Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Social Media Stuff

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Re: Social Media Stuff
Reply #510 on: May 30, 2022, 05:50:10 PM
Stubby, but sexy.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #511 on: May 30, 2022, 07:30:40 PM

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #512 on: May 30, 2022, 09:37:12 PM
I am really impressed by this unit.  Not to say anything bad about CRKT, a company that I really like, but they do have a tendency to take good designs and build them down to a certain price point.

This one actually seems like it was made by people who know what they are doing, from parts meant to go together, and materials that weren't selected by price.

I paid more than I normally would for this one, and I am actually quite pleased with it.  The fit and finish is exceptional.

Now, whether it stays that way is another story, but for now, it exemplifies all of the things we all appreciate about higher end tools.

I am VERY impressed with this one.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #513 on: May 31, 2022, 03:19:26 PM
Multitools come in all different shapes, sizes and functions- like this KeySmart Pro, which, as you can see is well used!

The Pro version not only holds my keys, but it also includes a small flashlight and a Tile branded tracker in case you misplace them.

And you can add pieces to increase its function, like the flash drive in the picture- read all about the Keysmart Pro on our forum!  https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,81717.0.html

@keysmart @keysmartinc @tile #keysmart #keysmartpro #Tile #tiletracker #keychaintool #multitool #multitooldotorg #flashlight #edcflashlight #edclight #flashdrive

* 16540031179961.jpg (Filesize: 297.73 KB)

* 16540031179560.jpg (Filesize: 301.98 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #514 on: May 31, 2022, 05:31:58 PM
I have a camo one but it isn't the Pro and use it for a lot of keys for work :cheers:

Been going strong for close to 3 years now and the camo had worn off quite a bit but otherwise perfectly functional  :tu:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #515 on: May 31, 2022, 06:56:55 PM
Yeah, the logo is barely visible on mine, as you can see (or not!) from my photos!  Also, the plastic has cracked in a few spots, but so far it has kept working.

My biggest gripe about it is that there is no way to see what the battery level is like, and the few times I have wanted to use the Tile, the battery was dead.  Overall it has been very good to me and I would probably buy another one, which is high praise indeed, considering that I generally don't like this kind of arrangement.  Remember the Key Ninja?

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,70041.0.html

No, probably not, as the Key Ninja probably hypnotized you into forgetting it was ever there.... 

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #516 on: June 01, 2022, 01:35:06 PM
This Victorinox model is not a Swiss Army Knife as it has no knife, or indeed any of the tools normally found on a typical Swiss Army style knife!

This 1gb Swiss Flight Flash is the later version of the original Swiss Memory line and features a removable 1 gigabyte flash drive and that's it.  Other Swiss Flash models were available with different features.

Read all about the various Swiss Flash and Swiss Memory versions, only at SAKWiki.com!  https://sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Victorinox+Flash

@Victorinox #victorinox #victorinoxflashdrive #flashdrive #usbdrive #victorinoxalox #alox #sakwiki #swissarmyknights #swissarmyknives #swissarmyknife #tsafriendly

* 16540830670231.jpg (Filesize: 109.24 KB)

* 16540830669820.jpg (Filesize: 131.18 KB)

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #517 on: June 01, 2022, 03:46:43 PM
Never saw one of the USB SAKs in Alox before. I like it!  :tu:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #518 on: June 01, 2022, 07:13:50 PM
Yeah, it is very cool indeed.

This particular one was being given away at SHOT a number of years ago with catalogue and stuff loaded on it.  I'll have to plug it in and see what goodies may still be on it.

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #519 on: June 02, 2022, 12:44:59 PM
We talk an awful lot about Swiss Army Knives around here, but what is going on in the US?  Well, there's this USMC Milk knife from Imperial- how's that?

It was called the Milk knife because of the original military item number (MIL-K-818-D) or MILitary Knife 818-D.  This particular kn8fe was produced in 1974, which is important to me, because so was I.

