Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

OPINELS 93608

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 16,106

Zed gb

Re: OPINELS
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2011, 05:59:26 PM »
http://www.opiknife.com/products.asp?cat=Opinel+Color+Handles

I knew I had seen some somewhere....

I need to get a stainless stell one, the Carbon steel ones I have are not really suitable, in my opinion, for cutting food.

this is why i got the SS version dks for in the kitchen  :D

arnt they wood painted  :think:
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 17,691 Gone Hunting!

dks cy

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2011, 06:02:18 PM »
and:
http://www.opinel-usa.com/products.asp?cat=Color+Handles
http://www.opiknife.com/products.asp?cat=Opinel+Color+Handles

I knew I had seen some somewhere....

I need to get a stainless stell one, the Carbon steel ones I have are not really suitable, in my opinion, for cutting food.

this is why i got the SS version dks for in the kitchen  :D

arnt they wood painted  :think:

I was thinking the same, but I think some are plastic too.. ??? . The opinel site does not load from where I am for some reason...

Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]
No Life Club Posts: 4,496 <*();::::::::;~
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2011, 06:03:58 PM »
Nope...  ;)  I know they make a plastic one, just have to find it.   :think:

please post a link GG when you find it because ive done a study on them over the last few weeks and checked lots of info on the net and not seen any plastic models yet  :tu:

Its possible that I saw a pimped one or a knock-off because I couldn't find one either.  :think:  Maybe I'm losing my mind in my old age!   :D

John *** Looking for Schwinn combination wrenches ***

Zed gb

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2011, 06:05:58 PM »
im sure these are wood painted as i dont think they ever made plastic ones, they stay pretty traditional  :D
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2011, 06:09:47 PM »
Nope...  ;)  I know they make a plastic one, just have to find it.   :think:

please post a link GG when you find it because ive done a study on them over the last few weeks and checked lots of info on the net and not seen any plastic models yet  :tu:

This is probably the one that I saw. Oh what a carbon fiber beauty!   :drool:

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2011, 06:11:04 PM »
im sure these are wood painted as i dont think they ever made plastic ones, they stay pretty traditional  :D

You need to look around more!   ;)

Zed gb

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2011, 06:50:03 PM »

:D  ive sen that carbon version but not plastic yet, that one is very nice  :drool:
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2011, 06:54:05 PM »

:D  ive sen that carbon version but not plastic yet, that one is very nice  :drool:

Oh brother, now we're splitting hairs!  ::)  I don't think I'll ever understand you Brits!!   :rofl:  :rofl:

Zed gb

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2011, 06:56:43 PM »

Oh brother, now we're splitting hairs!  ::)  I don't think I'll ever understand you Brits!!   :rofl:  :rofl:

:D ditto  :rofl:

Zed gb

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2011, 07:23:26 PM »
Jocking aside GG they did do a ali version as well but not cheap  :-\  :tu:

Zed gb

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2011, 12:43:18 PM »
Here you go tony  :D sanded down and treated and lanyard hole added  :tu: will do more to the handle once the kids go back to school  :ahhh   :ahhh

Head Turd Polisher Administrator He who has the most nuts, wins! Posts: 55,933 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2011, 01:06:08 PM »
You are going to hate this John, but the wonderful folks at Cold Steel made a plastic handled version of these called Twistmasters.  I don't know if they are still being produced or not though, but is it possible that's what you are thinking of?

Def

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 10,050
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2011, 01:11:54 PM »
Yep I want a Twistmaster now  :ahhh

@ Zed,
That's taken a few sharp edges off Mate  :tu:

You still need one of these

>:D
      v
      v
    vvv
     vv
      v

Everything’s adjustable

Zed gb

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2011, 01:26:11 PM »
Yep I want a Twistmaster now  :ahhh

@ Zed,
That's taken a few sharp edges off Mate  :tu:

You still need one of these

>:D
      v
      v
    vvv
     vv
      v

me too like that  :drool:

yeah not finnished yet tony  ::)

i think the mushroom knife will be the last one i get, its odd looking thing  :D
No Life Club Posts: 3,587
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2011, 01:31:21 PM »
Wow that carbon fiber Opi is beauty... If it only have damascus blade, than it would be  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

