Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

May 2022 Swisstool Super Challenge

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Re: May 2022 Swisstool Super Challenge
Reply #120 on: May 01, 2022, 08:38:10 PM
Day 1

This afternoon I put together a flat pack chest of drawers for my oldest daughter , the Swisstool performed faultlessly

A1F7B6F2-2734-4072-8ABD-94BC8D9A3456 by Duncan Moore, on Flickr

AB39DBC9-0DE5-4C53-98DE-9159956890C8 by Duncan Moore, on Flickr

fi Online Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #121 on: May 01, 2022, 08:41:58 PM
Its allways nice to see SwissTool in action, i have carried my Spirit now few months and its still amaze me

Only Tools Matters

bg Offline DavisNikolov

Reply #122 on: May 01, 2022, 09:16:33 PM
Day 1/31

Easy day into the challenge for the Spirit. Lunch duties and a trip on the train. I do like the blade and the fact that it is lefty friendly. It is wickedly sharp and keeps the edge for a decent time.

Good luck gents.

Pete
Hey Pete, I like the way you made it say MTO on the display! Does this show on an info board somewhere else, like in front of the train and in the wagons or is it only on your display ? Either way - awesome !  :cheers:

Welcome aboard Davis and Happy Labor Day everyone!  Kicking it off for me on Day 1 is some simple parcel opening.  We had a general cleaning and lube getting ready!

Thanks Barry !

So here is my DAY 1

Needed to make another nesting box at the chicken kingdom. I have a lot of old furniture pieces in the basement, being kept for such purposes, so I just grabbed a drawer to reuse. Screwed it to the side of one of the hens'es bedrooms. I could have used a dedicated tool since I was at home but I have just decided I'd join this challenge so I just grabbed two screws from the toolbox (the Swisstool was already on my belt). No pilot holes, just the wood screws straight in. I was a bit surprised at how well the Philips on it worked  :)

Intentionally used it with the handles opened on the second one, just to see how it works. It feels a bit off in the hand, it's not a screwdriver handle after all, but it does have a good grip and did the job great.

Later on it got inspected

And approved

Later I sliced through some homemade bread

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #123 on: May 01, 2022, 10:47:19 PM
Looking great everyone!  Speaking of which, that bread looks so good :drool: :drool:
Barry

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #124 on: May 01, 2022, 10:49:04 PM
Hey Pete, I like the way you made it say MTO on the display! Does this show on an info board somewhere else, like in front of the train and in the wagons or is it only on your display ? Either way - awesome !  :cheers:

Thanks Barry !

So here is my DAY 1

Needed to make another nesting box at the chicken kingdom. I have a lot of old furniture pieces in the basement, being kept for such purposes, so I just grabbed a drawer to reuse. Screwed it to the side of one of the hens'es bedrooms. I could have used a dedicated tool since I was at home but I have just decided I'd join this challenge so I just grabbed two screws from the toolbox (the Swisstool was already on my belt). No pilot holes, just the wood screws straight in. I was a bit surprised at how well the Philips on it worked  :)

(Image removed from quote.)

Intentionally used it with the handles opened on the second one, just to see how it works. It feels a bit off in the hand, it's not a screwdriver handle after all, but it does have a good grip and did the job great.

And approved

There's nothing else like an egg from your own chickens.  The taste is so much better than store bought eggs.   My mother and grandmother both raised hens and sold eggs. 
Barry

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #125 on: May 01, 2022, 10:53:03 PM
Day 1

This afternoon I put together a flat pack chest of drawers for my oldest daughter , the Swisstool performed faultlessly

A1F7B6F2-2734-4072-8ABD-94BC8D9A3456 by Duncan Moore, on Flickr

AB39DBC9-0DE5-4C53-98DE-9159956890C8 by Duncan Moore, on Flickr
The Swisstool really is a great all around tool.  I've used mine for just about everything over the years.  I like that it's a bigger tool.  I don't have large hands but I like how it feels to use.  I use the ruler a lot in my job.  I purchased this one from Aloha awhile back and only wish it had a file for some work around the house.  The belt cutter saved a boy who managed to get his seatbelt wrapped around his neck once.  It cut through the belt like hot butter.

