Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What do we have on the way?

Benner · 26150 · 1393774

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: What do we have on the way?
Reply #25890 on: October 15, 2021, 11:41:37 PM
The USB-C end of the 10 foot USB cable I normally used with my Xbox One wireless controller on PC broke; so I decided to just replace it with the Wireless Adapter. I'd bought the official XBOX One controller as they are a little tougher than the cheap Logitechs and other brands.

To this date, I don't understand why the compatibility isn't built-in to Windows; given most PCs have Bluetooth these days, and my PC does recognize and can connect to the controller, but it doesn't work in most games I have. To work properly, that meant $25 I really didn't need to spend.  The dang adapter should be in the box with the controller.

This does mean, however, I'll be probably needing to buy more Eneloops, since I'll no longer just be using them in flashlights.

us Offline cody6268

Reply #25891 on: November 26, 2021, 04:51:12 AM
A third party who has more or less moved from eBay to his own website had a 50 percent off sale, and I noticed the two PSTs he had weren't stupidly overpriced ($30 each before discount). It seems he may be realizing his weird pricing structure is costing him sales, and he's starting to come to his senses when it comes to older Gerbers and LMs. Now, let's just see how many of these I actually get. His inventory was a mess last order a year back. Half the order last time wasn't actually in stock.

So, since the PST I've been using in the PST Challenge is a little rough, same with the slightly later one that I use as spare parts, I bought both of them.  One will likely replace the pre-date code I'm currently using as an EDC, and the other will be a spare.  I spent about $50 on these three.

Both were $17 each, and the "Agrium" logo one still has the sheath! This will be my first PST with a leather sheath. I have nylon for my OG Wave and Mini Tool.

Also, needlenose Mr. Pinchy! I kinda missed getting blood blisters every time my blunt nose slipped off a bolt or I cut wire.  :D

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #25892 on: December 03, 2021, 05:49:19 PM
I made the list so the Mrs just ordered me a v-neck cause I hate crewneck, here’s a pic idk how clear it’s going to be on here but for those who know me and are going to try to find me have fun,, lol..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

fi Offline Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #25893 on: December 03, 2021, 09:02:20 PM
I boughted today M05 Locksmith, now i just need to wait it to arrive. I have been looking sometime that M05 model and especially Locksmith.

Only Tools Matters

us Offline cody6268

Reply #25894 on: December 04, 2021, 12:09:44 AM
I boughted today M05 Locksmith, now i just need to wait it to arrive. I have been looking sometime that M05 model and especially Locksmith.

Only Tools Matters

Nice score! That is the exact Locksmith model I settled on. Red and black are so boring, and they don't make the Locksmith in Dual Grip anyway.

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #25895 on: December 04, 2021, 12:11:01 AM
Scored a Spyderco Mule Team MT35 in MagnaCut this morning. That was an excruciating hour of website crashing and refreshing on my phone to place the order. I had to reenter my CC info like a dozen times.

us Offline cody6268

Reply #25896 on: December 04, 2021, 12:34:02 AM
Spyderco Mule Team 35: CPM MagnaCut

This the first Mule in the 3-4 I actually tried to buy over the years that I was actually able to get.

CPM MagnaCut is a brand new steel in the market, and the MT35 is the first to feature it.

I highly recommend reading the story behind it:

https://knifesteelnerds.com/2021/03/25/cpm-magnacut/

The sheath plan is a generic "fits most under 4 inches" sheath at first just so I can carry/use the knife safely, but I plan to make it from HDPE. That will be bought later on.

https://www.baryonyxknife.com/hehdposhma.html

I plan to make a proper G-10 handle, but am going with a paracord wrap at first, again just so the knife can comfortably and safely be used and carried.

The problem is--I'm out of paracord. I'd been buying the cheap imported stuff that Lowe's and Tractor Supply carry, and it's just not that great.  My local knife store sells the US-made Atwood paracord, and I decided to price compare. Turns out, the knife store's prices are better for the regular selection, but Atwood sells 5-pound (said to be 1000 feet)"mystery boxes", mostly of pieces that came up just short of their specified lengths; but also miscolored and QC reject lengths.  A 100" bundle is $10 here locally, and the POS stuff from Tractor Supply ain't much cheaper.  These were $15. I use paracord for everything.

