Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Have you had your Covid-19 vaccine jabs yet? MTO's Covid resistance

dks · 299 · 11673

Poll

Have you had your Covid-19 jabs yet?

Yes, both shots (or one for vaccines needing just one)
Yes, only one but I will be getting the second in the future
No, but I will get one
No, I had Covid-19 and was told by a doctor that I do not need to be vaccinated
No, for reasons not covered by the above choices
I have had my 3rd shot (I am ancient)
I was able to get real Covid, so I only needed one shot

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
My second dose has been moved up from August 17th to June 29th, and I am getting Moderna (I think) to follow up my AZ in May.

Apparently that gives me super immunity, so I'm going to order a cape from Amazon.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
No word yet on second doses for me. Mind you, I got a Pfizer shot on May 28th.  :think:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
My second dose has been moved up from August 17th to June 29th, and I am getting Moderna (I think) to follow up my AZ in May.

Apparently that gives me super immunity, so I'm going to order a cape from Amazon.

Def

Didn't know you could mix them.
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Apparently our chief medical person says that mixing them gives better results.

I have no idea, nor do I really give a rat's ass what I get.  Frankly I don't care if I get sick later, get super powers or just explode some day in a parking lot.  Let's just get this crap done so we can get on to the next problem.  And, if it kills me, well then I suppose the next problem won't bother me a bit.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
I truly hope you don't mean it Grant  :-\

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"

I have no idea, nor do I really give a rat's ass what I get.  Frankly I don't care if I get sick later, get super powers or just explode some day in a parking lot.  Let's just get this crap done so we can get on to the next problem.  And, if it kills me, well then I suppose the next problem won't bother me a bit.

Def

I like your attitude, chief! :rofl:
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

se Offline RF52

Def
:iagree:

Sent fra min M2002J9G via Tapatalk

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!

Def

They're probably doing the same around here. Folks who had the first AZ shot, will probably get another vaccine in the second shot (or not, it's till unclear).

??? ???

I've heard a lot of "experts" saying it's ok to have a different vaccine for your second dose. I awlways thought that when you get half an orange plus half an orange, you'd end up with a full orange. If you get half an orange plus half a tomato, you'd end up with an upset stomach. Then again, what do I now?!

:facepalm:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

nz Offline Syncop8r

If you get half an orange plus half a tomato, you'd end up with an upset stomach. Then again, what do I now?!
You get a tomange.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
I truly hope you don't mean it Grant  :-\

Honestly, it's not law that I get it, but life will get difficult for those who don't, which pretty well makes it mandatory.

Since there's nothing I can do about it, really, why worry about it? 

We have seen so many members here, or their loved ones affected by this that it seems disrespectful (and short sighted) to refuse the vaccine, so might as well jump right in and at least try to do the right thing.  I'd take a bullet for any of you, so why wouldn't I risk the vaccine?

Yes, the long term effects may be a cause for concern, but the short term effects of not risking the health of those around me seems like a worthwhile tradeoff, and, if it turns out to be very bad for me, well, I'll check out knowing I tried to do the right thing.

So... yeah.  I mean every word of it.

Def

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
It certainly makes sense that way  :hatsoff:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
It certainly makes sense that way  :hatsoff:

To each their own though.  I feel this way, but I really don't think everyone needs to agree with me.

Def

ie Offline eamo

• No Life Club
  • I have a small selection of disparate tools
Recently had my 2nd pfizer shot no ill effects either time just very slight headache bit of a sore arm and tired for a few days.  :tu:

And yeah Grant I hear you and I think you're right.
It is never too late to be what you might have been - George Eliot

br Offline Hevy (CT-782)

• No Life Club
I and my wife got our AstraZeneca jabs on the 11th June.
Sore arm, pain in joints that I forgot that I had and fatigue. For one day.

Wife got the almost same reaction.

Considering all situation here  in the country, I'm feelling lucky for being vaccinated.
(Reached the 500k deaths this week )

Enviado de meu moto g(6) usando o Tapatalk

Yes, the long term effects may be a cause for concern,

If that’s the case, at least we’re all in it together  :cheers: :dunno:

^-- where the cat sits

nz Offline Syncop8r

Yes, the long term effects may be a cause for concern
Are they though?

ph Offline Zephon

Wifey got her first Pfizer jab yesterday. So far just a sore arm and nothing really more.

Getting a schedule for it was more painful…..

