Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Poncho's Attempt at the Trad Folder Badge

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Poncho's Attempt at the Trad Folder Badge
Reply #181 on: November 02, 2016, 10:01:14 PM
New page banana man dance

:nanadance:       :nanadance:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #182 on: November 02, 2016, 10:04:24 PM
"6" always indicates bone or Delrin.

There are a few of use with 6231 1/2 Cases around here.  Mine is actually a 31 SAB (sabre blade) with black Delrin scales.  They have pretty stout springs.

Yes the springs are very strong but not as bad of a nail breaker as some :D I don't know if you can see it in the pic but Case is misstamped on the main blade as CASI XX :cheers: Someone has tried to scratch the I to look like an E but it is stamped deep and is definitely an I :tu: Don't know if that would help or hurt the value though :think: Gonna keep it either way so really makes no never mind to me :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #183 on: November 02, 2016, 10:04:47 PM
Also thanks for the info on the 6 :salute:

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #184 on: November 03, 2016, 04:14:08 AM
"6" always indicates bone or Delrin.

There are a few of use with 6231 1/2 Cases around here.  Mine is actually a 31 SAB (sabre blade) with black Delrin scales.  They have pretty stout springs.

Yes the springs are very strong but not as bad of a nail breaker as some :D I don't know if you can see it in the pic but Case is misstamped on the main blade as CASI XX :cheers: Someone has tried to scratch the I to look like an E but it is stamped deep and is definitely an I :tu: Don't know if that would help or hurt the value though :think: Gonna keep it either way so really makes no never mind to me :D

I noticed it looks odd.  Pretty unique, I'd say!

Look back at the post you quoted.  I added some stuff while you were quoting me.
- Terry

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #185 on: November 03, 2016, 02:37:16 PM
"6" is supposed to indicate jigged bone or Delrin, according to Shephard Hills.  However, that is obviously not jigged.  It appears to be smooth red bone to me.

See here: https://www.casexx.com/Library/Secret.asp

I do know that the knife is from at least the 60s because my dad was born in 56 and he was 8 or 10 when he found it and it was in pretty.much that shape when he found it :tu: It doesn't look like the jigging would be worn off but you never know :shrug: I just always took this as a smooth handled knife from the factory :D

Also Thanks for the link :tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #186 on: November 03, 2016, 06:45:22 PM
Day 25 I have with me today a Tree Brand Boker 4 blade carbon steel congress made in Germany :tu: This knife is another from my Dad that I got from him with several other knives few years back :cheers: I am not sure about the history of this knife and it could have been my grandfathers knife :tu: I really need to ask my Dad about this I guess :facepalm: Still a nice knife with a lot of use in it but I wish the original emblem was still in it as they were bad to fall out and I have seen several knives with both the shield in and out of them :ahhh I am thinking that my Dad did tell me this knife was from at least the 60s as well :tu:

You can barely make the tree out on the tang along with Boker Soligen Germany :tu:

us Offline SteelRaven

• Steel is a mystical thing!!
Reply #187 on: November 03, 2016, 08:24:31 PM
 :like:
"As a matter of Survival, all creatures are fair game"

Les Stroud.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #189 on: November 03, 2016, 09:00:25 PM
Another nice one that could tell some stories I'm sure.  :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #190 on: November 03, 2016, 09:39:46 PM
Another nice one that could tell some stories I'm sure.  :like:

Would be nice to hear them :cheers: Just wonder what all it has seen and done :dd:

us Offline Dean51

• No Life Club
  • Geometry cuts but the steel determines how long.
Reply #191 on: November 03, 2016, 10:16:01 PM
A day late but really like the old Case  :tu: :tu:

us Offline SteelRaven

Reply #192 on: November 04, 2016, 06:30:21 PM
I've heard people say stuff like, "those old carbon steel Bokers and Cases go dull in my pocket.

My first question is...what are you doin in your pocket to dull 3 or 4 blades at once?? :rofl:

I guess a razor sharp edge is a thinner piece of metal than the back of a blade, so it's easier to corrode.

That's why I carry a small ceramic ROD...you'd be surprised how handy that is....

Good stuff EL PONCHO...

I was gonna do this...and thought, I don't have 30 TFs to depict...DAGNABBITT!!

Les Stroud.

us Offline David

Reply #193 on: November 04, 2016, 06:52:26 PM
Day 25 I have with me today a Tree Brand Boker 4 blade carbon steel congress made in Germany :tu: This knife is another from my Dad that I got from him with several other knives few years back :cheers: I am not sure about the history of this knife and it could have been my grandfathers knife :tu: I really need to ask my Dad about this I guess :facepalm: Still a nice knife with a lot of use in it but I wish the original emblem was still in it as they were bad to fall out and I have seen several knives with both the shield in and out of them :ahhh I am thinking that my Dad did tell me this knife was from at least the 60s as well :tu:

You can barely make the tree out on the tang along with Boker Soligen Germany :tu:

iiiiiieeeee how yal are?    :D

Poncho I'm not seeing any pics for some reason.
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #194 on: November 04, 2016, 08:09:30 PM

Yeah I think that photobucket is messed up today :rant: I can't even login to upload anything :facepalm: If the problem is still persistent by the time I get home I will just attach them to my post :D

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #195 on: November 04, 2016, 08:52:59 PM
PB has been a total $hitshow lately  :rant:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #196 on: November 04, 2016, 09:02:44 PM
Poncho B is not that bad :)
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline SteelRaven

Reply #197 on: November 04, 2016, 10:52:17 PM

DAVID!! I'm GLAD FOR YOU TO SEE ME I GAURONTEEEE !! :rofl:

Think somebody used photobucket to feed dem pea eye gee hog er somethin!

Les Stroud.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #198 on: November 04, 2016, 10:57:27 PM
Poncho B is not that bad :)

A-Z are all kinda screwy :D That's why I am in the numbers baby 8)

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #199 on: November 04, 2016, 11:03:53 PM
66 next year ?
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #200 on: November 04, 2016, 11:13:13 PM
Day 26 Well we have here a cracked ice handled Bull and Bear Buck Creek 4 blade congress in carbon steel :cheers: Another that was my dad's that he carried as you can tell from the pen blade he tried to use as a screwdriver :facepalm: :D I have one that is yellow handled that is just like this one that was bought at the same time and my Pa (mother's father) also had a red handled one that I need to see if dad has that one or not because they were all bought together and I believe I received this at Christmas when I was a young teenager :tu: Another great pocketable knife that may cause the yellow handled one of mine to see some pocket time later on :tu: Reason it is a Bear and Bull is that the tang of each blade has a bear and bull stamped as well as the words on each one :cheers: I had a pic of this but it wasn't great so it didn't make it in the final cut :D You can probably see it in the pic with the blades out though :cheers:

[/url]

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #201 on: November 04, 2016, 11:13:57 PM
66 next year ?

Been 65 for over 20 years and I see no reason to change now :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #202 on: November 04, 2016, 11:14:55 PM
Guess I have a flickr account now and will see how that goes :D

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #203 on: November 05, 2016, 02:57:34 AM
Guess I have a flickr account now and will see how that goes :D
Please do! I've been thinking of ditching Imgur, its been a real bear lately
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline SteelRaven

Reply #204 on: November 05, 2016, 06:59:58 AM
Day 26 Well we have here a cracked ice handled Bull and Bear Buck Creek 4 blade congress in carbon steel :cheers: Another that was my dad's that he carried as you can tell from the pen blade he tried to use as a screwdriver :facepalm: :D I have one that is yellow handled that is just like this one that was bought at the same time and my Pa (mother's father) also had a red handled one that I need to see if dad has that one or not because they were all bought together and I believe I received this at Christmas when I was a young teenager :tu: Another great pocketable knife that may cause the yellow handled one of mine to see some pocket time later on :tu: Reason it is a Bear and Bull is that the tang of each blade has a bear and bull stamped as well as the words on each one :cheers: I had a pic of this but it wasn't great so it didn't make it in the final cut :D You can probably see it in the pic with the blades out though :cheers:

(Image removed from quote.)[/url]

Cracked ice...GOOD on knife handles...BAD IF YOU BE ICE FISHING I GAURONTEEEE!!

Les Stroud.

us Offline David

Reply #205 on: November 05, 2016, 08:59:58 AM

DAVID!! I'm GLAD FOR YOU TO SEE ME I GAURONTEEEE !! :rofl:

:tu:    :D
Hold Fast

us Offline David

Reply #206 on: November 05, 2016, 09:05:11 AM
Poncho you got a lot of nice Congress pattern knives. I use to have a small four bladed fighting Rooster with stag handles. Its long gone. I always wanted a large  four blade Congress but for some unknown reason have never bought one.    :)
Hold Fast

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #207 on: November 05, 2016, 04:15:39 PM
Poncho you got a lot of nice Congress pattern knives. I use to have a small four bladed fighting Rooster with stag handles. Its long gone. I always wanted a large  four blade Congress but for some unknown reason have never bought one.    :)

On a side note Fighting Rooster brand was made in Lebanon Tennessee and we pass through and pick a guy up there every morning on the way to work :cheers: Also Lebanon is the birthplace or Cracker Barrel restaurant  :drool:

My wife says I am full of useless information but I have no idea what she means as most of it comes in handy from time to time :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #208 on: November 06, 2016, 01:55:22 AM
Day 27 I have for you today a knife that was bought from a local man who had this knife and many more made :cheers: It is a local brand called Standing Stone Cutlery :tu: He had these knife made with the brand name on them and the emblem is that of the Standing Stone in my hometown Monterey, Tennessee. It is a monument that was setup after the railroad came through in the 1800s and took dynamite to a giant bear or wolf carved out of a large stone that was in there way :facepalm: Someone from the town which I guess was before there was a town got a piece of the carving and had a monument setup to pay homage to it :tu: Monterey was called Standing Stone before it became Monterey and I can't say I know when the change was made but it was before or around at least 1900 ;) The knife has Cookeville, Tennessee as where it was made as the man that had them made was from there :cheers:
A link for a State Park around home that is named after the same monument on wikipedia :tu:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standing_Stone_State_Park

The knife is a jigged bone handle 2 blade stainless steel small Canoe :cheers:My dad bought this and a few more from the man a few years ago at CHristmas time and he gave me this one :like: Hopefully you can see the emblem in the last pic that is on the tang :cheers:

I think tomorrow while I am at his house if I think to I am going to ask him to see the other ones he bought as well :tu:

20161105_104048 by Philip Geer, on Flickr

20161105_104055 by Philip Geer, on Flickr

20161105_103922 by Philip Geer, on Flickr

20161105_103959 by Philip Geer, on Flickr

20161105_104117 by Philip Geer, on Flickr

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #209 on: November 06, 2016, 05:09:07 AM
Great pics buddy   :cheers: 

Donations