Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What do you Drive?

mvyrmnd · 1479 · 88797

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: What do you Drive?
Reply #1380 on: May 02, 2021, 12:52:56 AM
Hope this is the start of something better!

:cheers: :salute:

:iagree:
Esse Quam Videri

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #1381 on: May 02, 2021, 07:23:52 PM
Will be turning in the company car soon.

I've sent in my resignation.

Congrats on that big step.

So, now you’re a full time knife collector? :D
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1382 on: May 03, 2021, 08:24:49 AM
Congrats on that big step.

So, now you’re a full time knife collector? :D
Hehe :D

I'll be continuing down the path of electronical security.
Since this is a public forum, I can't tell anything else at this point...

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #1383 on: May 03, 2021, 09:21:08 AM
Electronic security...
Like...
Robocop?
That's an awesome job!

You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1384 on: May 03, 2021, 10:24:52 AM
More like...

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #1385 on: May 03, 2021, 10:28:45 AM
I know, and that's pretty cool too
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1386 on: May 03, 2021, 11:35:12 AM
:cheers:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #1387 on: May 03, 2021, 12:38:22 PM
Our primary car (in terms of use) is this 2010 Volvo V70:

(Image removed from quote.)

My other car is this 1991 Volvo 940 Turbo, which belonged to one of my best friends. He gave it to me a couple of weeks before he passed away.

We are in the Volvo wagon club too!  Megan picked up a 2011 Volvo XC 70 last month and loves it.  I'm a bit jealous if I'm honest, as it pretty much does anything and goes anywhere my big, manly Jeep does!   :ahhh

It's a very nice car and we are currently looking for roof racks for kayak duty!

(I'll get a pic posted asap!)

As for me, I'm still driving my big green Jeep, and at over 235,000kms (almost 150,000 miles), it is still going strong.  My transmission MAY be starting to have issues, so I'm probably going to have to put some money into it soon.  Still, at 235,000 kms, that kind of thing is to be expected.  Especially when you consider the type of work I've been doing with it over the years, and the towing and long trips I've made in it.  It hasn't been abused, but it hasn't had an easy life so far.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #1388 on: May 03, 2021, 12:45:28 PM
The KIA needed a new clutch after 33000 km, whereas the 1995 pajero has 220000  gets offroaded a lot and it is still on its factory clutch.
Conclusion - Buy an old Japanese car.....
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

fi Offline old Lefty

• No Life Club
  • Brick Bradford of multitool universe
Reply #1389 on: May 03, 2021, 01:09:58 PM
The KIA needed a new clutch after 33000 km, whereas the 1995 pajero has 220000  gets offroaded a lot and it is still on its factory clutch.

A clutch after 33kk, how on earth did that happen? Or are we talking about some kind of DCT here? I hope manufacturer did not even blink when picking up the tab
by this axe I rule

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #1390 on: May 03, 2021, 03:18:13 PM
Clutch is not covered by warranty same as brakes. nearly 800Euro cost. Regular transmission.
The ca is a third car mainly used for motorway driving
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #1391 on: May 03, 2021, 04:22:07 PM
Electronic security...
Like...
Robocop?
That's an awesome job!

Are you sure? Have you seen the training process, before you get to be in that armour?

:ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1392 on: May 03, 2021, 06:46:06 PM

Well, that just sucks.  33000 km should barely be worn in, not worn out.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

fi Offline old Lefty

• No Life Club
Reply #1393 on: May 03, 2021, 08:06:51 PM
Clutch is not covered by warranty same as brakes. nearly 800Euro cost. Regular transmission.
The ca is a third car mainly used for motorway driving
A manual tranny and motorways and clutch is toast after 33k? Bummer! Guess, I'll get a Kia then..

Lähetetty minun SM-T515 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

by this axe I rule

Reply #1394 on: May 03, 2021, 09:34:47 PM
We are in the Volvo wagon club too!  Megan picked up a 2011 Volvo XC 70 last month and loves it.  I'm a bit jealous if I'm honest, as it pretty much does anything and goes anywhere my big, manly Jeep does!   :ahhh

It's a very nice car and we are currently looking for roof racks for kayak duty!

(I'll get a pic posted asap!)

As for me, I'm still driving my big green Jeep, and at over 235,000kms (almost 150,000 miles), it is still going strong.  My transmission MAY be starting to have issues, so I'm probably going to have to put some money into it soon.  Still, at 235,000 kms, that kind of thing is to be expected.  Especially when you consider the type of work I've been doing with it over the years, and the towing and long trips I've made in it.  It hasn't been abused, but it hasn't had an easy life so far.

Def

Welcome to the Volvo wagon club  :cheers:

Hope it brings you and Megan a lot of safe and comfortable kms/miles!

^-- where the cat sits

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #1395 on: May 05, 2021, 10:24:48 AM
She's been after one for a while, bit finally found the "right" one.  It was everything she had hoped for, which we are glad for since there is nothing worse than anticipation and a let down when it finally happens.

She has experience with Volvos- her last car was an S60 (I think?), and while she loved it, she found it a bit underpowered (she nicknamed it Slo-Vo) and she wanted more room for dogs, camping gear etc.

Plopping herself into this one was like coming home and finding your house completely renovated and updated with all the stuff you wanted, but it still has the familiarity of home.   :D

I foresee many adventures in this car!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #1396 on: May 07, 2021, 03:01:21 PM
Volvo is okay in my book since they still build station wagons!  :woohoo:
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #1397 on: May 07, 2021, 03:50:19 PM
So after having my 2018 CR-V for a couple of months now, I can say that I absolutely love it!  It's comfortable, handles great, and I'm super happy with the fuel mileage!  The worst I've had is 7.8 L/100KM, but it's been averaging 7.2-7.4.  I'm still not really used to how a CVT transmission works, but it works, so there's that! ;)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #1398 on: May 07, 2021, 04:00:44 PM
I never owned one but kinda did, and did a lot of work on one! This isn’t it I don’t have any pics but my father-in-law and I had a 53 willys jeepsters overland, the inline 4 was frozen so that got pulled out and we ended up dropping in a 79 corvette v8 350, which let me tell you was fun! The exhaust was fun, the passenger side down and straight back, yet the driver side err, down, over, back, over, down again, then over, and then finally back all to avoid the steering shaft, brakes and other stuff! I remember when we first turned it over when we just put the engine in before we put the exhaust in, just put a few drips in the carb, ok, turn over! Boom, two fireballs to the floor, and one out the top, the old man was standing over top with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth puffing trying to out the fire out as I threw a rag on it, lol.. the funny thing was when I set up the fuel pump, as I ran the new wire I took out the old wire, but the old one stopped right under the seat, I was like huh? Come to find out there was a switch mounted to the floor so you could step on it so if anyone tried to start it without knowing it, it never would because it’s not getting fuel! Smart! It was fun working on that project, he had a 52 Ford pickup before, and after selling the Jeep I got a 66 Pontiac lemans, that was nasty! I’m sorry I don’t have any pics of any of these, but I will tell you what I did do with the 66, like in the movie “dazed and confused” I cleaned the trunk out made sure that it was totally unholy, then used truck bed liner for about 4 coats, thus could drop a few bags of ice cubes in and whatever drinks! Lol..
anyway, here’s what the willys overland jeep would have looked like, not the one we had..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1399 on: May 07, 2021, 05:25:15 PM
Not surprised about your CRV D Mack.  I've had friends who had them and loved them.  My partner almost got one but didn't need quite the space (so she thought) and got the HRV when it came out.  She loves it but realized a little more space would have been nice.

A friend of mine owns a Independent Honda service center and loves the CRV.  I have owned Honda in the past and have nothing but great things to say.  I also had Acura and same for that which I understand is a division of Honda.  I'm in a Toyota which is my first time.  I can't say anything bad about the brand at all.  I bought my daughter a Toyota Corolla. 