2nd dose on Jul 13 for her.

I was given Astra so it’s a 10week gap from mid-May. I’m looking at early August.

Hopefully there will be infrastructure or rules for our 12 and 14 yr old kids. Either way, it’s not a covid shield per se but a protection against severe covid that could hit hard. Especially now that there’s word of that variant from India that can affect kids as much as adults.

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Are they though?

They'd have to be pretty bad to beat out covid, my missus is still struggling with breathing (now uses an inhaler daily when she never used one before in her life precovid) and get's mind fog or 'covid brain' regularly (if not multiple times a day sometimes) and she recovered from the actual infection 6 months ago.
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

nz Offline Syncop8r

They'd have to be pretty bad to beat out covid, my missus is still struggling with breathing (now uses an inhaler daily when she never used one before in her life precovid) and get's mind fog or 'covid brain' regularly (if not multiple times a day sometimes) and she recovered from the actual infection 6 months ago.
You should chat with Mechanickal - you have something in common.

You should chat with Mechanickal - you have something in common.

Now that you mention it, he hasn’t been around for a couple of weeks... hope he’s OK  :salute:

^-- where the cat sits

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Now that you mention it, he hasn’t been around for a couple of weeks... hope he’s OK  :salute:

He sort of said farewell to MTo. Hopefully just temporarily.
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
I heard how almost everyone has had some kind of reaction to the vaccine, if not bad enough to have to stay in bed a day or two, at least some soreness.

Everyone I talked to around here has had no reaction whatsoever, no matter what vaccine they got (Pfizer, AZ, Janssen). With the number of daily infections back in the four digits for a few weeks and giving the fact that when I (and pretty much everyone) got the vaccine, they already had a syringe ready and I didn't saw any vial, I'm getting a growing suspiction they just gave us distilled water, so as to calm the population and make believe they're doing a great job with the vaccination rate.

:think: :think:

Show content
Of course that's not what happened. We started to relax the restraining measures and, with growing number of daily contacts and vacations, with people coming and going to and from other countries, along with more aggressive strands, the numbers were sure to increase.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas

And that's the bottom line really.  Maybe we will get sick later from the vaccine, maybe not.

But without it, we WILL get sick now, and the results, even if it doesn't kill you, can be very, very serious.

Def

ph Offline Zephon

I would like to have that cocktail vaccine — I was given AZ and now that Pfizer is available, I’d like to get it as my second dose.  Vector + mRNA doesn’t sound too bad. 

Hopefully something like that would be possible come August when I’m due for my next jab.

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
My 2nd Pfizer shot has been brought forward from August to 17th July  :tu:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

england Offline Kev D

I had my 2nd one last Saturday and got the same headache as I got with the 1st one, but this time nausea and diarrhea accompanied it.  Thankfully the nausea and diarrhea only lasted until Tuesday afternoon but the headache is still here (though thankfully reducing now).  I rang the Dr Tuesday and on Wednesday I went to the path lab to get bloods taken for testing and the Dr's afterwards. I got an actual face to face check up rather than just a phone call!! (my fellow Brits will get that), anyway the Dr gave me a good prod and poke and isn't concerned so I went on my merry way and waiting for it to go fully.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
I would like to have that cocktail vaccine — I was given AZ and now that Pfizer is available, I’d like to get it as my second dose.  Vector + mRNA doesn’t sound too bad. 

Hopefully something like that would be possible come August when I’m due for my next jab.

My doubts about this is that you just get half vector and half mRNA. Neither of them is complete and I'm not sure if the protection they provide stack up...

:think: :think:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Supposedly they do, or at least that's what the Canadian Doctor Supreme is saying.  You know, for whatever that is worth.

Doesn't matter to me- I'm getting it done anyway, and I don't give a smurf if the inject me with a leftover bit if strawberry milkshake someone had for lunch.  The sooner I can get this done, the sooner (supposedly) we can start trying to push the new normal back to normal normal.

I got my AZ shot on May 4th and I'm going for my second shot just before lunch on Tuesday.  I think I'm getting the Moderna one this time.

Megan gets her second dose a on July 4th, and that will be that.

Def

se Offline RF52

I got my second dose of Pfizer earlier today my wife and I are fully vacsinated(?)
My wife did get one dose Astra Zeneca and one dose Pfizer and they say that it is supposed to be better over here in Sweden too :dunno:

Sent fra min M2002J9G via Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD