Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I'm tired of all this pretty stuff: Let's see your well used edc gear!

Offline andre0407

I've broken the tip of the pliers on one side on one of my SOG Powerlock. The wire strippers had pits in them with use, so I smoothed those out using just sandpaper.

It's undergone so much abuse it's terrible, but the other implements are working just fine. And if I thoroughly destroy this one, I'll just swap in another identical one I have.. and another.. and another..  >:D

Offline Magnus

I've broken the tip of the pliers on one side on one of my SOG Powerlock. The wire strippers had pits in them with use, so I smoothed those out using just sandpaper.
(Image removed from quote.)

It's undergone so much abuse it's terrible, but the other implements are working just fine. And if I thoroughly destroy this one, I'll just swap in another identical one I have.. and another.. and another..  >:D

Don't SOGs have a lifetime warranty?
[

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
I think a picture of my old work carry Super Tool belongs in here.  Note the 'artificially' shortened plier tips, the chewed up cutters and the scuffs and scrapes from being used as a door wedge on a concrete floor.  Six years of abuse and it still kept on working. :)

« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 08:03:34 PM by Gareth »
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Offline andre0407

Don't SOGs have a lifetime warranty?

Yes, but I have like 5 of them.. :-/ I will invoke the warranty and send all of them in when I manage to break all of them . :D

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
  • <*();::::::::;~
Great pictures guys!   :tu:  Let's keep this thread going...   :sak:
Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Here's today's:

Casio G-Shock (been covered in concrete, mud, snow, and attic insulation and keeps on going)
Bic Mark-it Retractable marker (I  like this because they are cheap, and it rides low in my pocket)
Leatherman Charge TTi (love this thing.  Use it a couple times a day at least)
Benchmade Mini-Grip 556 (my most used item of my EDC)
Benchmade Tactical Pen 1150-2 (just got this last week.  Love the fisher space pen refills.  Allows me to write on any surface and most importantly, write when it's very cold out)
4Sevens Quark 123x2 (My second most used EDC item.  Love the Quark!  Runs on rechargeable, and I can program a low and high mode without going through dumb beacon and strobe modes.)
Streamlight MicroStream (back-up light, rides in my pouch of my Charge sheath.)

I have that same watch and streamlight microstream.  They are my most used pieces of gear, as they have remained in my setup for awhile now.  The watch has seen wear almost daily for 3.5 years and it is still ticking strong.

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
this is a good thread.  :tu: 

I have but one knife that I can post and it goes to work with me 5 days a week.  It's
starting to show some wear.
Paci-Salt 006.JPG
* Paci-Salt 006.JPG (Filesize: 111.44 KB)

us Offline David

Ah the Pac Salt. Reckon thats a good one.    :tu:    8)  Sean how you likin the H1 steel.
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

ca Offline Shane769

• No Life Club
  • Gone Climbing.
Some nice looking users on here guys. Unfortunately for me I lost my Gerber Paraframe, which was just getting to that nice used look :-\
And my Surge is getting there, might post some pics soon, although I am cleaning her soon, since the plier head is getting spotty :P
"I would rather live 40 years of excitement and fun and exhilarating and just WOOOO, full volume, then 80 years of la di di di da... you know... boring. Why not get out there and live it?!"

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Ah the Pac Salt. Reckon thats a good one.    :tu:    8)  Sean how you likin the H1 steel.

It's a bit soft in the steel dept but makes it up in corrosion resistance.  Can
soak the gunge off this baby pull it out and snap it shut.  I've never had
scratches on blades like I do with this one and pretty much all from food prep or
cardboard boxes.  I am waiting for that work hardening thing to kick in sometime then
maybe it will hold it's edge a bit better.  Overall though aside from that it's light, of slim
profile, ergonomic, great jimping and easy to deploy with that big 'ol thumb hole and
really is a user friendly knife.  It's one of the few spyderco knives that is liner-less which
is a big plus for me.  :)  It would be one of two knives if someone came along and stole
my edc's I would surely miss.

de Offline Argento

Hi,

Some used stuff from me, i usually take care of my knives and tools, so you won´t see some crazy stuff from me ;)

Core and Micra, i wear them some times in a Olight sheath, i can stuff my Micra in the batterie slots, that fits perfect

