Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What do we have on the way?

Benner · 26149 · 1383046

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: What do we have on the way?
Reply #25230 on: August 11, 2020, 11:56:22 PM
I've seen the Remington Bullets  :tu: very nice knives.  While I like the little knives I would like just a little more reach in some instances. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Captain Hook

• Don't read this......You rebel you ;)
Reply #25231 on: August 12, 2020, 05:13:16 AM
A victorinox executive is on it's way! 8)
~Formerly _MattGyver_ ~

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #25232 on: August 12, 2020, 05:43:57 AM
I wrote the guy who’s sending me the saguaro wood staff and apparently it’s been sent and should be here by the end of the week,, I so can’t wait!!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

Offline wdjcb

Reply #25233 on: August 12, 2020, 02:52:51 PM
A SAK Pioneer Pruner (Swiss Army 2)--simple EDC knife with a pruning blade for garden harvesting.

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #25234 on: August 14, 2020, 04:48:56 AM
My first Olights that aren't an i3EOS or the i1R. As of late, my lights have been needing to be higher and higher output to see into the woods (bear problems as of late), and high-output lights burn through AAs so quick, rechargeables are better. $62 for everything--officially THE most money I've ever spent on flashlights. But, the cheap store-brand POS ain't cutting it anymore. Dim, and run through batteries quick, especially those dim "8 LED" lights that use 3! AAA batteries in a carrier; and last about one week, or whenever you drop it--whatever comes first.

Got a bundle deal; S1R Baton II orange and I5T purple. I have lots of different colors, and like variety. I already had the i3EOS UV in OD Green, so I chose the purple version. At 1000 lumens, the S1R will probably replace the LED Lenser PX6 (long discontinued, even when I got it) as my "bump in the night" flashlight, that I typically use to see what the dog's barking at, or making noise outside. I5T will be an EDC light. At 300 lumen, it outclasses my two current EDC lights--the i3EOS by triple, and almost 7X that of my Maglite LED Solitaire. And, both lights have several levels;  down to small output for going to the bathroom at night, all the way up to the high output I need outdoors.

And, a freebie I1R2. An hour extra runtime over my original (also a freebie...) and a bit brighter may upstage the original I1R I've had since Olight came out with it about two years ago. The big thing for me is that the i1R2 does not have to have to have the top completely unscrewed to insert the charging cable.  They said that it will be one of three colors: red, mint green, or black, chosen at random.  You were supposed to share it to someone else, but I clicked the button and it went in my cart. I have been critical of their marketing as of late (especially some spam we got here sometime back), so I'm glad I actually didn't have to do it.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #25235 on: August 14, 2020, 07:40:24 AM
 :like: Whole new world when you step up just a little in lights.  I have an S1R Turbo S I like but I really like my Zebralight better.  Heard a noise out back and grabbed my S1R lit the back yard up but that burst only last a moment the drops.  My ZL hits 500 and stays lit.  Running 14500s makes a difference in that light over AAs. 

My S1R is good but the 900 Lumen is not really usable for me so its really a 600lm light. 

Thats a great bundle especially with the free item.   :tu:     
Esse Quam Videri

england Offline Kev D

Reply #25236 on: August 14, 2020, 11:53:32 AM
This and a deep carry pocket clip for it  :ahhh

us Offline cody6268

Reply #25237 on: August 15, 2020, 12:04:39 AM
Another forum I'm on does a POS exchange, where one of us sends another member (chosen by the individual who volunteered to do the exchange) a bunch of beat up and low-end knives.   As a part of the bundle I got, I received a used Razor Lite Folding Hunter with the 3.5" blade. They have replaceable blades. I've been curious about how they are in use. A pack of six blades was just ten bucks (24 is even cheaper per blade--but I don't think I'll ever use that many), so I decided to replace the chipped blade in it.  Thinking I may use it as a game cleaning knife when I start hunting. But, I think I will sharpen out the bit of damage this blade has, and use it until I manage to chip it, then swap for an new blade.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #25238 on: August 18, 2020, 12:27:01 PM
Another forum I'm on does a POS exchange, where one of us sends another member (chosen by the individual who volunteered to do the exchange) a bunch of beat up and low-end knives.   As a part of the bundle I got, I received a used Razor Lite Folding Hunter with the 3.5" blade. They have replaceable blades. I've been curious about how they are in use. A pack of six blades was just ten bucks (24 is even cheaper per blade--but I don't think I'll ever use that many), so I decided to replace the chipped blade in it.  Thinking I may use it as a game cleaning knife when I start hunting. But, I think I will sharpen out the bit of damage this blade has, and use it until I manage to chip it, then swap for an new blade.

