Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

ST 300 owners club

RaptorMan · 2309 · 164080

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Re: ST 300 owners club
Reply #240 on: January 04, 2010, 04:28:19 AM
I EDC it every day.  Just this afternoon I opened up two battery panels on a USS Enterprise toy one of my cousins got for Christmas with eht Phillips :tu:
[

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #241 on: January 04, 2010, 04:29:49 AM
I've got a stainless one coming next week. I'll give it a try on EDC duty and let you all know how it goes. :)

I still have yet to get a BO 1 :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :D

I EDC it every day.  Just this afternoon I opened up two battery panels on a USS Enterprise toy one of my cousins got for Christmas with eht Phillips :tu:

Mine had plenty of chances at Christmas for stuff like that as well :D

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #242 on: January 04, 2010, 04:32:25 AM
Just this afternoon I opened up two battery panels on a the USS Enterprise toy one of my cousins got for Christmas with the Phillips :tu:

... would have been so much cooler :D
I used to come here a lot.

gb Offline ryan1835

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • buh
Reply #243 on: January 27, 2010, 07:33:09 PM
does the st300 have a hard wire cutter underneath the plier head or is it a crimper?
I

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #244 on: January 27, 2010, 10:55:05 PM
does the st300 have a hard wire cutter underneath the plier head or is it a crimper?

It has both!
[

gb Offline ryan1835

• buh
Reply #245 on: January 27, 2010, 11:21:05 PM

It has both!
:o

I

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #246 on: January 28, 2010, 01:44:19 AM
I understand Ryan!

Under the pliers, at the top of the handles is a crimper - the hard wire cutters that Anthony refers to are between the plier jaws. They are part of the replaceable 154CM cutters in fact :)

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #247 on: January 28, 2010, 03:05:02 AM
I was thinking of the stranded wite cutter beneath the plier head (and just above the crimper).
[

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #248 on: January 28, 2010, 03:07:07 AM
Oooooh sorry - I'm with you now :tu:

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #249 on: January 28, 2010, 03:24:48 AM
The 300 has tons of cutting capability so they are easy to mix up names and locations :D
[

00 Offline jim guy

• No Life Club
Reply #250 on: January 30, 2010, 10:55:49 PM
man this really sucks, I was checking my tools and I have traded all my st300s off! any one have any spares? :gimme:

us Offline Swiss Man

• No Life Club
  • WIFE APPROVED
Reply #251 on: January 31, 2010, 05:45:54 AM
Waited a week to post in this thread.   

Last Saturday I took the plunge and got a ST300 from GG in a trade.

After carrying and using it for a week I can safely say I LOVE THIS THING

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,16876.0.html.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #252 on: January 31, 2010, 06:20:42 AM
I wish LM would release a black oxide version with the standard plier head instead of the crimper head...I'm putting wear and tear on my stainless version that I want to put on a black version :D

Those designs with the crimper in the jaws never appealed to me; I think it's a weak spot in the worst place it could be put.  And I'f I'm using my MT to wire something up, it will most likely be a quick fix until I can get to somewhere safe to do the job over and do it cleaner, so I probably won't be crimping anything.
[

us Offline Viking

• J-sews Fan Club-- Member #0001
Reply #253 on: February 12, 2010, 10:45:08 PM
Got my ST 300 today.

First impressions are that I'm very impressed.  Looks like a great worker.

I just love Leatherman's philips drivers.  The ST300's phillips has quite the reach.

I like the notches in the side that allow you to easily open the two knives.  This will work great in the winter when I'm wearing gloves.

Pics to come.
 :D

us Offline Viking

Reply #254 on: February 14, 2010, 10:25:59 PM
Here's some pics:

Loving this tool so far.  May need to order a B.O. version too.

gb Offline ryan1835

• buh
Reply #255 on: February 14, 2010, 11:46:46 PM
i really want one :(

going to wait for my birthday i think though, when i bought my charge i tried to choose between this and the alx i figure i can get both now though =D
I

Offline Greg

Reply #256 on: February 15, 2010, 09:39:38 AM
BO SUPERTOOL 300 - got it!

