Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Car boot finds 226490

Point Of No Return Posts: 30,418 Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: Car boot finds
« Reply #3630 on: January 13, 2021, 04:24:47 AM »
I'm wondering, should I get a Workmate? The older ones have been tempting me for a number of years now.
Back on like 04 when I was working at a Lowe’s they had one on sale, the department found it up on the shelf like waaay up,, and they haven’t been sold for like 2yrs so they had to get rid of it, needless to say I snatched it up for like $8, I don’t remember the name on it but it was a good little unit to have around, little sawhorse but also clamp on what you were working on, totally worth it..
JR

"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Water Closet and explode in the Commode, I think with my Head, that my flush will always beat John’s or Jerry’s pair! But Jack’s ran for the Reading Room and tripped on a Can and bowed to the Porcelain God!
No Life Club Posts: 3,176 Lifelike and remarkably self similar
« Reply #3631 on: January 13, 2021, 06:00:31 AM »
Holy crap, are you like running out of room to put all these tools? And what’s in the bag?
JR

DAP blend sticks in the plastic bag.  No, still have some room.

"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South
« Reply #3632 on: January 13, 2021, 06:17:41 AM »
I have a couple of workmates, plus the Workmate Shopbox, a WORX Pegasus, and a Jawhorse they all work really well.  Pairing them with the saw horses and I can set up almost anything.

After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South
Global Moderator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 52,541
« Reply #3633 on: January 13, 2021, 02:21:12 PM »
 :like:
Today’s Estate Sale Buy
« Reply #3634 on: January 17, 2021, 09:46:49 PM »
Kennedy tool box, Toolzall Pocketpro mini and some other odds and ends. The pocket pro was $1.  :D
32.51 kB | 320x240 36.37 kB | 320x240

Re: Today’s Estate Sale Buy
« Reply #3635 on: January 17, 2021, 10:30:42 PM »
Kennedy tool box, Toolzall Pocketpro mini and some other odds and ends. The pocket pro was $1.  :D
Dang you luck out,,
JR

As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Water Closet and explode in the Commode, I think with my Head, that my flush will always beat John’s or Jerry’s pair! But Jack’s ran for the Reading Room and tripped on a Can and bowed to the Porcelain God!
No Life Club Posts: 4,775
« Reply #3636 on: January 17, 2021, 11:59:55 PM »
A buck? That was a great price! Since they don't pop up too often, I feel I got great deals on the three I've had. I paid $10 used for the Toolzall Pocket Pro I lost, then $13 for two carded examples to replace that. I find the driver's aren't sharp enough to really grab a screw, but the pliers on that tool are really great in small areas.
« Reply #3637 on: March 04, 2021, 03:03:55 AM »
Auction win.  Pipe wrenches, hammers, files, screwdrivers, and a sidewinder 3/8 twist ratchet.

« Reply #3638 on: March 20, 2021, 08:56:10 PM »
I picked up this toolbox and the other tools at
Yard sales today.   

« Reply #3639 on: March 20, 2021, 11:51:54 PM »
Yard sales today.   
Oh dang, nice box! :tu:
JR

« Reply #3640 on: March 21, 2021, 12:01:02 AM »
My wife and I went over to our older sons house to help out with a few things and as I walked by the kids truck I spotted something in the back of his pickup, I was like dang, I’ve been looking for one, he’s like $5, I’m like and what did you pay for it? $5, yeah right your full of it! Then he admits he found it on the side of the road with another larger one which he actually sold for $20, so he tried to work me over but he gave it to me by the end of the day, he he..
But the whole reason I was after one was because of my hiking staffs, I was originally after like a large milk jug, but this is a kids golf bag so it’s shorter so it will show off more of the hiking staffs, plus keep them in place, and if I need to move them just pick them up! So I just need to clean it up..
JR

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 8,039
« Reply #3641 on: March 21, 2021, 12:25:56 AM »
Yard sales today.

Yadda   :tu:

What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast
« Reply #3642 on: March 21, 2021, 01:16:26 AM »
Not the best of pics but here, I kinda cleaned it up then put the hiking staffs in it and put it by the front door,,
JR

« Reply #3643 on: March 21, 2021, 02:43:46 AM »

« Reply #3644 on: March 21, 2021, 03:02:21 AM »
Gentlemen.  :hatsoff:  Not bad for $10.
Oh heck no! NICE!
JR

« Reply #3645 on: April 03, 2021, 08:21:28 PM »
Today’s $12 garage sale buy.  Why yes! That is a Leatherman PST in the corner.  Average price per tool $.20 US.  :D