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

That looks interesting. Maybe even more, if they had serrated blades, saws, different blade shapes...

:tu: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline cody6268

Reply #25239 on: August 19, 2020, 03:18:52 AM
That looks interesting. Maybe even more, if they had serrated blades, saws, different blade shapes...

:tu: :tu:

Sort of like the Havalon knives--exactly!

And more premium steel choices. The only problem is the design these have. Stuff gets trapped in the well between the removable blade and the receptacle/spine.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #25240 on: August 19, 2020, 11:56:56 AM
This and a deep carry pocket clip for it  :ahhh

Wait, wasn't mags geting that PM2?!

:think: :think:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #25241 on: August 19, 2020, 11:58:05 AM
Sort of like the Havalon knives--exactly!

And more premium steel choices. The only problem is the design these have. Stuff gets trapped in the well between the removable blade and the receptacle/spine.

Yes, the full-blade replacement would have been better. Is there any blade play?

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

fi Offline old Lefty

• No Life Club
  • Brick Bradford of multitool universe
Reply #25242 on: August 19, 2020, 12:42:04 PM
Rinaldi Racing Axe and a CRKT Guppie was ordered between meetings today.

I’ve got a soft spot for all things Italian, so can’t wait to see how this stacks up against my Jauregi and Tuatahi.

Guppie on the other hand has adjustable wrench which I think might be very usefull

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by this axe I rule

england Offline Kev D

Reply #25243 on: August 19, 2020, 01:45:08 PM
Wait, wasn't mags geting that PM2?!

:think: :think:

:dunno:

england Offline Kev D

Reply #25244 on: August 19, 2020, 04:24:15 PM
The modern day ultimate multitool, a new mobile phone.  My contract ran out yesterday so I've done my upgrade today and have got the new Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra arriving on Saturday. 

I wasn't going to upgrade but my mum was saying the other day she needs a newer phone, so I've upgraded and she can have my Samsung Galaxy S9+.  She's a happy bunny now too as it saves her buying one.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 04:42:29 PM by Kev D »

fi Offline Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #25245 on: August 19, 2020, 04:31:02 PM
Boughted yesterday Leatherman Free T4 and now im waiting it to arrive, it should arrive tomorrow or friday

Only Tools Matters

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #25246 on: August 19, 2020, 04:57:31 PM
  :dunno:

My bad! I see what happened: mags was just bumping the thread and saying tom57 was great to deal with (possibly on an older trade). I just assumed mags was happy to have bought the PM2.

:facepalm:

:cheers: :tu:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline cody6268

Reply #25247 on: August 19, 2020, 06:02:47 PM
The modern day ultimate multitool, a new mobile phone.  My contract ran out yesterday so I've done my upgrade today and have got the new Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra arriving on Saturday. 

I wasn't going to upgrade but my mum was saying the other day she needs a newer phone, so I've upgraded and she can have my Samsung Galaxy S9+.  She's a happy bunny now too as it saves her buying one.

I"m still trying to teach my grandmother how to use a modern smartphone. She had a Sonim Bolt, about the most basic you can get these days. Since AT&T is phasing out its 3G network, her phone no longer would work at the end of this year. But, 3G until recently was about the only network you got in most places around here.   When I replaced my NEC Terrain with a Kyocera DuraForce Pro 2, I got her an LG Stylo 4. AT&Ts basic industrial phones were either being discontinued or were really expensive, and the basic standard phones they had were garbage.

england Offline Kev D

Reply #25248 on: August 19, 2020, 06:43:13 PM
I"m still trying to teach my grandmother how to use a modern smartphone. She had a Sonim Bolt, about the most basic you can get these days. Since AT&T is phasing out its 3G network, her phone no longer would work at the end of this year. But, 3G until recently was about the only network you got in most places around here.   When I replaced my NEC Terrain with a Kyocera DuraForce Pro 2, I got her an LG Stylo 4. AT&Ts basic industrial phones were either being discontinued or were really expensive, and the basic standard phones they had were garbage.

