot better built and designed compared to the other similar looking multi-tool in that video review.

Yup, the bit storage orientation is different, the tools, too. It looks sturdier.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

au Offline munecito

Reply #12 on: September 06, 2021, 12:49:52 AM
I went past ALDI. Saw them.

They are not great. Didn't buy any.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30