Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

OPINELS 98126

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 16,793

Zed gb

Re: OPINELS
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2011, 05:59:26 PM »
http://www.opiknife.com/products.asp?cat=Opinel+Color+Handles

I knew I had seen some somewhere....

I need to get a stainless stell one, the Carbon steel ones I have are not really suitable, in my opinion, for cutting food.

this is why i got the SS version dks for in the kitchen  :D

arnt they wood painted  :think:
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 19,219 Gone Diving

dks cy

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2011, 06:02:18 PM »
and:
http://www.opinel-usa.com/products.asp?cat=Color+Handles
http://www.opiknife.com/products.asp?cat=Opinel+Color+Handles

I knew I had seen some somewhere....

I need to get a stainless stell one, the Carbon steel ones I have are not really suitable, in my opinion, for cutting food.

this is why i got the SS version dks for in the kitchen  :D

arnt they wood painted  :think:

I was thinking the same, but I think some are plastic too.. ??? . The opinel site does not load from where I am for some reason...

Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]
No Life Club Posts: 4,496 <*();::::::::;~
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2011, 06:03:58 PM »
Nope...  ;)  I know they make a plastic one, just have to find it.   :think:

please post a link GG when you find it because ive done a study on them over the last few weeks and checked lots of info on the net and not seen any plastic models yet  :tu:

Its possible that I saw a pimped one or a knock-off because I couldn't find one either.  :think:  Maybe I'm losing my mind in my old age!   :D

John *** Looking for Schwinn combination wrenches ***

Zed gb

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2011, 06:05:58 PM »
im sure these are wood painted as i dont think they ever made plastic ones, they stay pretty traditional  :D
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2011, 06:09:47 PM »
Nope...  ;)  I know they make a plastic one, just have to find it.   :think:

please post a link GG when you find it because ive done a study on them over the last few weeks and checked lots of info on the net and not seen any plastic models yet  :tu:

This is probably the one that I saw. Oh what a carbon fiber beauty!   :drool:

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2011, 06:11:04 PM »
im sure these are wood painted as i dont think they ever made plastic ones, they stay pretty traditional  :D

You need to look around more!   ;)

Zed gb

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2011, 06:50:03 PM »

:D  ive sen that carbon version but not plastic yet, that one is very nice  :drool:
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2011, 06:54:05 PM »

:D  ive sen that carbon version but not plastic yet, that one is very nice  :drool:

Oh brother, now we're splitting hairs!  ::)  I don't think I'll ever understand you Brits!!   :rofl:  :rofl:

Zed gb

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2011, 06:56:43 PM »

Oh brother, now we're splitting hairs!  ::)  I don't think I'll ever understand you Brits!!   :rofl:  :rofl:

:D ditto  :rofl:

Zed gb

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2011, 07:23:26 PM »
Jocking aside GG they did do a ali version as well but not cheap  :-\  :tu:

Zed gb

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2011, 12:43:18 PM »
Here you go tony  :D sanded down and treated and lanyard hole added  :tu: will do more to the handle once the kids go back to school  :ahhh   :ahhh

Head Turd Polisher Administrator He who has the most nuts, wins! Posts: 56,971 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2011, 01:06:08 PM »
You are going to hate this John, but the wonderful folks at Cold Steel made a plastic handled version of these called Twistmasters.  I don't know if they are still being produced or not though, but is it possible that's what you are thinking of?

Def

NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!

NEW PRODUCTS ADDED DAILY!
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 10,296
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2011, 01:11:54 PM »
Yep I want a Twistmaster now  :ahhh

@ Zed,
That's taken a few sharp edges off Mate  :tu:

You still need one of these

>:D
      v
      v
    vvv
     vv
      v

Everything’s adjustable

Zed gb

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2011, 01:26:11 PM »
Yep I want a Twistmaster now  :ahhh

@ Zed,
That's taken a few sharp edges off Mate  :tu:

You still need one of these

>:D
      v
      v
    vvv
     vv
      v

me too like that  :drool:

yeah not finnished yet tony  ::)

i think the mushroom knife will be the last one i get, its odd looking thing  :D
No Life Club Posts: 3,587
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2011, 01:31:21 PM »
Wow that carbon fiber Opi is beauty... If it only have damascus blade, than it would be  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

Zed gb

« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2011, 01:45:28 PM »
Wow that carbon fiber Opi is beauty... If it only have damascus blade, than it would be  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

i agree mate, although i cant see opinel doing something so flash  :-\ would be a thing of beauty though
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2011, 02:17:39 PM »

i agree mate, although i cant see opinel doing something so flash  :-\ would be a thing of beauty though

Well they could do some sprint run, or something like that, but I reckon price would be trough the roof!! :o

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Zed gb

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2011, 03:15:03 PM »

Well they could do some sprint run, or something like that, but I reckon price would be trough the roof!! :o

I know collectors would buy them mate even if they was not cheap, i would love to see one in damascus with a horn handle  :drool:
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2011, 03:33:06 PM »

I know collectors would buy them mate even if they was not cheap, i would love to see one in damascus with a horn handle  :drool:

Yep I know, but I think they shouldn't make it... It would make us very jelaous  :D :D :D

Horn would be nice too, but IMHO combination carbon fiber - damascus would be somewhat high tech to traditional knife...  :think: :think:

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Zed gb

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2011, 03:36:31 PM »

Yep I know, but I think they shouldn't make it... It would make us very jelaous  :D :D :D

Horn would be nice too, but IMHO combination carbon fiber - damascus would be somewhat high tech to traditional knife...  :think: :think:

yeah they do have there tradition to hold onto  :D these arnt hightec knives, pretty basic but very cool  :tu: and almost elegant  :D
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2011, 03:39:49 PM »

yeah they do have there tradition to hold onto  :D these arnt hightec knives, pretty basic but very cool  :tu: and almost elegant  :D

I agree... When you just take a look at it, and it's simplicity... There is no other word that can come on mind then genius!! Pure genius!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Zed gb

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2011, 03:41:41 PM »

I agree... When you just take a look at it, and it's simplicity... There is no other word that can come on mind then genius!! Pure genius!

:tu: joseph had a good idea with this knife, and his dad didnt think it would sell  :D
No Life Club Posts: 3,495 Benner fan club #003
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2011, 04:38:49 PM »
Opiemods

Two bladed No.8 and a carbon steel blade swap in a No.8 Olivewood handle.

Zed gb

« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2011, 05:54:03 PM »
Opiemods (Image removed from quote.)

Two bladed No.8 and a carbon steel blade swap in a No.8 Olivewood handle.

:drool:  they are cool, great idea, i did see a mod with a custom handle with a saw the other end, but after seeing yours i guess you could keep the saw thae same way  :tu:
No Life Club Posts: 4,236 I just don't know what went wrong.
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2011, 05:58:38 PM »
Mein gott Spork! Why must you ruin everything with your silly modding?! :ahhh

Now dispose of all those silly mods to my mailing address...

Got those frog legs.
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2011, 12:20:33 AM »
:drool:  they are cool, great idea, i did see a mod with a custom handle with a saw the other end, but after seeing yours i guess you could keep the saw thae same way  :tu:

The folding saw shares the same size Virobloc ring with the No.12 knife. I've been thinking of doing a double blade setup with those. The downside might be handling comfort though.

Here's something that may be of interest using a No.12 - Creating a Folding Bushcraft Knife

Zed gb

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2011, 09:37:58 AM »

The folding saw shares the same size Virobloc ring with the No.12 knife. I've been thinking of doing a double blade setup with those. The downside might be handling comfort though.

Here's something that may be of interest using a No.12 - Creating a Folding Bushcraft Knife

very nice sporky  :drool: i get what your saying about comfort though  :-\ i like the new profile on that #12 thanks for posting it up mate  :salute:
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2011, 03:52:50 PM »
The handle you see is only found on the saw...the N0.12 knife handle follows the same pattern as the other knives.
Jr. Member Posts: 67
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2011, 04:38:21 PM »

Aww Yeah.
Global Moderator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 19,999 I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2011, 07:57:58 PM »
There are some with coloured handles too.

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $600.10
PayPal Fees: $35.45
Net Balance: $564.65
Above Goal: $289.65
Site Currency: USD
205% 
June Donations

Community Links