I know the feeling. My mum has my old note 3 from a few upgrades ago and I am always having to teach her how to do the same things on android over and over and over and over again  :facepalm:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #25249 on: August 19, 2020, 07:48:51 PM
I know the feeling. My mum has my old note 3 from a few upgrades ago and I am always having to teach her how to do the same things on android over and over and over and over again  :facepalm:

Same here 

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #25250 on: August 19, 2020, 07:54:16 PM
Apple type here  :duel:

Every year I upgrade to the latest Max type version (this year it'll be the 12 Pro Max or similar  :dunno: )

Then Mrs Surge gets my current phone, 11 Pro Max, and one of her family will get her 10 Xs Max (previously mine)

I sign a 2 year contract (2019) and then buy the latest one from Apple the next year (2020) and just swap the SIM

It's not cheap, but I can't sleep knowing I don't have the latest toy  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

At least I get a "Blue Light Discount" (15% off line rental)  :tu:

Apple love me  :dd:
They don't like it up 'em!

us Offline cody6268

Reply #25251 on: August 20, 2020, 05:40:22 PM
I had another knife from First Tactical, the Krait Spear. It was a big sturdy knife, actually too big. I loved their "Thumb Bridge" opening system (their take on Spyderco's Cobra Hood), and the short deep-carry clip. But, it had a few problems. The blade had a stylized recurve, which made it hard to sharpen, even harder in that it was D2 Tool Steel.  And, the blade lock wasn't proud enough.  I bought it because it was on sale months ago.

This was the one I actually wanted, and have for over a year--the Sidewinder Safety Knife. Living on a farm, knives with strap cutters are really handy to have, to cut strapping, baler twine, and feed sacks, as to save wear on your blade for real cutting. You can extricate livestock from predicaments easily, and it's there when you happen upon a bad wreck. It has a glass breaker, but due to it being removable, I am likely to just unscrew it and set it aside. They poke my hand, poke holes in my clothing, and wreak havoc on car upholstery and furniture. While it will likely wreck a ton of stuff, I may use a glass breaker a tiny handful of times during my life. All cars have laminated windows these days anyway.  Steel is AUS-8, and the blade shape is a modified upswept sheepsfoot instead of that ridiculous modified Kuhri shape. So, definitely easier to sharpen.  And that bright yellow color--if I lose it, I'm gonna have to try hard.

And from First Tactical as well, a new belt. Been wanting to try a web belt. All of mine at present are leather. I'm odd in that every stock hole on my belt fits loose, so I often have to drill holes with my SAK in between the stock ones to hold my pants up. And, not to mention, I've stepped on the metal stud that my solid one-piece brass Western-style buckle uses to hook to the holes in my belt more than once. Makes stepping on a Lego look like nothing.

First Tactical Range Belt, Coyote.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #25252 on: August 20, 2020, 06:15:21 PM
Nice belt! The nice thing about any web vs leather is if you have that large meal and just need that little loosen rather then going an entire hole, or if in an emergency  it can be used as a tourniquet on unlimited size! There all I wear, here’s my collection and the one I wear the most,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #25253 on: August 21, 2020, 09:23:58 AM
A Rebar from Aloha, hopefully it makes it's way here safely and quickly, and it dodges the tax fairy  :twak:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

england Offline Kev D

Reply #25254 on: August 21, 2020, 12:51:50 PM
A Rebar from Aloha, hopefully it makes it's way here safely and quickly, and it dodges the tax fairy  :twak:

Good luck.

I'm guessing international package handling fee +vat as a minimum. That's what always happens to me

• No Life Club
Reply #25255 on: August 21, 2020, 03:37:05 PM
Good luck.

I'm guessing international package handling fee +vat as a minimum. That's what always happens to me

I've only ever been charged when I got taxed, I have however had a package checked by customs but no charge (just a notice saying they had opened it). So here's hoping  :drink:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #25256 on: August 21, 2020, 08:25:59 PM
Fingers crossed for you GF :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #25257 on: August 21, 2020, 08:44:49 PM
 :iagree:  Always nerve racking sending overseas  :ahhh

Fingers crossed.
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #25258 on: August 21, 2020, 11:32:18 PM
I've only ever been charged when I got taxed, I have however had a package checked by customs but no charge (just a notice saying they had opened it). So here's hoping  :drink:
I too am waiting for a package from Aloha ( :hatsoff: ) It has now arrived in the UK (10+ days later)

Also it takes about a week to arrive from HWDC, to a UK address  :ahhh

I suspect that I'll get a nice card from RM saying that there's some revenue to pay  :pok: (again  :whistle: )

Still, we suffer for our art (don't we  :dunno: )
They don't like it up 'em!

• No Life Club
Reply #25259 on: August 21, 2020, 11:57:35 PM
I too am waiting for a package from Aloha ( :hatsoff: ) It has now arrived in the UK (10+ days later)

Also it takes about a week to arrive from HWDC, to a UK address  :ahhh

I suspect that I'll get a nice card from RM saying that there's some revenue to pay  :pok: (again  :whistle: )

Still, we suffer for our art (don't we  :dunno: )

Wait you mean you can't swing anything for me? What good is having a man on the borders if he can't flumux the taxman on your behalf  :pok:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%