I generally like it, however there are some quality issues:

1) Locking mechanism was slightly imperfect (the plate that is pushed in to release the opened tool had huge amount of play, I managed to fix it by levering up the tiny uhm edging(?) that supposed to put pressure on the "releasing plate")

2)BO ST 300 makes my hands dirty

3) It is so toooo tight
"

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #257 on: February 15, 2010, 12:47:32 PM
i really want one :(

going to wait for my birthday i think though, when i bought my charge i tried to choose between this and the alx i figure i can get both now though =D

its still a toss up between a BO st300 and the TTI for my 40th, shame i have to wait 9 months  :-\

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #258 on: February 15, 2010, 05:42:08 PM
I'm so on the fence with this tool.  I don't know weather I need another tool that I have to crank open
the handles to access implements.  Leatherman has spoiled me with the Charge series units. :)

us Offline Viking

Reply #259 on: February 15, 2010, 07:23:08 PM
I understand what you are saying about the Charge.  It sure is nice have those 4 implements on the outside.  But really, it only takes a couple seconds to get at the tools in the inside.

Not much really.

us Offline Marlinaholic

Reply #260 on: March 03, 2010, 10:58:32 PM
Got my "like new but previously enjoyed" ST 300 today!  Seems really nice, surprisingly the fit and finish on mine is way better than my Surge, the tools don't feel gritty coming out and the handles unfold smoothly with no gritty feeling at all.  Hey, I noticed the plier heads have that little angled raised portion that deactivates the blade safeties on the Surge if you know what I mean.  It cams over the little pokey things that keep the blades locked in the closed position when you are using the pliers if that makes any sense.  The gist of what I'm saying is that I think these plier heads would work in a Surge, and maybe that is what Leatherman is planning if they made them with that cam surface built into them, as it serves no purpose on the ST 300 that I can see.  What do you guys think?   :think:   

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #261 on: March 03, 2010, 11:18:17 PM
Got my "like new but previously enjoyed" ST 300 today!  Seems really nice, surprisingly the fit and finish on mine is way better than my Surge, the tools don't feel gritty coming out and the handles unfold smoothly with no gritty feeling at all.  Hey, I noticed the plier heads have that little angled raised portion that deactivates the blade safeties on the Surge if you know what I mean.  It cams over the little pokey things that keep the blades locked in the closed position when you are using the pliers if that makes any sense.  The gist of what I'm saying is that I think these plier heads would work in a Surge, and maybe that is what Leatherman is planning if they made them with that cam surface built into them, as it serves no purpose on the ST 300 that I can see.  What do you guys think?   :think:   

I am sure that they will eventually make there way to most of the tools :tu: but as is the plier head of the ST300 won't allow the Surge to close completely as another of our members here I believe DaveK tried it for fun and the tool won't close all the way but it will only take a little modifying and we will see it on other tools in the current lineup :tu:

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #262 on: March 04, 2010, 04:26:18 AM
I'm pretty sure the same plier head is used on the new MUT, where the little ramps actuate the blade safeties. :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #263 on: March 04, 2010, 04:40:00 AM
I'm pretty sure the same plier head is used on the new MUT, where the little ramps actuate the blade safeties. :)

Who knows the MUT may have been on the drawing table longer than the ST300 and the plier head was originally designed for it and somebody said hey let's put that on the ST300 as well :D

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #264 on: March 05, 2010, 12:44:03 AM

Who knows the MUT may have been on the drawing table longer than the ST300 and the plier head was originally designed for it and somebody said hey let's put that on the ST300 as well :D

:o :o
A

us Offline Deere Man

Reply #265 on: March 06, 2010, 01:35:57 AM
I finally got my hands on one of these.  Holy cow, what a beast.  I've certainly found my new EDC.  I'm loving the simplicity and strength of this thing.  The perfect no frills tool.

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #266 on: March 06, 2010, 06:09:34 PM
You said it. It's a remarkable tool but I prefer something a bit smaller for EDC.
SAW

Offline BigFatTon

Reply #267 on: March 08, 2010, 01:13:17 AM
I currently carry a broken LMF spork (broke right in the middle so now it's a fork and a spoon separately) in my Leather ST300 sheath (the part between the bare leather and the elastic in the back).  But I'd like to put something like a micro widgy bar from CC in there. An Atwood tool or something similar would work well in there too.  I think it's a neglected part of that sheath.

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #268 on: March 16, 2010, 03:32:48 AM
I'm beginning to take back what I said about EDC. The ST300 fits very comfortably in hand, it's just bulky to carry on the belt. Does anyone know if the new MUT sheath accomodates the ST300? I think a different sheath may be the answer.... your thoughts?
SAW

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #269 on: March 16, 2010, 05:59:21 PM

I am sure that they will eventually make there way to most of the tools :tu: but as is the plier head of the ST300 won't allow the Surge to close completely as another of our members here I believe DaveK tried it for fun and the tool won't close all the way but it will only take a little modifying and we will see it on other tools in the current lineup :tu:

I did, and you remember right Poncho :tu:

The ST 300 plier heads are basically too wide to allow the Surge to close up properly. Other than that it looks a great idea though!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD