Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Spirit owners club

Dunc · 2924 · 260477

cs Offline Vladimir

• No Life Club
Re: Spirit owners club
Reply #690 on: March 29, 2011, 04:32:57 PM
Does anyone have spare red plastic bit holder?

gb Offline sousterre1

Reply #691 on: April 11, 2011, 09:31:06 PM
Spirit arrived today, care of Gunga, Cheers Mike. May I be inducted?  :D
All mushrooms are edible, some only once.

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Reply #692 on: April 12, 2011, 01:52:15 AM
Brand new SwissTool Spirit X.  It has that fresh-out-of-the-package Victorinox smell.

Or, it could be that sample of cologne that was included in the box.  That one was kinda weird, Victorinox.

ca Offline gunga

Reply #693 on: April 12, 2011, 02:04:20 AM
Where'd you pick up an X Jekostas?

Enjoy Ian!

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Reply #694 on: April 12, 2011, 02:09:01 AM
House of Knives has 'em now.  Choice of that or the butter-blade Spirit.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #695 on: April 12, 2011, 02:18:46 AM
Brand new SwissTool Spirit X.  It has that fresh-out-of-the-package Victorinox smell.

Or, it could be that sample of cologne that was included in the box.  That one was kinda weird, Victorinox.

(Image removed from quote.)

still love my Spirit X.  Just noticed though that the badge is stamped in a different place on yours, mind is alongside the Victorinox name, yours is over it.

Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #696 on: April 12, 2011, 02:56:35 AM

still love my Spirit X.  Just noticed though that the badge is stamped in a different place on yours, mind is alongside the Victorinox name, yours is over it.

Oooh, thats interesting. I wonder when they changed that? :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #697 on: April 12, 2011, 03:25:41 AM
Oooo nice new pics...

I think the badge changed with the RT no?  Can't remember or check right now.  Maybe it was the military CC version... seen it before somewhere.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #698 on: April 12, 2011, 03:39:50 AM
Oooo nice new pics...

I think the badge changed with the RT no?  Can't remember or check right now.  Maybe it was the military CC version... seen it before somewhere.

Good call sir :salute:

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #699 on: April 12, 2011, 09:20:26 AM
Nice! Stamp variation alert :ahhh
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Reply #700 on: April 12, 2011, 08:23:54 PM
Nice! Stamp variation alert :ahhh

Y'all are gonna go buy them all again, aren't you?

ca Offline gunga

Reply #701 on: April 13, 2011, 07:48:23 AM
Man, I'm gonna have to get a Swiss Tool X!

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #702 on: April 13, 2011, 08:13:24 AM
I have another spirit on the way, so I hope to be re-inducted here as of Saturday.  And I will never leave again...  :salute:

us Offline New_World

• No Life Club
  • I EDC a cell phone
Reply #703 on: April 13, 2011, 08:25:29 AM
I have another spirit on the way, so I hope to be re-inducted here as of Saturday.  And I will never leave again...  :salute:

2 worst mistakes....ever!

1) Not wearing Protection on that drunken night..
2) Selling the Victorinox spirit

welcome back Mercury.   :salute: :salute: :salute:
Quality Control
Materials
Design

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #704 on: April 13, 2011, 08:29:35 AM

2 worst mistakes....ever!

1) Not wearing Protection on that drunken night..
2) Selling the Victorinox spirit

welcome back Mercury.   :salute: :salute: :salute:

Thanks my friend!

gb Offline sysbox27

Reply #705 on: April 28, 2011, 12:39:35 AM
Hi, I'm new here (first posting) and thought I would introduce myself and request membership to the Spirit Club!  :D

I am new to the technical world of multitools, having only just stumbled across this site very recently.  :multi:

I therefore have a very small set of multitools:

a Victorinox silver alox Farmer,
a Leatherman Charge TTi (am I allowed to mention the 'L' word on this forum?),
and a Victorinox SwissTool Spirit S.

I chose the S model as I thought I would get more use out of an extra cutting edge rather than a scissors.
BTW are the S model not very popular then, as I struggled to find one, but seemed like plenty of Original and X models?
In the end I found on the Bay from a German seller.
I haven't included a pic as my photographic skills leave a lot to be desired.

If I may ask at this stage, could anyone advise where I could buy the ratchet set and bits as well as the corkscrew and miniture screwdriver?
I couldn't find the stainless S model in a PLUS bundle so I want to now acquire the other pieces.

Best regards,
G.

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
Reply #706 on: April 28, 2011, 01:37:59 AM
I've been and inactive member of this club and I want to be active again.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #707 on: April 28, 2011, 01:47:57 AM
Hi, I'm new here (first posting) and thought I would introduce myself and request membership to the Spirit Club!  :D

I am new to the technical world of multitools, having only just stumbled across this site very recently.  :multi:

I chose the S model as I thought I would get more use out of an extra cutting edge rather than a scissors.
BTW are the S model not very popular then, as I struggled to find one, but seemed like plenty of Original and X models?

If I may ask at this stage, could anyone advise where I could buy the ratchet set and bits as well as the corkscrew and miniture screwdriver?
I couldn't find the stainless S model in a PLUS bundle so I want to now acquire the other pieces.

Best regards,
G.
Welcome Sysbox27!

You won't get in too much trouble for mentioning the 'L' word here, at least it's a very nice one.  You have a great set of starter tools.

We're not sure what is up with the Stainless Steel 'S' version of the Spirit.  It appears to be discontinued, but they could have just decided to take a brake on them while they sell off the Black-Oxide version and were introducing the X version to North America.  I also prefer the 'S' version mainly because I also carry a SAK with scissors and find the SAK is better handling when it comes to scissors. 

You were smart to grab the Silver one, because as you found out they are getting very hard to locate.

I'm sure you'll love it.  Maybe in the general section you could compare it to the TTi, I don't have one of them yet, but I really want to try one... just figure though it will sit on a shelf and I already have too much doing that.

:cheers:

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #708 on: April 28, 2011, 04:35:26 AM

Best regards,
G.

G'day & welcome mate the 3 tools you mentioned are very nice , so you are off to a great start  :D :D.

Neil at Hive of SAKtivity is a brilliant fellow to deal with, he is a member here too. He has cork screws for Swisstools , not sure if they fit Spirits  :think: , they should  :think: :think:. Neil should have a mini screw driver too fit as well  :think: :think:.
Link here mate -----> http://www.edcsource.com/Victorinox-Corkscrew-for-SwissTools--B1013,name,106780,auction_id,auction_details

Now the ratchet set is a little trickier  :think: :think:. I found this on US Ebay a bit pricey though  :( :(
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Victorinox-SWISSTOOL-POUCH-RATCHET-Extension-Bits-/120714999510?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item1c1b2cb6d6

I suggest you give Tim a PM(personnel message) he got me my one & I highly recommend you get the extension bar for the bits. The bits + the ratchet have too short a reach.
Tim runs a store called FelineVet selling mainly Swiss stuff & he ships world wide , top fella like Neil  :tu: :tu:.
Tim's contact is here ----->http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?action=profile;u=6
Just click on 'send PM'

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

gb Offline sysbox27

Reply #709 on: April 28, 2011, 11:52:37 PM
Thanks very much for the help ICanFixThat and MultiMat!  :tu:

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #710 on: April 29, 2011, 11:06:44 AM
A few weeks overdue - but I finally managed to get around to proving I have one  :D

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #711 on: May 05, 2011, 11:32:36 PM
I Just want to report that I got a North America 2010 Victorinox Dealer's catalog the other day and the Spirit-S was not in it.  So I guess it was probably not a big seller and they really did discontinued it.  I just could not accept that, but I guess there is no way around it.  It looks like once the stock on the Black Oxide version is gone, it will be a memory as well.   Watch for great closeout deals, although it looks like most of the Silver ones are gone, I heard there are a few more that will land in North America.

no Offline North Man

• No Life Club
Reply #712 on: May 06, 2011, 10:32:50 AM
Hi

Here is the info i put in SwissTool plier heads topic:
Victorinox SwissTool Spirit

The Victorinox Emblem (cross and shield) was removed from the pliers head in 2010. The product images on our website have not been updated yet.

I got a picture i PDF,its to large, basially it shows that until 2010 cross and shield emblem is on, then from 2010 an interim model without emblem on plier, finally also from 2010 a change on the emblem on handle. The logo is over Victorinox and not besides, hope this makes sence?

God luck finding the interim model, picture is from the 2011 catalogue
Spirit.JPG
* Spirit.JPG (Filesize: 27.2 KB)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 10:34:45 AM by North Man »
Get more tools

no Offline North Man

• No Life Club
Reply #713 on: May 06, 2011, 10:40:51 AM
I Just want to report that I got a North America 2010 Victorinox Dealer's catalog the other day and the Spirit-S was not in it.  So I guess it was probably not a big seller and they really did discontinued it.  I just could not accept that, but I guess there is no way around it.  It looks like once the stock on the Black Oxide version is gone, it will be a memory as well.   Watch for great closeout deals, although it looks like most of the Silver ones are gone, I heard there are a few more that will land in North America.

In the catalogue 2011 the Spirit 3.0223.L with pointed blade instead of scissors is there
Get more tools

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #714 on: May 06, 2011, 02:49:35 PM

In the catalogue 2011 the Spirit 3.0223.L with pointed blade instead of scissors is there
That's true, so it could be as we have noticed on-line, that they are discontinued in North America, but still available else where.  I'm pretty sure that catalog you are refering to are those from Europe that have been available; Is that Correct?   Of course, maybe they will bring them back in North America, I don't think I've seen a North American 2011 catalog yet.

Offline chris777

Reply #715 on: May 06, 2011, 02:59:37 PM
So after seemingly forever, I am finally a member of the club. I scored a base spirit with nylon pouch fro round about $48.
(lets not talk about the chinese scammer who conned me out of an additional $20 Because I wanted an unmarred swisstool)
Which brings me to the reason I got it so cheap. Its monogrammed. luckily its not too obvious, and I have been thinking of either trying to rig up a pocket clip over the name, or doodling something over it myself. but the thought of scratching it is not pleasant, . So far my only gripe is the scissors. which frankly cannot cut a straight line, With all of the complaint about leathermans wave scissors, which while looking whimpy are actually very solid performers especially given the size. these things are just messed up. Making me actually kind of want the S model, if it is in fact still available. All in all though it is definitely Vic quality, with a poor poor untested design on the scissors, which to me makes no sense because it is a good idea, and should work, But the angles, and implementation, are just totaly anc completely off, other than for literally snipping thread, or something of that nature, any kind of precision work is just out, If I cant even cut a straight line in a piece of paper without moving a mm at a time somethin is seriouslly wrong, but other than the scissors and lack of clip its great, I can even use the bitter blade, though right now I am seriouslly thinking of the S and just using my wenger scissos on my keychain, that or I am musing dual carrying this with a wave for the real deal covering all situations.

no Offline North Man

• No Life Club
Reply #716 on: May 06, 2011, 04:18:58 PM

That's true, so it could be as we have noticed on-line, that they are discontinued in North America, but still available else where.  I'm pretty sure that catalog you are refering to are those from Europe that have been available; Is that Correct?   Of course, maybe they will bring them back in North America, I don't think I've seen a North American 2011 catalog yet.

Hi yes this can be so, just for Europe maybe,
yes the catalogue is or should be for Europe(dealers edition), it is a huge one and if my info is correct it was released in March this year but printed at the end of 2010,
it shows in the pictures the new logo and no plier emblem, i looked at the big SwissTools and looks like the new logo is on them also. We will have to wait and see.
Get more tools

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #717 on: May 06, 2011, 04:38:56 PM
Maybe I'm just nuts ( quite likley ) but I like the scissors . Then again , bout all I ever do with them is cut loose threads , and hangnails .

I too would like an S model , preferably black oxide . Lack of scissors no problem as I also rock a MiniChamp or a Rambler .

Chris

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #718 on: May 07, 2011, 05:16:12 PM

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #719 on: May 07, 2011, 05:19:08 PM
cool. 8)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%