As I was ready to checkout, I was prompted to add a free T-Shirt. I didn't mind, as well, half mine has some kind of stain on them. It's supposed to be a grab-bag, again. They have some solid designs, but some aren't that attractive. These are Jerzees Drifit moisture-wicking (most of my color T-Shirts are Gildan; bought from a local promotional company who sells quite inexpensive blank T-shirts and sweatshirts as well). Oh well, if it's ugly, I can just wear it under something.

us Offline cody6268

Reply #25897 on: December 04, 2021, 12:36:00 AM
Scored a Spyderco Mule Team MT35 in MagnaCut this morning. That was an excruciating hour of website crashing and refreshing on my phone to place the order. I had to reenter my CC info like a dozen times.

Nice! This is the first Mule Team I've been able to buy. I do admit I really didn't try with the last one, as the Z-Wear steel didn't really meet my toughness preferences.

It may have been 50% more expensive than most of the prior Mule Teams,  but MagnaCut is a very new steel, and I think it may be the best cutlery steel ever produced.

us Offline Farmer X

• Master of the unexciting
Reply #25898 on: December 04, 2021, 03:42:51 AM
I plan to make a proper G-10 handle, but am going with a paracord wrap at first, again just so the knife can comfortably and safely be used and carried.

The problem is--I'm out of paracord.
I'm desperately trying to use up some paracord...and I bought more! If you hadn't already placed the order, I'd have been happy to send you some black paracord for a handle wrap.

Congratulations to you and Chrono on your Spyderco Mule Team scores!
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

fi Offline Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #25899 on: December 04, 2021, 03:52:32 PM
It arrived today M05 Locksmith, this thing is beast. I really like 111m file/metal saw and that fatter flathead.

Only Tools Matters

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #25900 on: December 04, 2021, 06:09:20 PM
Very cool  :tu:
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #25901 on: December 04, 2021, 07:53:12 PM
It arrived today M05 Locksmith, this thing is beast. I really like 111m file/metal saw and that fatter flathead.
(Image removed from quote.)

Only Tools Matters

I can't see it, but I believe you...

:whistle:

:D :D :D :D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Farmer X

• Master of the unexciting
Reply #25902 on: December 04, 2021, 09:35:11 PM
It arrived today M05 Locksmith, this thing is beast.
:like: That's a very cool beast!
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

fi Offline Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #25903 on: December 04, 2021, 09:59:40 PM
I can't see it, but I believe you...

:whistle:

:D :D :D :D
My Hercules has regular Flathead and Locksmith has fatter and larger flathead

Only Tools Matters

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #25904 on: December 05, 2021, 12:42:18 AM
My Hercules has regular Flathead and Locksmith has fatter and larger flathead (Image removed from quote.)

Only Tools Matters

My GAK and Picknicker have the same flat head, it feels like a really robust tool you can abuse a bit without fear  :tu:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #25905 on: December 12, 2021, 11:39:44 PM
My Fisher Space Pen is on its way home from having warranty work done due to the clip not staying on the pen.  :whistle:
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #25906 on: December 13, 2021, 02:25:20 AM
My Fisher Space Pen is on its way home from having warranty work done due to the clip not staying on the pen.  :whistle:

Bought an orange Backpacker Fisher Pen a couple weeks ago, mostly for use at work. Been trying to find a good place to carry it when not working. I might need to find a larger S biner to carry on a shirt button hole.
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #25907 on: December 13, 2021, 03:47:56 AM
Nothing! :like:

All the packages have arrived safely. Nothing else on the way. :cheers:

I am technically waiting for the Surprise Box GAW package to make its way here, so there's that. :think:

us Offline cody6268

Reply #25908 on: December 13, 2021, 05:20:35 PM
Nice stuff!

I find the Worksharp Guided Field Sharpener works pretty well for quick touch-ups.

Never seen that Knipex packaging before. Of those I've had, most were loose or in a bag.