Not sure where I am going with this  :dunno: :facepalm:

Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #1400 on: July 03, 2021, 02:31:46 AM
I'm still surprised that something with as much space as it has, can still get the mileage it does!  The only thing I wish it had was a higher tow rating.  My trailer with mine and my sons ATV's loaded up is just about at it's max, and they're both small light quads, so if either of us upgrades to something newer (mine's a 97 Suzuki Kingquad 300, his is a 98 Honda 300) I'll be over the limit.  The last thing I want to do is push the limits of the CVT trans too!!

It's hard to beat a Toyota!  I'd happily own just about anything made by them!

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #1401 on: July 03, 2021, 02:56:17 AM
On the road again

And check out the Bear Proof dumpster in this shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fi Offline old Lefty

• No Life Club
What do you Drive?
Reply #1402 on: July 07, 2021, 07:37:23 PM
Inspired by kind words in Dean51-thread two recent snaps of my Allante:

I call her Aurora (I give names to cars and bikes, never to guns. To me, to name a gun requires Frank Hamer sized nuts and track record ;) ). In any case, this was a total failure for Cadillac and unloved by pretty much everyone. Needles to say, I just adore this car :)
Not a trailer Queen or show pony though, during summer months she sings for her supper

by this axe I rule

Reply #1403 on: July 11, 2021, 08:49:40 AM
Awesome car, Lefty!  :hatsoff:

^-- where the cat sits

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #1404 on: July 14, 2021, 05:46:01 AM
What year is your Allante?
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #1405 on: July 14, 2021, 11:08:45 AM

C'mon, man! You don't ask a lady her age!

:facepalm: :twak: :twak:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

fi Offline old Lefty

• No Life Club
Reply #1406 on: July 14, 2021, 11:56:55 AM
’88.

And thank you Glenfiddich!

by this axe I rule

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #1407 on: July 24, 2021, 08:40:11 PM
It's time for the Focus to get traded in, one issue after another, it's now 14, (2007) and I've had a good run for the past 8 years I've owned it, I've only put about 30k kms on it in that time...

I have eyes on a few second hand Audi A3 Sportbacks. :drool: I am seriously giving second thoughts on a long term rental/lease, where I have as little to worry about as possible; Here in France it's LLD (long term rental) or LOA (rental with option to buy) apart from standard financing options.

I don't need something for lots of KMs apart from a few road trips a year back to Spain (~2000km/each) I'm at a point where I can both afford something nicer, and want comfort overall.

Finding it tough to choose between something a little more budget friendly that will still get us around town (and be easy to park in the crazy place we live), yet be fine on a longer road trip, or just go for luxury out of the gate. :ahhh :think:
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1408 on: July 24, 2021, 10:40:34 PM
Tricky isn't it?  :-\  Also throw in the electric/hybrid options and the choices seem endless.  :ahhh  We're just starting to think about replacing my wife Fiesta and really feel lost as what drive system we want, let alone a specific brand or model.  We've always bought young second hand before but this might be the time to look at long leases. 
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #1409 on: July 25, 2021, 11:56:57 AM
Tricky isn't it?  :-\  Also throw in the electric/hybrid options and the choices seem endless.  :ahhh  We're just starting to think about replacing my wife Fiesta and really feel lost as what drive system we want, let alone a specific brand or model.  We've always bought young second hand before but this might be the time to look at long leases.

Truth. There are government funded bonuses that can help, and I should be eligible if I choose a hybrid/electric vehicle, since I would be handing in a 10+ year old diesel in exchange.

However even with that I am not comfortable with forking out so much or for long term when the technology is still in flux state, unless it's not such a large amount or long term commitment like a couple year lease.

Longer I go, the more options that seem to appear :ahhh
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31
Site Currency: USD
26%