Read about this valuable knife and a lot more in our Edged Tools section!  https://forum.multitool.org/index.php?board=29.0

@imperial_blades_and_knives #Imperial #imperialknives #usmc #usmcknife #marines #militaryissue #multitool #multitooldotorg #1974 #birthyear #milkknife #forum

* 16541664490141.jpg (Filesize: 216.11 KB)

* 16541664490522.jpg (Filesize: 210.99 KB)

* 16541664489330.jpg (Filesize: 192.32 KB)

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #520 on: June 02, 2022, 04:58:58 PM
Nice Imperial Demo knife Grant  :tu:

Also known as the Demo knife. Demo knives for the army were marked US and the Marine knives were marked  with USMC.

These were made by a few different companies although Camillus made by far the most.

USMC

ncmQZc4l.jpg
* ncmQZc4l.jpg (Filesize: 46.68 KB)

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #521 on: June 02, 2022, 05:00:33 PM
Here's my Birth year Demo or MIL-K knife    :tu:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #522 on: June 02, 2022, 06:50:48 PM
Nice Imperial Demo knife Grant  :tu:

Also known as the Demo knife. Demo knives for the army were marked US and the Marine knives were marked  with USMC.

These were made by a few different companies although Camillus made by far the most.

USMC

[ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]  

[ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]

Thanks for the info!

Camillus is the first brand I think of when I think of this knife and when I realized it was an Imperial knife I had to quickly recheck the info I'd posted.   :facepalm:

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #523 on: June 03, 2022, 01:44:04 PM
I was a little more sure about the details of today's knife!   :D

Those who remember Scibeer Bill and have seen his work up close will agree- the man was a knife modifying legend!  Look at those hand peened pins!

This knife came from my request to have an ALOX Huntsman with HAIII coated scales.  The Hard Anodizing process destroys all color, but these scales are virtually impervious to harm- I know, as I watched someone grate a quarter on the textured handles once because they didn't believe me!

Wherever you are today Bill, your friends miss you and hope you are doing well!  Meanwhile, we will keep the spirit going in the Mod Squad forum! https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/board,16.0.html

#victorinox #swissarmyknives #swissarmyknife #swissarmyknights #swissarmyknifemod #swissarmyknifemods #knifemod #knifemods #multitool #multitooldotorg #victorinoxalox #alox #moddedvictorinox #moddedswissarmyknife

* 16542565356790.jpg (Filesize: 240.96 KB)

* 16542565357291.jpg (Filesize: 193.22 KB)

* 16542565357742.jpg (Filesize: 197.79 KB)

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #524 on: June 03, 2022, 04:05:19 PM
I was a little more sure about the details of today's knife!   :D

Those who remember Scibeer Bill and have seen his work up close will agree- the man was a knife modifying legend!  Look at those hand peened pins!

This knife came from my request to have an ALOX Huntsman with HAIII coated scales.  The Hard Anodizing process destroys all color, but these scales are virtually impervious to harm- I know, as I watched someone grate a quarter on the textured handles once because they didn't believe me!

Wherever you are today Bill, your friends miss you and hope you are doing well!  Meanwhile, we will keep the spirit going in the Mod Squad forum! https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/board,16.0.html

#victorinox #swissarmyknives #swissarmyknife #swissarmyknights #swissarmyknifemod #swissarmyknifemods #knifemod #knifemods #multitool #multitooldotorg #victorinoxalox #alox #moddedvictorinox #moddedswissarmyknife

Isn't that a Farmer X?...

:think: :think:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #525 on: June 03, 2022, 08:07:44 PM
Maybe now, but it wasn't back then.

Def

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #526 on: June 04, 2022, 04:44:40 PM
Scibeer beat Vic to the punch many many years before they came out with the Farmer X :ahhh :like: :like:

Always great to see his work :salute:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #527 on: June 05, 2022, 05:32:26 AM
 :iagree: :tu:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #528 on: June 05, 2022, 10:51:48 PM
Scibeer beat Vic to the punch many many years before they came out with the Farmer X :ahhh :like: :like:

Always great to see his work :salute:

We are the trendsetters.

We foresaw several SAK models.

We modded several models that Leatherman eventually put into production.

Gerber put the Shard into production and discontinued the 2D Phillips due to poor feedback here.

And, for the fun of it, I introduced Ray Kirk to the people at CRKT which resulted in the KERT being produced.

Never underestimate the power of MTO!

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #529 on: June 06, 2022, 05:02:03 PM
What do you get when you mix tactical and rescue knives together?  Simple- you get a Seber 1575!

This tool features a pocket clip, one handed opening blade, strap cutter and glass breaker, but the coolest thing about it is the blade lock mechanism, that allows the blade to be locked open, closed, or at any point in its arc!

Learn more about cool Seber tools on the forum!  https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,16902.0.html

#seber #sebertech #sebertool #seber1575 #multitooldotorg #multitool #multitoolforum #rescuetool #tacticalknife #pocketknife #rescueknife #rescuetool

* 16545272170313.jpg (Filesize: 155.54 KB)

* 16545272171004.jpg (Filesize: 151.31 KB)

* 16545272168870.jpg (Filesize: 181.82 KB)

* 16545272169431.jpg (Filesize: 189.93 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #530 on: June 06, 2022, 05:02:32 PM
And one more as a bonus!

Def

* 16545272169732.jpg (Filesize: 171.5 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #531 on: June 07, 2022, 04:19:16 PM
Time to take a closer look at one of my favorite EDC items- the MTO Million Post Second Generation Leatherman Surge in black Oxide!

The Second Generation Surge was introduced in 2013 as an upgrade to the original model, and featured (among other things!) replaceable wire cutter inserts.

Read all about the Surge in the Multitool Encyclopedia, only at Multitool.org!  https://wiki.multitool.org/tiki-index.php?page=Surge

@leathermancanada @leathermantools #Leatherman #leathermansurge #leathermansurge2 #blackoxide #blackoxidetools #Surge #secondgeneration #multitool #multitooldotorg #multitoolencyclopedia #edctool #edc

* 16546114813180.jpg (Filesize: 287.14 KB)

* 16546114813751.jpg (Filesize: 265.52 KB)

* 16546114814162.jpg (Filesize: 308.11 KB)

* 16546114814553.jpg (Filesize: 283.79 KB)

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #532 on: June 08, 2022, 05:27:47 AM
 :like: :tu:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #533 on: June 08, 2022, 01:19:06 PM
One of several variants in my collection, this Wenger was originally called the Mini Grip and was later called the Pocket Grip.

Available with needle nose nose and blunt nose (seen here) fixed head, spring loaded pliers, the Pocket Grip also features a bit carrier for six standard 1/4" bits, bit driver, serrated blade and the usual array of Swiss Army Knife functions.

Learn all about the Pocket Grip/Mini Grip with SAKWiki.com!  https://sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Wenger+PocketGrip

@wenger_official #Wenger #wengerpocketgrip #wengerswissgrip #sak #sakwiki #swissarmyknives #swissarmyknife #swissarmyknights #swissgrip #minigrip #wengerknives #wengersak #wengerswissarmyknife

* 16546868400770.jpg (Filesize: 181.81 KB)

* 16546868401031.jpg (Filesize: 181.43 KB)

* 16546868401352.jpg (Filesize: 184.23 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #534 on: June 08, 2022, 02:41:52 PM
Love the 1 millionn Post, Surge :like:

Always love the Wenger Pocket Grips as well :dd: :like:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #535 on: June 09, 2022, 05:59:04 PM
Thanks, those are some of my favorites too!

Tool designs keep getting more and more complex with fancier options  locking mechanisms, materials and so on, but the Gerber Prybrid shows us that simple designs shouldn't be overlooked!

Using a sliding, replaceable, standard utility blade in a steel frame that ends in a small pry bar/flathead screwdrivers and wire stripper, and sandwiched between two slabs of G10, the Prybrid Utility really has to leave designers all over the world scratching their heads and wondering "Why didn't I think of that?"

Find info about the Prybrid and other cool Gerber designs in our dedicated Gerber forum!  https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/board,21.0.html

@gerbergear #Gerber #gerberprybrid #gerberprybridutility #prybrid #prybridutility #g10 #g10scales #multitooldotorg #multitool #multitool #multitoolforum #whydidntithinkofthat

* 16547901886540.jpg (Filesize: 282.3 KB)

* 16547901887111.jpg (Filesize: 264.36 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #536 on: June 10, 2022, 01:00:15 PM
To be honest, I still believe the Tread, real or otherwise, is worthless jewelry.  I have 4 or 5 of them now (yeah yeah) in both categories and I haven't found any of them to be worthwhile.

We don't like to promote knockoffs, fakes and copies, and this blatant rip off of the Leatherman Tread is no exception.

While I thought the gold color looked cool, the reality is that it scratches off so quickly and easily that it really isn't worth getting, even knowing it is a fake.  The only good thing about this knockoff is that it doesn't actually say Leatherman like many do.

Learn how to spot cheap Tread knockoffs here: https://multitool.org/news/how-to-tell-a-fake-tread-from-a-real-leatherman

@leathermantools @leathermancanada @leathermanuk @leathermanau #Leatherman #leathermantread #Tread #fakeleatherman #faketread #knockoff #cheapknockoff #cheapknockoffs #multitooldotorg #multitool #bracelet

* 16548585392360.jpg (Filesize: 272.16 KB)

* 16548585392631.jpg (Filesize: 284.69 KB)

* 16548585392952.jpg (Filesize: 199.44 KB)

* 16548585393443.jpg (Filesize: 284.68 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #537 on: June 13, 2022, 12:52:20 PM
Every day I write something cool about the tool I've posted, but there really isn't much to say about Leatherman's Squirt P4 other than "it's a good tool and it works."

Like it's sister models, the S4 and the E4 the P4is just a solid little tool that you can hang on your keys or keep in a purse or pocket until you need it.  There's nothing fancy about it (other than the variety of colors it comes in!) which, if you think about it, it exactly what you want in a tool.

Read (not much!) about the Squirt P4 with the Multitool Encyclopedia, only at Multitool.org!  https://wiki.multitool.org/tiki-index.php?page=Squirt+P4

@leathermantools @leathermancanada @leathermanuk #Leatherman #leathermansquirt #leathermansquirtp4 #squirt #squirtseries #squirtp4 #multitool #multitooldotorg #multitoolencyclopedia #keychaintool #edc #edctool #tooloftheday

* 16551174500590.jpg (Filesize: 155.97 KB)

* 16551174500901.jpg (Filesize: 140.63 KB)

* 16551174501242.jpg (Filesize: 139.96 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #538 on: June 14, 2022, 12:36:08 PM
Today we look at a very special Swiss Army Knife- a version of the Wenger Evo 14 with Soft Touch or Tactile scales.

This version differs from the standard Evo 14 with a set of textured scales that feel quite nice- it feels soft while still being rigid plastic, and also increases grip.  Further, it also swaps the typical Wenger drop point blade for a clip point version, similar to the one found in the Swiss Buck series.

For more information on this beautiful tool, check out SAKWiki.com!  https://sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=EVO+14

@wenger_official @wengerdeutschland #Wenger #wengerevo14 #wengerswissarmyknife #wengersofttouch #wengertactile #Tactile #softtouch #swissarmyknives #swissarmyknights #swissarmyknife #sakwiki

* 16552016456750.jpg (Filesize: 129.12 KB)

* 16552016457191.jpg (Filesize: 137.87 KB)

* 16552016457762.jpg (Filesize: 140.58 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #539 on: June 15, 2022, 02:11:41 PM
When it comes to keychain tools, Gerber really does come prepared!  This long discontinued Solstice is a great example.

Similar I'm design to Swiss*Tech's Micro Technician line, the Solstice is an excellent set of folding, spring loaded scissors with fold out can and bottle openers and screwdriver ends on the handles!

If you want to know more (and why wouldn't you?) check out this review on the only forum you'll ever need!  https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,3189.0.html

@gerbergear #Gerber #gerbersolstice #solstice #gerbermultitools #multitool #multitooldotorg #keychaintool #scissors #forum #multitoolforum #edc #edctool

* 16552933484740.jpg (Filesize: 133.68 KB)

* 16552933485321.jpg (Filesize: 141.29 KB)

* 16552933486772.jpg (Filesize: 147.79 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%