Best wishes
Robert

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
I'm a long time ED knife carrier that's finally branching into MT realm.  I figured I'd share my EDC for the last 5 or 6 years.  It's a Smith & Wesson Extreme Ops with a tanto blade that I've abused to the point that it's starting to resemble a drop point.  With the (painted on?) black finish, it has scratches and scuffs a plenty.  Been used for cutting (anything and everything), chiseling, scraping, prying, poking, hammering, rasping (just look at the texture on those handles!), shimming, and driving/loosening screws.  After looking over that list, I'd say it's high time I got a multitool.  Still, this knife has served me well.  At less than $15, it's cheap enough that I don't mind banging it on stuff but still sturdy enough to take everything I dish out.

Ive got one of these on the way, for £9 i thought it was worth a look,

here is my pretty battered white classi ive had on my keychain for around 8months,its much dirtier than it looks here plus i modified a larger toothpick as the one in it fell out and i use them alot  :D

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
  • When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.
My old and trusty Super Tool 200.
Apart from all of the little scratches and scuffs, can anyone guess what's odd about it?  :think:

Chuck Norris' preferred iron supplement is rebar.

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Like this thread...

Looks like Riggs and Lorna showing eachother their scars in Lethal Weapon 3....

:pok: :pok: :D :D
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Apart from all of the little scratches and scuffs, can anyone guess what's odd about it?  :think:

That it's got a cap crimper?

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
I just shot some pics today, I will try to have them up later.  I need to put my sideclip back together because it is my oldest and most abused tool.  Pics of that will come as soon as I get it together.

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club

Close :tu:
It actually has the plier head that is supposed to be on Charges, Waves etc'.
I got it back from warranty like this, after sending it in with a bent plier tip.
From what I know it's one of a kind :D

us Offline getpower

• More money, younger women, and older whiskey
Deleted post, sorry guys.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
I'm a long time ED knife carrier that's finally branching into MT realm.  I figured I'd share my EDC for the last 5 or 6 years.  It's a Smith & Wesson Extreme Ops with a tanto blade that I've abused to the point that it's starting to resemble a drop point.  With the (painted on?) black finish, it has scratches and scuffs a plenty.  Been used for cutting (anything and everything), chiseling, scraping, prying, poking, hammering, rasping (just look at the texture on those handles!), shimming, and driving/loosening screws.  After looking over that list, I'd say it's high time I got a multitool.  Still, this knife has served me well.  At less than $15, it's cheap enough that I don't mind banging it on stuff but still sturdy enough to take everything I dish out.

not sure mine will end up that worn  :D

gb Offline ryan1835

• buh
looks like a wicked knife
I

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return

I got it back from warranty like this, after sending it in with a bent plier tip.

So it is. :o  That's got to be a one-of-a-kind. :tu:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
looks like a wicked knife

i think for £9 its a good knife ryan, i want get much use though, ive got about 4 lock blades now and thinking about trading them on as useless in the uk  :-\

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team

A factory Leatherman mod!  :tu:
- Terry

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club

A factory Leatherman mod!  :tu:

I guess they didn't have the old plier head any more and just used what would fit.
I wonder if a Core or ST300 plier head could fit in there?  >:D

us Offline wvd1979

• Stuck in the 1980's. No desire to progress.
Here are my two EDC war veterans: 

Victorinox SAK...proudly serving since 2001.   

Cheap old keychain LED light from Garrity.  Used since 2007.  (Don't laugh, it's been through hell and it still works.)
"A man's got to know his limitations."-Dirty Harry

us Offline MeadMaker

This is a topic I can relate to.  I'm not a collector so I don't tend to hold onto things I don't use.  Consequently most of my stuff looks worn.

This CS4 has been my EDC MT since I lost my S2 about 4 years ago.  It came from Ebay so it was used and some of the blue was already gone when I got it.  The tools are in good shape, but if you think about it, with Leatherman's warranty there is no reason to settle for a LM that has tools that are not in good shape.

Tick Magnet

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
  • <*();::::::::;~
I love it!   :D
Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
That is what I called used. Nice pic.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline powernoodle

Endura 4.

Cold Steel Lawman.  And yes, thats a sick mirror edge.

Case Sodbuster.

Juice XE6.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
A well (ab)used Wenger Snife Waves. That's why you don't edc those painted scales.  :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59
Site Currency: USD
44%