Three Nicholson  16 inch files, a Craftsman 4 once ball peen hammer., a Craftsman screwstarter screwdriver, a Proto screwstarter, a neat unbranded Phillips screwdriver with knurled handle, two Starrett wire gauges, and the PST.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 09:35:59 PM by Yadda »

Global Moderator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 52,541
« Reply #3646 on: April 03, 2021, 08:28:18 PM »
Well that is just     
No Life Club Posts: 1,671
« Reply #3647 on: April 05, 2021, 05:36:11 AM »
Found yourself some good stuff!  :tu:

Mike

I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike
« Reply #3648 on: April 10, 2021, 07:01:41 AM »
Thank you Gentlemen.  :hatsoff:

« Reply #3649 on: April 10, 2021, 07:03:29 AM »
Picked up a few goodies at an estate sale.

« Reply #3650 on: April 11, 2021, 04:26:48 AM »
Estate sale buy.  Craftsman v and vv wrenches, cockers and 1/2 ratchet. Thorsen 77 1/2 ratchet, with two sockets, an extension and two wrenches. S-K Wayne 1/2 ratchet, Proto wrench, Snap-on flex head wrench, a full set of Craftsman ball end metric hex wrenches, a 9-in-1 Craftsman SAE folding hex wrench set,  a set of 10 Gedore Combination wrenches, and a Wheeler F.A.T. Torque wrench for guns.

« Reply #3651 on: April 11, 2021, 05:09:06 AM »
Dang, you make out good!
JR

« Reply #3652 on: April 24, 2021, 12:07:37 AM »
I picked up these goodies at an estate sale today.  Walden ratchet set,  blue point and Bonney angle wrenches, a Craftsman 1071 plane,  Starrett screwdriver and lots of other neat little pieces.There is also a great Miller’s Falls awl. A Lufkin 6 ft folding rule, a 3 inch made in Taiwan adjustable wrench, a set of Skil driver bits, a General Ratchet and few odd  Craftsman extensions and sockets.  Oh yeah, a small Lansky sharpening set. Well worth the $12.

« Reply #3653 on: April 24, 2021, 02:30:23 AM »
Nice score! I swear you just keep finding all the goodies! Is the stick ruler an inside, outside or combo read?
JR

No Life Club Posts: 4,775
« Reply #3654 on: April 24, 2021, 02:51:28 AM »
What's the markings on the metal-handled tape measure? I have one that's a Western Auto brand, and it's close to 70 years old. I suspect someone else made it, however.

The Craftsman plane is the biggest score, however. I have a Lakeside (said to be Stanley) and it's in horrible shape.
« Reply #3655 on: April 24, 2021, 06:20:40 PM »
What's the markings on the metal-handled tape measure? I have one that's a Western Auto brand, and it's close to 70 years old. I suspect someone else made it, however.

The Craftsman plane is the biggest score, however. I have a Lakeside (said to be Stanley) and it's in horrible shape.

Photo attached.  No other marking except Made in U. S. A.

« Reply #3656 on: April 24, 2021, 06:29:37 PM »
Nice score! I swear you just keep finding all the goodies! Is the stick ruler an inside, outside or combo read?
JR

I have more to learn about folding rules.  Both? Maybe?  It has measurements on both sides and a brass depth gauge. 

« Reply #3657 on: April 24, 2021, 07:09:37 PM »
I have more to learn about folding rules.  Both? Maybe?  It has measurements on both sides and a brass depth gauge.
Nope, an outside, the numbers start on the outside on both sides, some start only on the inside like mine which I can’t find, yet others will do both, it’s basically down to how you hold the ruler to measure, with an outside you’ll be holding, say if you just opened the first 6” the rest would but up to a table unlike an inside, the rest of the ruler would be above the table, if I can find my ruler I’d explain better but idk where it went to?
JR

« Reply #3658 on: April 24, 2021, 11:30:07 PM »
Ha ha, found it!
Ok, this is a both inside stick ruler, yours is a both outside with the brass slide, in some fields of work ones better then the other, I used to do ductwork and a inside was much easier because you didn’t have to have the ruler below the table in order to lay it flat, now they do also have combos, where one side is going to start on the inside like mine, yet flip it over and the other side is going to start on the outside, these are common but yours are probably the most common,,
JR

« Reply #3659 on: April 25, 2021, 05:27:21 AM »
That is too cool.  I was not aware of the difference. I have a half dozen of these and they are all probably outside.  I will be checking them and watching for inside rules.   

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $79.60
PayPal Fees: $5.65
Net Balance: $73.95
Below Goal: $226.05
Site Currency: USD
25%