Zed gb

« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2011, 01:45:28 PM »
Wow that carbon fiber Opi is beauty... If it only have damascus blade, than it would be  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

i agree mate, although i cant see opinel doing something so flash  :-\ would be a thing of beauty though
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2011, 02:17:39 PM »

i agree mate, although i cant see opinel doing something so flash  :-\ would be a thing of beauty though

Well they could do some sprint run, or something like that, but I reckon price would be trough the roof!! :o

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Zed gb

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2011, 03:15:03 PM »

Well they could do some sprint run, or something like that, but I reckon price would be trough the roof!! :o

I know collectors would buy them mate even if they was not cheap, i would love to see one in damascus with a horn handle  :drool:
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2011, 03:33:06 PM »

I know collectors would buy them mate even if they was not cheap, i would love to see one in damascus with a horn handle  :drool:

Yep I know, but I think they shouldn't make it... It would make us very jelaous  :D :D :D

Horn would be nice too, but IMHO combination carbon fiber - damascus would be somewhat high tech to traditional knife...  :think: :think:

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Zed gb

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2011, 03:36:31 PM »

Yep I know, but I think they shouldn't make it... It would make us very jelaous  :D :D :D

Horn would be nice too, but IMHO combination carbon fiber - damascus would be somewhat high tech to traditional knife...  :think: :think:

yeah they do have there tradition to hold onto  :D these arnt hightec knives, pretty basic but very cool  :tu: and almost elegant  :D
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2011, 03:39:49 PM »

yeah they do have there tradition to hold onto  :D these arnt hightec knives, pretty basic but very cool  :tu: and almost elegant  :D

I agree... When you just take a look at it, and it's simplicity... There is no other word that can come on mind then genius!! Pure genius!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Zed gb

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2011, 03:41:41 PM »

I agree... When you just take a look at it, and it's simplicity... There is no other word that can come on mind then genius!! Pure genius!

:tu: joseph had a good idea with this knife, and his dad didnt think it would sell  :D
No Life Club Posts: 3,494 Benner fan club #003
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2011, 04:38:49 PM »
Opiemods

Two bladed No.8 and a carbon steel blade swap in a No.8 Olivewood handle.

Zed gb

« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2011, 05:54:03 PM »
Opiemods (Image removed from quote.)

Two bladed No.8 and a carbon steel blade swap in a No.8 Olivewood handle.

:drool:  they are cool, great idea, i did see a mod with a custom handle with a saw the other end, but after seeing yours i guess you could keep the saw thae same way  :tu:
No Life Club Posts: 4,236 I just don't know what went wrong.
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2011, 05:58:38 PM »
Mein gott Spork! Why must you ruin everything with your silly modding?! :ahhh

Now dispose of all those silly mods to my mailing address...

Got those frog legs.
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2011, 12:20:33 AM »
:drool:  they are cool, great idea, i did see a mod with a custom handle with a saw the other end, but after seeing yours i guess you could keep the saw thae same way  :tu:

The folding saw shares the same size Virobloc ring with the No.12 knife. I've been thinking of doing a double blade setup with those. The downside might be handling comfort though.

Here's something that may be of interest using a No.12 - Creating a Folding Bushcraft Knife

Zed gb

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2011, 09:37:58 AM »

The folding saw shares the same size Virobloc ring with the No.12 knife. I've been thinking of doing a double blade setup with those. The downside might be handling comfort though.

Here's something that may be of interest using a No.12 - Creating a Folding Bushcraft Knife

very nice sporky  :drool: i get what your saying about comfort though  :-\ i like the new profile on that #12 thanks for posting it up mate  :salute:
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2011, 03:52:50 PM »
The handle you see is only found on the saw...the N0.12 knife handle follows the same pattern as the other knives.
Jr. Member Posts: 67
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2011, 04:38:21 PM »

Aww Yeah.
Global Moderator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 19,999 I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2011, 07:57:58 PM »
There are some with coloured handles too.

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $95.00
PayPal Fees: $5.38
Net Balance: $89.62
Below Goal: $185.38
Site Currency: USD
33% 
March Donations

Community Links