Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Whats the most amount of knives you've carried?

Aloha · 49 · 2017

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Whats the most amount of knives you've carried?
Reply #30 on: February 28, 2020, 03:20:51 AM
Not counting my MTs--10. One instance was at the flea market, and I had basically every pocket in my carpenter's jeans filled with at least one knife after a few purchases. Other times were showing off a few to friends.

When I went camping; I overloaded. When I left the house, on my person was a Gerber Multiplier, Vic Classic SD,  and a Spyderco UKPK. In my tacklebox was a Mora Clipper and a Victorinox Craftsman (which ended up basically being what I kept on me the whole trip). In my pack was a couple traditional folders and a Utica Kutmaster Multimaster (repair kit tool) with its bit kit. Today, to tell the truth, I'd probably just take one small SAK; leaving the fixe in the tacklebox, and an MT in the repair kit with the bit set (probably my Rebar) paracord, and duct tape.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #31 on: February 29, 2020, 01:58:30 PM
Not counting my MTs--10. One instance was at the flea market, and I had basically every pocket in my carpenter's jeans filled with at least one knife after a few purchases. Other times were showing off a few to friends.

When I went camping; I overloaded. When I left the house, on my person was a Gerber Multiplier, Vic Classic SD,  and a Spyderco UKPK. In my tacklebox was a Mora Clipper and a Victorinox Craftsman (which ended up basically being what I kept on me the whole trip). In my pack was a couple traditional folders and a Utica Kutmaster Multimaster (repair kit tool) with its bit kit. Today, to tell the truth, I'd probably just take one small SAK; leaving the fixe in the tacklebox, and an MT in the repair kit with the bit set (probably my Rebar) paracord, and duct tape.

Same here, I always overload whenever I go car camping.  I remembered having closer to a dozen of sharps, consisting all kind of fixed blades and MTs/SAKs I want to play with or loan out.

za Offline Humayd A R Mahomedy

Reply #32 on: March 08, 2020, 06:56:37 AM
4 Saks,3 folders,a fixed blade

ca Offline armi101

Reply #33 on: March 12, 2020, 06:48:19 PM
This is an interesting thread. I don't like having a big bulky keychain so it's interesting reading people carry more than one on their keys. Mine are quite spartan by comparison.

On a typical day Ill carry one. Either a traditional or more normally a Sak. Most often a climber, model 1908 or an explorer.

Camping. Ill carry two. A fixed blade and a oho trekker. 

Hunting. I'll have a fixed Balde and a oho trekker. Then depending on how far from the basecamp or truck I'll have another fixed balde dedicated skinner in the pack and a multitool (Swiss tool or a Surge).

Fishing. I'll carry a old Leatherman wave on a neck lanyard.

Anything more would be an rarity for a specific purpose.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: March 12, 2020, 06:55:53 PM
 :salute:.  I keep my manager on my keychain and have for a good while now.  Its been there long enough to have forgotten about it at time honestly.  What I love about it is not only do I have a great little scissor but I also have a pen and essentially a scalpel ( main blade ).  Its small enough to use without a fuss being made over it and unobtrusive on my keys to not think about till needed or remembered. 

When I do carry other knives its likely just for fun and because I have more than then fella down the road.  My Explorer is usually enough but I've gotten out of using my SAK for food.  Its just something that has occurred with time I guess.  Having another blade then become fun and useful.  Probably more excuses I tell myself to carry more blades  ;).
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #35 on: July 19, 2021, 03:57:21 PM
Pemberton, Case Tribal Lock, Squirt, Manager, and Delica.  When I got home I unloaded my pockets  :D.  The Tribal lock is new to me so I wanted to see how it fits next to my wallet.  I'm carry my Pemberton everyday with the Squirt.  My manager has been a constant companion.  I decided to carry my Delica because we were gonna go to the plant nursery and I thought I was a good idea. 

Today I'll pack my Pemberton/Squirt, Case Trapper, Jumpmaster, and I'll have my Charge TTi on my work belt  :whistle:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #36 on: July 19, 2021, 04:06:59 PM
Better to carry too many than to be without....  :rofl:

(Today, just a GEC Trapper for me....but at least that is two blades.....)

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #37 on: July 19, 2021, 09:25:52 PM
Better to carry too many than to be without....  :rofl:

(Today, just a GEC Trapper for me....but at least that is two blades.....)

You can always let go extra weight to speed up, but you can't make them appear out of thin air when you may need them  :whistle: ;)
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

se Offline RF52

Reply #38 on: July 19, 2021, 10:07:25 PM
Good to see you again TP :salute:

Sent fra min M2002J9G via Tapatalk

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #39 on: July 20, 2021, 05:13:45 AM
 :iagree:

:waving:
Esse Quam Videri

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #40 on: July 20, 2021, 05:40:57 AM
Welcome back TP !    :cheers: :like: :tu:

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: July 22, 2021, 04:41:46 PM
As part of an actual carry, not including plier based multitools? Like 5 maybe?

-Cadet in slip

-Evowood Vic in belt pouch

And then a mixture of dedicated blades, including Spyderco UKPK, Kershaw Chill, Liong Mah #5 etc. I've always liked to carry heavy and would bring extra knives to flip and play with on evening shifts when I worked pretty much alone  :salute:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

us Offline LD5050

Reply #42 on: July 22, 2021, 05:12:46 PM
I always have 3 minimum on my person - a flipper in my right pocket that sees the most use, a utility knife (R.U.T.) or scalpel (3coil Puna) on my keychain, and a smll traditional folder or sak in my watch pocket as main backup. It only goes up from there, Sometimes an Atwood neck knife, and if I’m headed into the wilderness then a larger fixed blade. I don’t do the gaudy tacticool look whatsoever, so everything is always hidden and tucked. But I like having 3 or 4 blades on me at all times, and since 2 is 1 and 1 is none….
μολὼν λαβέ

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #43 on: July 22, 2021, 07:13:05 PM
I will take some small degree of credit for TP's glorious return.  Not much credit, but a little.   :salute: :salute:

As for blades, I may have several on me simultaneously, but none that I consider excessive.  Each has a role, at least in my twisted mind.

us Offline Adam5

Reply #44 on: July 22, 2021, 07:35:14 PM
I have been carrying 4 knives lately:
Southwire Edgeforce sheepsfoot, Gerber EAB, Classic SD, and a half Multiforce.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #45 on: July 22, 2021, 11:37:39 PM
 :tu: Today I had Kershaw Dimension, Charge TTi, Champion, Jumpmaster 2, Manager. 
Esse Quam Videri

de Offline Shuya

Reply #46 on: July 28, 2021, 12:16:41 PM
On my body?
Two for a long time.  A large OHO Folder (Spyderco Military, Benchmade Grippi, MT Mini Socom Elite for the most part) and then some SAK for the utility.

Overall?
Too many.  :D :twak: Usually have some "spare" or "forgotten" knives somewhere in my pack, bag, ...

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #48 on: July 30, 2021, 04:27:22 PM
 :hatsoff:

Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56