That Pass-Through Mini Ratchet looks pretty nice! Looks like a less-expensive version than the Vic. What brand?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #25909 on: December 13, 2021, 05:41:32 PM
Oh that sucked! The dog gets mad when a delivery trucks go by, now I got something coming UPS today, and all of a sudden the dog starts doing his little “dude stay away from my house” routine, and I’m like “YES, it’s here” but then I see a FedEx truck drive by and I’m like ah man.. that sucks!!
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #25910 on: December 13, 2021, 07:05:51 PM
Nice stuff!

I find the Worksharp Guided Field Sharpener works pretty well for quick touch-ups.

Never seen that Knipex packaging before. Of those I've had, most were loose or in a bag.

That Pass-Through Mini Ratchet looks pretty nice! Looks like a less-expensive version than the Vic. What brand?

All my Knipex tools came in different packaging, a box, a bag, that plastic holder, I've seen bubble packaging, different boxes. No idea why it's so inconsistent. I even fear that I've received knock-offs.

The ratchet is very similar to the ToPeak micro ratchet. Same dimensions as far as I can see, and almost identical. It is absolutely minuscule.  :like:

bg Offline DavisNikolov

Reply #25911 on: December 13, 2021, 07:58:45 PM
Second time ever (from not that many tries) I won some auctions on the bay. From the 6 I went for I got 3:
- a stainless skeletool with straight edge blade. I sure hope the seller sends me the right one because he has quite a lot of tools.
- an older micra with “pats pend” on the outside and “for philips” on one of the flatheads
- a rev at half the price of a new one.

I am pretty excited, they are expected in 2-3 weeks.  :gimme: :gimme: :gimme:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #25912 on: December 13, 2021, 08:06:42 PM
Oh this is torture, twice the UPS truck has gone by yet hasn’t stopped here, like dude, just give me my package!!
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #25913 on: December 13, 2021, 10:17:23 PM
Well finally it came in! So I got my t-shirt, not a big deal but to me it kinda is, there’s 424 names on that shirt and I’m one of them, here’s a pic..
JR

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #25914 on: December 13, 2021, 10:28:54 PM
 :like: :tu:

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #25915 on: December 15, 2021, 03:05:42 AM
  When your neighbor gets something stuck in their mailbox... the excitement builds!

* paxolin_sheet.jpg (Filesize: 66.26 KB)
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

au Offline Valkie

Reply #25916 on: December 15, 2021, 07:39:59 AM
My son has a nice new victornox farmer x alox for me for Christmas.

He could only get it in silver, I would have loved blue or black and a few places in the US have them in these colours, but they don't post to Australia.

What I need is a contact in the US who could get me one and post it here, but I'm not sure if it's a customs issue or just policy.

The Australian cleptocrats are somewhat tender about people buying knives from overseas.
And with our draconian laws, pretty soon the only eating implement allowed in the home will be a spoon.
tools is what defines us as humans

au Offline Echotech

Reply #25917 on: December 15, 2021, 08:51:01 AM
My son has a nice new victornox farmer x alox for me for Christmas.

He could only get it in silver, I would have loved blue or black and a few places in the US have them in these colours, but they don't post to Australia.

What I need is a contact in the US who could get me one and post it here, but I'm not sure if it's a customs issue or just policy.

The Australian cleptocrats are somewhat tender about people buying knives from overseas.
And with our draconian laws, pretty soon the only eating implement allowed in the home will be a spoon.
Very nice gift from your son Valkie :like: FX is the business

https://www.messershop-ob.de/alox-messer_1

These guys usually have coloured alox and they post to Australia :woohoo: (including red, blue, green alox FX, I got a green one about a year ago), but they’ve only red PX and red or black minichamps at the moment

I’m in Sydney and bought from them half a dozen times, all been good but the postage time is unbelievably slow and it’s not cheap, although they do have good sales and the quoted price is a little lower in the checkout as you don’t pay the tax

:cheers:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #25918 on: December 15, 2021, 03:52:59 PM
  When your neighbor gets something stuck in their mailbox... the excitement builds!

That's so  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline bpc

Albany OC Pioneer Pruner
Reply #25919 on: December 16, 2021, 06:48:52 PM
Lucked out on this Albany advertising OC Pioneer Pruner beater in an eBay lot.  It's out for delivery now!

* sak.jpg (Filesize: 131.73 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD