Multitool.org Forum
+-

Recent Posts

General Tool Discussion / Re: Flashlight Challenge - June 2024
« Last post by Explorer on Today at 04:14:39 AM »
🔦 DAY 02 🔦

today carried a Manker striker mini this light has the most extreme strike bezel of any light I've got. it's literally sharp like a a bunch of mini knives.

it's quite the little thrower for a 14500 battery

more beamshots!  :ahhh

Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: Alox Addict 30 Day Challenge - June 2024
« Last post by Tuisto on Today at 04:01:05 AM »
I used the awl to scrape some of the gunk of a medical patch off my side. I figured I'd save you guys the horror of seeing that. So here I am 'sharpening a pencil'.
Watch it! / Re: New offering from Casio
« Last post by Farmer X on Today at 04:00:58 AM »
I don't need things that outperform me.
Luckily for folks like us, there are still quite a few basic G-Shocks available. My DW-5600E tells time and has a single alarm, a countdown timer, and a stopwatch. There isn't much else to worry about.
Edged Tools / Re: Giants of June/Big Blades Challenge - June 2024
« Last post by Farmer X on Today at 03:50:00 AM »
Post-election jitters here...
Your elections are held over the weekend? In the States, they're nearly always on a Tuesday.

Here's a single blade 65 pattern Case Folding Hunter in CV steel.
With a nice patina, I might add! :like:

It was once common to see these for sale many places, including Walmart.
I think some still carry fixed blade Bucks. You won't find any such things at the Meijer nearest my house, though. :twak:

Another great day, y'awl!

Day 2

Today the No. 12 was on apple cutting duty.

Granny Smith apples are pretty good with salt. I tried one piece with chipotle powder. I'm not sure if I did my usual and applied it with a heavy hand, or it's one of those things that wasn't meant to be.

The No. 12 also served as a steak knife tonight. It should be well on its way to developing a sweet patina....but it's a nail ripper. I need to figure out a better way to oil the pivot point.
« Last post by Farmer X on Today at 03:34:16 AM »
Y'awl are hard to keep up with. That's a sign that the challenge is fantastic! :tu:

Day 2

Blue is the Alox color least represented in my collection. Here's an example of smooth blue Alox.

I intended that this one would be a carrier, but I'm increasingly hesitant to carry anything discontinued or limited.

Hopefully the photo will show clearly enough that the prop is a steel penny. Another benefit to the props: they'll show that the photos aren't archival. :)
Swiss Army Knights Forum / Re: SAKs & Coffee
« Last post by Farmer X on Today at 03:23:59 AM »
Great SAK with a spiffy fob! :like: Not that I'm biased or anything... :whistle:
Leatherman Tools / Re: What is being carried today ?
« Last post by Farmer X on Today at 03:18:54 AM »
The Rebar is awlways a great choice! :tu: (Mine found its way to the Czech Republic; I should get another eventually.) I think the Case is a 47; am I correct?
« Last post by Farmer X on Today at 03:14:11 AM »
I'm already seeing brands I've never heard of before!
I hope you're not too deep into the Flashlight Rabbit Hole!

This radio has a little flashlight built in.
I have a Baofeng that's similarly equipped. If I hit the wrong button at the wrong time, it'll strobe.

Though I'm not participating, I am following with interest. I'll post a photo of every flashlight I can find in this house before the challenge is over.
« Last post by BPRoberts on Today at 03:03:20 AM »
Day 2

This radio has a little flashlight built in. It's not very good, and it can't be doing the battery any favors, but an extra backup is an extra backup.
« Last post by Sos24 on Today at 02:29:22 AM »
Day 2
A Rancher X helped with some outdoor yard work

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26