Love that watch Dunc!  :tu:
Barry

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #126 on: May 01, 2022, 11:07:00 PM
Day 1, SwissTool RT being fondled by fellow provider on a 11 day CRE mission.
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: May 2022 Swisstool Super Challenge Day 1
Reply #127 on: May 01, 2022, 11:15:23 PM
DAY 1

Excellent start awl  :2tu:

Today the MXBS helped open a box of evidence bags. It cut like a knife through the proverbial  :tu:

* May SwissTool Challenge Day 1.jpg (Filesize: 222.28 KB)
They don't like it up 'em!

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #128 on: May 01, 2022, 11:16:16 PM

Brilliant pic'  :salute: :tu:
They don't like it up 'em!

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #129 on: May 01, 2022, 11:54:58 PM
Day 1

Great pics all! :tu: today is my day off so not a lot of action shots today, but I've got a lot of stuff happening at work this week, so I'm sure there will be plenty of action pics going on :cheers:

* IMG_20220501_175059.jpg (Filesize: 328.94 KB)
Send In the spartans

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #130 on: May 02, 2022, 12:32:29 AM
Powernoodle Day 1

Citizens - I am not officially in this one, having received the badge 5 or 6 years ago.  But I will carry the Swisstool and post frequently - maybe every day.  Peace be with you.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #131 on: May 02, 2022, 01:15:13 AM
 :cheers: Powernoodle and post when you can!
Barry

us Offline Sos24

Reply #132 on: May 02, 2022, 02:28:24 AM
Day 1
The Spirit pliers and scissors helped remove some burrs Fisher got in his fur and paws.  Unfortunately, I didn’t decide to use the pliers until after I tried to remove one in between his paw pads using my fingers; resulting in burrs splinters being embedded in my thumb and not get the bur out.

The Spirit chisel tool also helped as a striker to light a fire for making some popcorn.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #133 on: May 02, 2022, 02:33:45 AM
Burrs are rough stuff for dogs.  I got one under my thumbnail once trying to pull one out of Arthur's fur.  I never thought about using the chisel for a fire starter!  That popcorn looks good  :drool:
Barry

us Offline FolderBeholder

Reply #134 on: May 02, 2022, 02:33:56 AM
Hey Sos24, I see a Firebox Nano in your photo.  Cool item isn't it!
Rest in peace ColoSwiss, you will always be remembered.

Offline MrToolJunkie

Reply #135 on: May 02, 2022, 03:27:21 AM
Great start - my SwissTool had more adventures on Day 1 - lots of cutting with the knife, which I did not take pics of. But, I did need to use the chisel on a door install to cut some shims that broke off proud of the door frame. Also had to change a battery for my car key FOB and the little screwdriver was just the right size to pop the back off.

* Chisel Day 1.jpg (Filesize: 33.99 KB)

* Small screwdriver tip.jpg (Filesize: 143.8 KB)

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #136 on: May 02, 2022, 03:40:25 AM
Nice job!  It occurred to me that I don't think I've used the Swisstool chisel yet.  I've used the Swisschamp chisel a number of times...need to do something about that this month :D
Barry

Offline MrToolJunkie

Reply #137 on: May 02, 2022, 04:05:42 AM
Nice job!  It occurred to me that I don't think I've used the Swisstool chisel yet.  I've used the Swisschamp chisel a number of times...need to do something about that this month :D

Thanks - I actually think I prefer the Spirit chisel a little more because of the scoring feature. That said, it is very handy to have on a multitool. Saved me from making a trip to find a proper chisel for such a quick job.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #138 on: May 02, 2022, 05:06:34 AM
Definitely!  One thing I'll say for the Vic multitools is that they have most of the bases covered.
Barry

us Offline Sos24

Reply #139 on: May 02, 2022, 07:18:06 AM
Hey Sos24, I see a Firebox Nano in your photo.  Cool item isn't it!
I absolutely love mine.  It usually gets used a couple times a week.  Although, I can’t wait for the Firebox Freestyle to come,

us Offline Sos24

Reply #140 on: May 02, 2022, 07:20:50 AM
Great start - my SwissTool had more adventures on Day 1 - lots of cutting with the knife, which I did not take pics of. But, I did need to use the chisel on a door install to cut some shims that broke off proud of the door frame. Also had to change a battery for my car key FOB and the little screwdriver was just the right size to pop the back off.
Good uses.

This does remind me I need to change the battery in a key fob, maybe I take your advise.

us Offline Sos24

Reply #141 on: May 02, 2022, 07:24:37 AM
That is risky.  Next thing you know it is getting “borrowed”

us Offline Sos24

Reply #142 on: May 02, 2022, 07:26:21 AM

Thanks Barry !

So here is my DAY 1

And approved

Awesome use.

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #143 on: May 02, 2022, 07:27:24 AM
I know the price would be prohibitive, but can you imagine a Titanium Swisstool or Spirit?  :ahhh  A pocket tool box that would hardly weigh anything at all!

Now you have my undivided attention Barry. A SwissTool with a titanium frame would be quite something  :drool:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #144 on: May 02, 2022, 09:01:56 AM
The Swisstool really is a great all around tool.  I've used mine for just about everything over the years.  I like that it's a bigger tool.  I don't have large hands but I like how it feels to use.  I use the ruler a lot in my job.  I purchased this one from Aloha awhile back and only wish it had a file for some work around the house.  The belt cutter saved a boy who managed to get his seatbelt wrapped around his neck once.  It cut through the belt like hot butter.

Love that watch Dunc!  :tu:

Thanks Barry  :tu: I carried a Swisstool for years and had many adventures with it when I was on a lifeboat crew and despite being soaked with sea water on many occasions it never rusted. Fantastic job with the child and the seat belt  :hatsoff:

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #145 on: May 02, 2022, 09:03:49 AM

What’s the most carried multitool you come across in your line of work ?

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #146 on: May 02, 2022, 11:15:11 AM

Thanks, on this set (Tangara) an outside display is not customisable. On the newer train an option for a custom message is possible. I think Sydney will be confused with a MT.O destination board. I might give it a try in the sheds over the weekend.

Day 2/31

More lunch duties as expected and that is about it other than posing. The train pics are in the newer trains, no MT.O on that yet.

I am off over the next few days and will hopefully find a few other tasks for the Spirit or just post interesting poses...

Cheers, Pete

* 20220502_093641.jpg (Filesize: 97.75 KB)

* 20220502_093724.jpg (Filesize: 101.83 KB)

* 20220502_142411.jpg (Filesize: 132.75 KB)

* 20220502_142424.jpg (Filesize: 118.14 KB)

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #147 on: May 02, 2022, 11:21:12 AM
Keep up the great work guys!

Day 2

Used a file to trip stoppers on a hydrator.
First of all - luckily - our friend was going from Kyiv and brought my backpack with a bunch of gear for the emergency.
Among other things there is my hydrator. I have it for quite a few years already and it’s a really good one made by Source that I bought in Chamonix, France, but what always pissed me off was how difficult it is to remove the covering cap when you’re thirsty.
Since we have this amazing challenge I decided to finally fix that, so I used a file to slightly file down the stoppers and now the cover holds but is really easy to remove

Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #148 on: May 02, 2022, 02:05:46 PM
I love the Swisstool files!  I don't use them often, but they're wonderful when you do need them  :tu:

Day 2 saw us opening the cellophane from a new to us tea.  Next to the ruler and scissors, I probably use the regular blade on the RS the most. 

* IMG_20220429_162820552.jpg (Filesize: 172.06 KB)
Barry

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #149 on: May 02, 2022, 02:24:05 PM
Powernoodle Day 2

Opening a package of Costco thick-sliced bacon.

Four eggs with Himalayan salt, black pepper and turmeric.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%